abidismaili

Taking a boy to your country for a holiday

I have called the immigration department of my country what I must do to get a holiday visum for a Thai guy. I would love to show a friend (he works in Soi Twilight) my country. And he wants it too. He has only left Thailand one time in his life.

Some things are easy to accomplish: get a Thai passport, get health insurance, get two good photographs, proof you have at least 35 EUR for every day you want to stay in Europe. This is all do-able.

But there is a hard part. He has to make it very likely that he will return to Thailand. I asked them "how can he make that likely?". They say you can show us a paper that he is employed, or show us a paper that he is enrolled in a university (school). 

The guy I want to invite for a holiday has no job (as said he is a money boy in BKK) and is not enrolled in a school.

I am sure some of you have taken a guy over to Europe for some weeks. How did you get the visum? Is the last requirement really very important and maintained strictly? You have some tips for me?

I live in a Schengen country.

A lot of Thai boys "in the trade" seem to be able to call on bar owner friends / contact / forgery companies to write them the required "yes he works here as waiter / cleaner / cashier etc and we have agreed to 3 weeks holiday but then he is required to return to his job" letter for use when they need it.

As to whether or not immigration believe such a letter without there being some proof of earnings showing in his bank etc or some other obvious proof of its validity is a whole other matter.

The good news for you is that as you live in a Shenzhen visa country it certainly IS doable and as long as you / he meet even the most basic of requirements of ticking the required boxes - even if only half honestly - you should be ok.

As to whether or not it's a good idea to actually bring a free lance money boy from Thailand to your Country in the first place, well now THAT is a subject for a whole other thread load I'm guessing !!

As to whether or not it's a good idea to actually bring a free lance money boy from Thailand to your Country in the first place, well now THAT is a subject for a whole other thread load I'm guessing !!

Well, if you have the time off work to entertain him and be entertained, why not ?   If I knew someone well enough & could get them over here, I think it could work.

I guess if he's coming to your house, you need some level of trust, as all the valuables in your house cannot be locked in the safe. Although making off with a laptop (for example) and hoping to catch a re-scheduled flight back to Thailand before you find out isn't that easy.

If I knew someone well enough & could get them over here, I think it could work.

To bring somebody for vacation you need to know that person very, very well.

Like firecat I wouldn't worry about possible theft but having somebody as constant companion can be taxing at times and I don't mean money or goods.

On another hand  showing him your own country can be very entertaining and eye opening to you as we locals often overlook interesting sights in our backyard.

My advice to anybody contemplating such a move would be to take guy off bar for 3-4 days and see how it works for both of you 

But there is a hard part. He has to make it very likely that he will return to Thailand. I asked them "how can he make that likely?". They say you can show us a paper that he is employed, or show us a paper that he is enrolled in a university (school). 

If he has no steady, high paying job and is not enrolled in a university, then as far as I can tell there is only one way to show the required papers - you would have to fabricate them somehow and lie about it.  That is not what I would call a good idea.  Doing that would mean you would have to commit a crime - fraud, perhaps forgery as well.  You would also be placing him at risk of facing criminal charges.  I don't know what the penalties would be if you get caught, but whatever they are, I wouldn't want to face them or have to explain my actions to a judge.

Do you really think taking that kind of risk for the sake of a holiday is worth it?  Do you think immigration officials, people who deal with visa applicants all day, every day, are stupid?

Best tip I can think of to give you - forget it, at least until your friend is able to obtain a visa honestly and legitimately. 

If you want a holiday with the boy, take him to holiday destinations within Thailand.  Maybe both he and you would be disappointed in being unable to have a holiday together  in Europe, but a good holiday in Thailand would beat hell out of a potential holiday in Klong Prem.

Prem_zpsfyaaj2of.jpg

Dinner time at Klong Prem

Getting a Schengen visa is the easiest thing ever. He doesn't need any income or job, you just need to provide a formal "Schengen invitation". That is an official, formal document to be executed at city hall (my country) or whatever other office has been assigned this job by the laws of your country. Then, you send that document to the person wishing to travel to Schengen, they take it to the embassy when applying for a Schengen invitaition visa, and boom, you got it. Super easy. No need for any dodgy dealings.

The Schengen invitaion involves you vouching for EVERYTHING about that the invited person's stay, i.e. expenses in particular, and his return to his country (though a return ticket may or may not be required, I'm not sure).  

