Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I got an e-mail from a friend who owns a restaurant near Sunee. He said the police were out in droves the other night and many boys were taken away. What bars were affected and are some closed for extended periods of time?
-
If you upset the wrong people you can get a bad reaction from your Ill gotten gains. I was looking at Pattaya city news to my shock I saw a face I knew to be rather dubious by the looks of it he wont be seen again in a hurry. German accused of involvement in Prostitution ring in Germany arrested in South Pattaya Boy Bar. On Wednesday Night, we joined a team of Police Officers from the Woman and Child Protection Unit based in Bangkok who conducted an operation in Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya after receiving intelligence that a German man would often reside in the bars and was accused of involvement in a prostitution ring back in Germany according to…
-
Jomtien Plaza Condotel. Stunning 126 sq m condo, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths converted into 1 huge living room and bedroom. Top quality finish and furnishings, high floor, large balcony, great sea views, covered parking. 8,900,000 Baht. Email " Please Use Private Message " for more info or for viewing.
-
I would like to take out a 6-12 month lease on a studio or one-bed apartment in View Talay 2, building A or B from January. I realise most places are busy because of high season so my start date would be very flexible. If anybody knows of anything suitable please private message me
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Thailand's Sitthi wins 80kg bodybuilding gold DOHA - Thailand's Sitthi Charoenrith won the Asian Games 80kg bodybuilding gold medal on Saturday. Bahrain's Mohamed Hasan won silver with South Korea's Lee Do Hee taking bronze. Agence France-Presse The Nation courtesy Douglas Latchford from his new book
-
On my return to Vancouver last week I dropped into the Thai Consulate-General office and received all the documents required to make application for the Thailand 12-month Non Immigrant Type O-A Visa. This is not the only way to receive a Non Imm 12-month visa, but it seems to be the easiest way for my own personal circumstances: once I have it, that's it ... no cross-border nonsense every few months. Once granted the 12-month visa the only bureaucracy which should be encountered would be a visit to an immigration office or police station every 3 months to get the visa stamped. I have heard from a good and reliable friend (actually more than one) that this stampi…
-
- 12 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
This amazing Yensabai, 8th floor one bedroom apartment overlooking pool -so its 2 units about 82sq metres - wanted from 21,000 baht a month - 700 baht a night for one bedroom apartment where the action you could not beat it. available again from this week Open plan kitchen, 2 balconies, roman shower, marble bathroom, 6 foot double bed, fully furnished, leather sofas, 2 TV's, cable TV. - if interested, email Steve. make an offer you will not arf be pleased you did. write any time it is a bargain many lets available http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/about9841.html ]
-
Today I had a piece of great news and I'd like to share it with you all. Some of you who know my boyfriend also know he has been working very hard in his school, trying for a college scholarship. Today, to coincide with His Majesty the King's birthday, his school made the announcement as to which students won the scholarship. Out of 2000 students only twenty were selected and my boyfriend was one of them. He has won a full scholarship to Assumption University in Bangkok. He begins in May. Needless to say he is absolutely ecstatic about it and so am I. I couldn't be happier if I were twenty people rolled into one. Come to think of it, if I don't lose some weigh…
-
- 17 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
I have read reviews people have written about that restaurant many times, but it wasn't until this most recent trip that I finally ate there. It's a hole-in-the-wall, immediately to the right of the Pinnacle Hotel, in Bangkok, as you exit the hotel. For those of you who stay at the Pinnacle, if you like Chinese food, you must give it a try. The food is outstanding and the prices are incredibly inexpensive. I ate there twice. I tried some of their dim sum style dumplings, which were fantastic. 60 baht per order and they give you so many of them that it can easily constitute an entire meal. I also tried their cucumber and egg soup and their sweet and sour pork, b…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Note from GB: I don't claim to be any kind of an economist, but less than four months ago the predictions were that the exchange rate would be about 42 baht to the US dollar by now. Famous last words. BANGKOK, Dec 3 (TNA) Economists predict continued baht strength until the middle of next year and a booming stock market, but warned that a more dramatic braking of the US economy could yet see funds flowing out of the region as fast as they have flowed in. Usara Wilaipich, senior economist at Standard Chartered Bank in Bangkok, said at a seminar on Investment Prospect in the Year of the Pig held by the Stock Exchange of Thailand, that Thai investors need t…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Its is a shame for all those people who have bought into the Twin Towers Complex Jomtien Beach, as it would now seen to be confirmed once and for all, the building work is soon to start the same as The Tallest Residental Tower Plaza O1 in The World, is to start in the New Year as well, all now confirmed. The view from the point of view of View Talay No 7, a new condominium complex that is to be built in front of the Jomtien Complex building, became less rosy when more than 100 local residents and foreigners who live in the latter building organized a mass protest, saying the new block will block their view. Protestors gathered at 2 p.m. on November 29 in front …
-
- 6 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
--Just came back from Dontang beach today and realized there should be an age limit for men who wear thongs for swimwear. Just as old women over 60 shouldn't be parading around topless; men over 60 shouldn't be parading on Dontang beach in their thongs (do they really think they look hot????... Please, let the ones with nice, firm, smooth cheekies wear the thongs--stick to the Speedos, please.
