marcolastrauman

Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Bangkok Field Report (quickie getaway) July 24-28 2015

Expecting no judgement, i'm basically by definition a sex tourist (i hope that does not make me a bad person)

and here is a judgement - you are good person. who you think we are?

Thank you for  a tip about bus from DMK and ticket  top-up trick  at destination .

I'm surprised  DMK taxis are so expensive, are you sure they did not try to milk you out?

Don't be afraid being accused to advertise , if you like place tell us here, I second your opinion about Tarntawan being welcoming and non-judgmental place, I like treating myself  to stay there for 2 nights on most trips and being more accustomed to places like  Malaysia  or  Om Yim and the  likes I treat it as ultimate luxury.

Nothing wrong with your story telling abilities , give yourself a credit.

Those taxi fares must be without meter or meter and long time in traffic jam.

There is a train as well, at least one per hour (all lines from north and north-east pass and stop).

There are some BTS ticket automates that accept bills (all MRT accept bills). Interesting idea how to circumvent having no coins.

Metered Taxi queue is impossible, i arrived at 5pm, seveeral international flights arriving. When i mentioned airport taxi i was referring to the "taxi/lemo" service where in you pay in advance. Even that has like 30-45 mins of waiting time with one middle eastern guy screaming at the counter for he has been waiting for more than 45 mins.

I'm now at Chiang Mai airport heading to Bangkok. I'd write something about my trip to Chiang Mai once i reached my hotel later.

@vinapu thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate it.

@christianPFC i'm still to see the one that accepts bills.

Metered Taxi queue is impossible, i arrived at 5pm, seveeral international flights arriving. When i mentioned airport taxi i was referring to the "taxi/lemo" service where in you pay in advance. Even that has like 30-45 mins of waiting time with one middle eastern guy screaming at the counter for he has been waiting for more than 45 mins.

just avoid the taxi queues at DMK by going up to the departure level and hail a cab that has just dropped off passengers. Did that just last week, worked like a charm. He even turned on the meter right away, last time I did that I had to negotiate a flat rate (400 incl. toll, which is roughly what it comes out to anyway; couldn't wait for another one willing to use the meter coz quite some people were doing the same, chasing the few cabs available up there). 

If we're talking 45 minute queues for a taxi at DMK, the bus and BTS must be a good alternative. 

The #29 buses run every 10 minutes or so.  There are also A1 and A2 buses every half hour or so, which I presume would be quicker, but I've not yet tried them, as a 29 comes along and I get on it.

A few years ago it took me some very frantic work to get one of the taxi mafiosi to take me to DMK.  I asked to go to Don Mueang and he was insistent I should got to Suvarnabhumi.   I presume he didn't know DMK had reopened, however it's no excuse -when the customer insists on going to DMK, that's where the customer should go.

Since then, every single journey I take from Silom to either Bangkok airport has been by public transport.

thank you for  a great report.

Reminds me my first impression of Pattaya - I did not like the place,  yet after returning home , digesting  experience I start looking to bright side and returning there ever since.

It seems you are saying Chiang May is great for the sights , not necessarily for the boys.

Reading your report from Adam's Apple I smiled, usually we hear complains about mamasans being too overbearing, now we have opposite  case of mamasan too absent.

As for looks, I would not be so sure if boy is exclusive top or bottom just by looking at him, better to get acquainted  and find out, there are surprises out there.

Waiting impatiently  for next installment

I think after a few weeks you might think another try is worth it to Chiang Mai.  As many residents will tell you the Gay GoGo bars suck especially if you want a Bottom.

Massage places are mediocre but residents will tell you that the Discos such as See Man Club are the place to go.

If you can handle the late nights which I cannot any longer you will find Sexy Boys who will be surprised when you give them a 1000 baht.  No chance of that happening in Pattaya .  That alone would make the trip interesting and probably a number of repeats with boys like you met.

It seems you are saying Chiang May is great for the sights , not necessarily for the boys.

@vinapu you are correct, just basing on what i have experienced first hand, I would say Chiang Mai is not for those really looking for hardcore Gay Sex Tourism. Although I would say if you are a Gay tourist with sex at the bottom of the list then I'd say you'll surely enjoy Chiang Mai. Many cute willing boys to flirt with. The thing with my trip is that the pace is too fast. Clearly I only have the weekend, so i wanted a fast food service with value meals readily available.