That visa then allows for a stay of 3 months, not bad at all.

The requirements you mentioned about job, school, income etc on ly apply when the person applies for a regular tourist visa on his own. The invitation visa is a different type and does not require that, because all of that is covered by the guarantee you provide through that document.

Go to the website of your country's embassy in Bangkok to find out about the rules and requirements, it should all be there.

Guest abang1961

If there is so much red-tape involved, then why not consider the Asean region.

I am sure he will enjoy and appreciate it as much as some foreign land.

Vietnam is quite a beauty.. to be fair, I’m not promoting Singapore here because it gets way too expensive compared to my neighbours in the region.  With  Airasia flying out to many destinations within the region, why not consider this as an alternative?

But then again, it depends on your invite what he likes to see ....even Malaysia's Penang has plenty to offer... world heritage site, food, beach and shopping... all rolled into one..

If there is so much red-tape involved, then why not consider the Asean region.

I am sure he will enjoy and appreciate it as much as some foreign land.

Because I only have 5 weeks holiday per year from my job. By taking him to my country he can stay at my place for 3 months on a holiday visum. I take 4 trips to Thailand each year of 1 week each. I want him longer with me. And he wants to see Paris, London etc. Most of your guys are pensioners who have 52 weeks holiday each year, or you inherited a fortune because your parents died early and can live for many years on that fortune cheap in Thailand. Or you faked a disability which made you can not work and receive this way a monthly income from your government and live good on it in Thailand (in my country almost 1 million people can officially not work due to a disability; everyone knows a lot of fraud is going on there). But sadly:  I have to work for my income and as said I only have 5 weeks holiday each year. 

So taking him to say Cambodia for 2 months is not an option. I not have 2 months free time in a year!

Most of your guys are pensioners who have 52 weeks holiday each year, or you inherited a fortune because your parents died early and can live for many years on that fortune cheap in Thailand. Or you faked a disability which made you can not work and receive this way a monthly income from your government and live good on it in Thailand. 

What's with the insulting remarks?  Until this post, I thought you were a decent guy.  Apparently I thought wrong.

I'm a pensioner.  Am I supposed to be ashamed of that?  How do you think I got it?  I earned it - from many years of hard work and long hours.  In my life nobody gave me a damned thing.  I worked for what I have and so did most of the rest of us living here.  Your 5 weeks of holidays is a lot more than many living here ever got.

People responding to your message on this topic did so to try to help you and this is how you respond? 

I'll leave it at that and resist the urge to say the rest of what ought to be said to you - I don't want my post to end up deleted.

Sorry, was not meant to be insulting. I respect pensioners and they have deserved their pension well. Did I say something insulting about them?

But some of the gay men in Thailand who reside there before official retirement age have got the means to do that by the ways I described. Some had a company and sold it for profit, some won the lottery and some got it the way I described. You deny that?

And you will not like the following also: if the guy is Russian and 50 and has enough money to live in Thailand and not needs to work, then I think in the majority of cases (60%, what is your guess?) he did not earn that money with honest means.

You deny that?

Arfe you actually trying to justify your post?  You're not going to get to ask loaded questions to me and think you're going to get me to respond to them.  Your entire post was uncalled for and insulting and so is the post above.

Go ahead - explain to us how you can possibily know how any of us got our money and why you're so obviously jealous of it.  While you're at it, explain why you posted that totally unprovoked nonsense in the first place.

Because I only have 5 weeks holiday per year from my job. By taking him to my country he can stay at my place for 3 months on a holiday visum. I take 4 trips to Thailand each year of 1 week each. I want him longer with me. And he wants to see Paris, London etc. Most of your guys are pensioners who have 52 weeks holiday each year, 

So taking him to say Cambodia for 2 months is not an option. I not have 2 months free time in a year!

I have to agree with GB.  Your post should have ended like this.  A simple explanation of why an alternative presented to you would not work.

You should be thankful for the valuable information you received here . The people that responded to you do not deserve to be demeaned just because you are still working.  Believe it or not most people work a long time in order to enjoy longer vacations or residence in Thailand.

Gaybutton clearly overreacted  and I wonder what nerve this abidismaili's comment below toughed ?.