Maybe Chiang Mai is more of a Fine dining where everything is a little bit slow, taking the time in the world to get to know the locals and the insider deals. Apparently I don't have the luxury of time during my visit. So yeah I might reconsider and visit CM, but not really soon. 

As for looks, I would not be so sure if boy is exclusive top or bottom just by looking at him, better to get acquainted  and find out, there are surprises out there.

There are shows in between, in Adams club, the bar is really not that big, so the boys have to congregate somewhere while waiting for the show to finish. Some of them due to lack of space maybe will ask to sit beside you but wont bother you. During this time, i did asked around, and my guesses are all correct. I know a straight boy when i see one. most of the boys in the bar where I've been at are clearly straight who are left with only few job options. 

I think after a few weeks you might think another try is worth it to Chiang Mai.  As many residents will tell you the Gay GoGo bars suck especially if you want a Bottom.

Massage places are mediocre but residents will tell you that the Discos such as See Man Club are the place to go.

If you can handle the late nights which I cannot any longer you will find Sexy Boys who will be surprised when you give them a 1000 baht.  No chance of that happening in Pattaya .  That alone would make the trip interesting and probably a number of repeats with boys like you met.

@firecat i wish i have the luxury of a few weeks vacation, but sadly no. Also, yes, I have read somewhere here that the boys in CM are mostly top. As for the massage place, mediocre is i think the correct word to use. 

See man club is so far the best place to hang out.It's the only place that actually delivered something good. Many locals though and few foreigners. No WHITES (sorry for classifying) during my visit, only asian tourists. (SG, Chinese, Koreans)

I'm planning to get another short trip before the end of the year and for this trip I might go BKK and Pattaya.

I'll post my last night in bangkok tomorrow. 

Thank you guys

When I visited Chiang Mai back a few years ago, my impression was similar to yours.  I had a great time on the tourist things, great food, good weather, and many interesting things to do.

But I find it difficult to explain the disconnect I experienced at the bars. It just was not the same experience as in BKK.  It felt very different.  Literally no one came to assist me and I did not find the vibe as outgoing as BKK or Pattaya. Perhaps some others can comment who live there as I suspect that once you adjust to the norm there, it becomes easier to find what you are looking for. But it is different and maybe that is good sometimes.

It just was not the same experience as in BKK.  It felt very different.  Literally no one came to assist me ....

my idea of bar in paradise - I get my beer and I'm left free to contemplate the scene uninterrupted by ' you want a boy? '  and other questions. Try that in soi Twilight bars.

In Bangkok only Jupiter is one still leaving me alone to a great degree.

I'm not saying one approach is better than another though .

For shy newbies probably an intrusive mamasan is better because it helps them to move in right direction.

On my first BKK bar visit ever  if not mamasan telling me ' take this boy,  he is very popular , he knows short time room  nearby " I'd be leaving empty handed but he forced on me an introduction on Bangkok charms for which I'm grateful to this day and hope he married  rich.

But I find it difficult to explain the disconnect I experienced at the bars. It just was not the same experience as in BKK.  It felt very different.  Literally no one came to assist me and I did not find the vibe as outgoing as BKK or Pattaya. Perhaps some others can comment who live there as I suspect that once you adjust to the norm there, it becomes easier to find what you are looking for. But it is different and maybe that is good sometimes.

Exactly what I experienced when I visited Adams Bar. No one came to me to make you feel welcome. I understand what vinapu is trying to say. There is a borderline between being felt welcome and being pushed. This time in Adams Bar there was a total disconnect, a total feeling of you don't exist and so what if you are here kind of thing. A simple hint of customer service is sufficient but this time there's none. 

Being left alone by the mamasans is also my preference.  There should be a waiter to get you a drink and then they should leave the customer alone until called over.  Ideally, you never need to call the mamasan over as your preferred boy will make eye contact and you can beckon him over & discuss things directly.

So it seems like the Chiang Mai gogo bars get that part right.   However, from my sole visit to Chiang Mai a few years ago, I don't remember the gogo bars being very good -too many macho types and not enough twinks.  Seems not much has changed.