Most of your guys are pensioners who have 52 weeks holiday each year, or you inherited a fortune because your parents died early and can live for many years on that fortune cheap in Thailand. Or you faked a disability which made you can not work and receive this way a monthly income from your government and live good on it in Thailand"

I fail to see  anything insulting here , it was not directed at anybody and  only part I  have objection to is 'most of you guys are pensioners" as I 'm not sure this is a case with our membership here.

That pensioner has 52 weeks of vacations and every day of week is Sunday is plain truth I heard from my grandmother back in 1970ties. Nobody says that those vacations must be particularly pleasant and one should go to the church daily, after all people are getting diseases or being shot on vacations too.

But vacations they are , one can sleep till noon and if needs three days off  there's no need to kiss bosses ass and lie about aunt Edna untimely and sudden demise.

What part of the above is insulting?

If somebody was unlucky to lose parents and at the same time lucky enough to inherit plenty one can be only jealous but those things happen and if one is beneficiary calling him lucky may be insensitive but hardly insulting.

As for fake disability claims I venture abidismaili is from The Netherlands as at one point is was well known fact that substantial percentage of workforce  there claimed back injury  and extracted dole for that, it was well known fact band he clearly says 'in my country'.

If you talk to farangs in cheaper digs in SE Asia you will meet those types but if you live in the condo or stay in  Hiltons you may be insulated from them.

Difference between North America and Europe is that Americans have bigger houses and cars, Europeans have bigger vacations, jealousy can go both ways depending on personal preferences.

Nobody imputed that pensioners should be ashamed of, yes they earned it by working long hours over long years  but next time you go to an institution  and will be served by rude, slow and incompetent / I'm  just looking in the mirror / employee  think that in several years that asshole will be pensioned and crying how hard he or she used to work for such a meager benefit. 

No need for abidismaili to be so apologetic and I give him credit for trying to maintain peace on the forum but I don think pensioners deserved more respect that pupils , students and working people. We all deserve respect  in the equal measure.

After all somebody who spend  honest life working hard, spending wisely,  voting smart and staying sober in  later years can more nasty and menacing as lazy spender always drunk,  on the dole whole life.

If one doubts  just remember what  you felt when news about Aunt Edna death reached you.    

Still few years for me  to those 52 week vacations with 7 Sundays week but only few thanks God.

I fail to see  anything insulting here.

Accusing people of faking disability is highly insulting.  Unless of course it is true, which it cannot be if addressed to all the board members who live in Thailand.

I imagine the people living in Thailand will be a mixture -wealthy pensioners, comfortable pensioners, poor pensioners, those who are running successful businesses remotely and those who live frugally on a mystery source of income (you know who in the latter case ).  Plus a few others.  Perhaps this is material for a topic.

Anyhow,the error has been politely acknowledged, so it's best to move on from that.

Perhaps some of us need to remember how lucky we are to reasonable holiday entitlement, 5 weeks or more.   Including bank holidays, mine now adds up to about 35 days.

Edited by Guest

Gaybutton clearly overreacted.

Are you kidding me?  You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think I overreacted at all and I find those remarks highly insulting.  I think my reaction was perfectly appropriate.   I'm surprised to see you actually being supportive of those remarks.  I'm still waiting to see a reason why those remarks were posted in the first place.  I see no excuse for it.

Are you kidding me?  You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think I overreacted at all and I find those remarks highly insulting.  I think my reaction was perfectly appropriate.   I'm surprised to see you actually being supportive of those remarks.  I'm still waiting to see a reason why those remarks were posted in the first place.  I see no excuse for it.

The reason is as follows darling.

I tried to make clear the option provided to me to take him to - for example - Cambodia for a few months was for me not an option due to lack of holiday. Then I said: unlike most members who are pensioners here. I said that because the guy who proposed the option clearly has the idea the average visitor of this forum is a pensioner. Why else come up with that solution?

And then I gave some other reasons why some - who are not yet pensioners - can live in Thailand. Reasons which are all valid and directed at none in particular. Because for those who live at age 50-55 in Thailand and not need to work there must be some who fit that profile you found so insulting. 

You even said I insulted pensioners. Can you please quote my insult directed to pensioners? I cannot find it. 

I cannot find it. 

You still don't seem to get it - I already said I'm not going to answer those kinds of ridiculous questions.  Try all you want.  Those kinds of questions will be duly ignored.

Whatever I am, one thing I am not is your 'darling.' My sympathies to anyone who is.

I'm done with this topic and for sure done with you.