At least one of the bars had such poor lighting it was difficult to see the boys on the stage properly.     

However, from my sole visit to Chiang Mai a few years ago, I don't remember the gogo bars being very good -too many macho types and not enough twinks.  

my underline above,

nothing made me more curious about going to CM than your statemnet quoted.

It's good we have so different tastes - all boys are being fed this way

Exactly what I experienced when I visited Adams Bar. No one came to me to make you feel welcome. I understand what vinapu is trying to say. There is a borderline between being felt welcome and being pushed. This time in Adams Bar there was a total disconnect, a total feeling of you don't exist and so what if you are here kind of thing. A simple hint of customer service is sufficient but this time there's none. 

Yes, exactly. It was no welcome, greeting, or acknowledgement.  I did not mean the lack of a pushy host, that was not it as I prefer no mamasan unless I need help.  Perhaps it was because they prefer Thai customers and I was being tolerated but not encouraged. I have never had the same vibe in any Bangkok or Pattaya establishment.  Even if the host is busy or away, the guys smile at you and give you a welcome vibe or try to get your attention.

It extended beyond the lack of greeting.  I felt the guys were somewhat distant, no direct eye contact, no personal connection.  It was more like they were going through motions like meat in a meat case.  No interraction, no smiles that I recall.  Also as I recall, many of them came out in street clothes except one establishment.  That did not help.

It also may have something to do with more of the staff having less English speaking ability. Or perhaps many were Burmese. Many of the Thai outside Bangkok/Pattaya are fearful of being spoken to in English and some can pretend you are not there.

I hope I have described the vibe a bit better.

It's good to have some 'young blood' posting, as many of us think 60 y.o. is still young. I'm assuming the 'rape' was marco

bottoming, but it could have been the Vietnamese tops bottoming.

I've found 'offing' tops sometimes only means he's a top when he's in his bar, around his friends. Sexual roles much

more fluid these days, depending on multiple factors. Versatility is my gold standard and when I hear 'can do everything', I'm on board.

The reason for not posting is actually not because I forgot, but because i was frustrated to start again... what happened is that I already typed several paragraphs then all of the sudden i hit the BACK button, my spontaneous blubbering was all gone. haha. imagine the frustrations....

I suspected something pissed you off. This happened to me on few occasions and now when typing something longer instead doing it right here I do it in Word or something and then paste here. So yes , at least me immagine your frustration.

Great report  , thank you 

Misfortune with boy from Dreamboys turned well since you got two instead of just one.

After similar case  few years ago / Nov 2013 / now when taking boy home  I always ask if he has ID before we even leave massage or the bar.

If you really fond of boy and he looks of age but has no ID on him there are always short time rooms st Suriwong hotel available for world peace discussion.

It's good to have some 'young blood' posting, as many of us think 60 y.o. is still young. I'm assuming the 'rape' was marco

bottoming, but it could have been the Vietnamese tops bottoming.

I've found 'offing' tops sometimes only means he's a top when he's in his bar, around his friends. Sexual roles much

more fluid these days, depending on multiple factors. Versatility is my gold standard and when I hear 'can do everything', I'm on board.

Rape by my definition and experience is when the two boys are all willing to please. they fight over who kisses you torridly in the lips. they fight over your very hard tool. they fight over to get a piece of you. that feeling. i'm not bottom, although i tried it in Chiang Mai, but can only take half, not all the way, cannot go beyond the second sphincter. I like kissing soooo much that anyone who kiss me like wanting to eat me i consider good and intense. haha

@vinapu, it's a lesson learned. will check ID's from now on

but can only take half, not all the way, cannot go beyond the second sphincter.

You're missing the good part ;)

The keyboard issues are a pain on my iPad. Whilst I'm typing the keyboard sometimes disappears and I end up clicking a link and losing my post. It can be a real pain.

You're missing the good part ;)

The keyboard issues are a pain on my iPad. Whilst I'm typing the keyboard sometimes disappears and I end up clicking a link and losing my post. It can be a real pain.

well i know i am missing something good. it felt good actually. was not expecting that I like it. I am just scared that maybe, just maybe, if it's totally in i am scared that i might defecate.