-
- 14 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
I give this warning for anyone travelling on Sukhumvit Road between Thepprasit Road and Chaiyapruek Road in Pattaya. Both North and South bound lanes. (between Lotus and Sea World) The Sukhimvit Road has been widened from 2 to 4 lanes. However the road makers / contractors whatever, seem to have forgotten that good foundations are required to make a road. As soon as there is any amount of rain the road lifts and opens up leaving pot holes all over the place. Its so bad, especially on the South bound side, that motorbikes have to travel in lane 3 to avoid going down a new hole or even an old one, as the council don't seem concerned to right the situation quickl…
-
Of course, I can think of a few manners that some Thais ought to apply when dealing with "farang," but that's a different issue. Here's the article: _____ BANGKOK, Dec 4 (TNA) Thailand's Ministry of Culture will distribute a handbook on Thai manners and 10 'Do's and Don'ts' in Thailand to foreign tourists to enable the visitors to understand and avoid doing things considered taboo in the kingdom, according to Ministrer of Culture Khunying Khaisri Sri-arun. Khunying Khaisri said the handbook is designed to create more understanding among foreign tourists regarding Thai etiquette and actions that may not appropriate among the Thai public. The F…
-
- 3 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Monty's B&B Pattaya has a new owner , Stewart is giving the place maker which will add to the comfort and atmosphere that Monty's has been renown for. New look entrance ,Reception, Bar and Dinning areas will greet the guests on arrival and set the stage for a fantastic Holiday.
-
BANGKOK, Nov 30 (TNA) Thailand's Ministry of Public Health announced on Wednesday that it would invoke the compulsory licensing clause in the Patent Act to allow for lower-cost local production of the life-saving anti-viral drug, Efavirenz, which is needed by thousands of people living with HIV/AIDs. So far, most people with AIDS have been priced out of the market. The move is expected to save thousands of lives in Thailand, and to raise the quality of life for families who have been forced to use up limited family income for medications. The decision, with immediate effect, will pave the way for the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) to mass-pro…
-
BREAKING NEWS: Depression 'Durian' hits Thai south; 5,000 tourists stranded BANGKOK, Dec 6 (TNA) - The Meteorological Department has issued a warning of the depression "Durian," saying it was to make a landfall in the southern provinces of Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat on Wednesday. Following its passage across the Philippines and then Vietnam, Thailand's weather department said the depression, downgraded from its earlier status after losing much of its destructive capacity, still packs 50 kilometre per hour winds in the Gulf of Thailand, and is moving westward at a speed of 20 kilometres an hour. The weather authjorities forecast that the storm would …
-
Finally I have booked all my accomodation Bangcock Pinacle 10thfeb to 15thfeb then bus it down to Pattaya Cafe Royale 15th Febuary to 23rd Feb, back to Bangcock 24th fly home to melbourne 25thfeb. I would like to thank all those people on this site that helped me with my requests, including gaybutton,wowpow and in particular stef(only because I liked his picture alot) Now starts the planning of the itinery Love Michael
-
Can anyone help with transit information for Suvarnabhumi? (This may have been mentioned here before, but can't recall.) I will arrive at BKK on Air France, then connect to Thai Air for Chiang Mai. According to the Thai Air website, passengers connecting onward for Chiang Mai (and some other cities) will not clear Immigration and Customs at BKK, but rather at the destination. I don't know if this is only for passengers ticketed from their original destination on Thai Air, or all airlines. I've heard now that the practice has discontinued and all arriving international passengers must claim luggage, clear Immigration/Customs, and then re-check for the domestic fli…
-
I don't know if this is true. I haven't had an opportunity to try it. However, I was recently told that "farang" who hold a Thai driver's license and/or can produce a residence certificate do not have to pay the "farang" prices at government venues and at many privately owned venues. It never occurred to me to try. Recently my boyfriend and I had gone to a waterfall at which there was an admission charge of 20 baht for Thai citizens and 400 baht for "farang." I had my Thai driver's license with me, but it never even entered my mind to produce it. I wonder if I could have saved 380 baht. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
-
Rob Astbury has asked me to post the following message. I was asked during the Pattaya Gay Festival if my book
-
On another forum there was a discussion about a BBQ restaurant. The place is located on Thepprasit Road. On the right habd side if going from Jomtien. I did not see anything posted on this forum so... My Thai friend and I ate there tonight (Friday) and found the food very good, plentiful, and priced ok. We had so much food we brought half of it home. We had the "Feast" for 2. I think it could have easily feed four!. The bill for the "feast" which included french curly fries, toasted bread, cup of BBQ beans, potato salad, cole slaw, 10 ribs, pulled pork, a whole chicken, sliced pork was 595, we also had 2 starters, a beer and 2 waters was 1050 baht which included the …
-
Many have told stories about being stopped by customs. Here is an article I found most interesting if you travel to USA. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061201/D8LNR7R81.html
-
Dec 2nd: 3rd Annual Gay Forum Free Drink Extravaganza (Extravaganza definition: in music, a composition marked by freedom and diversity of form, often with burlesque elements and satirical or parodic intent.) Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Gentlepeople of Polite and Refined Natures; Fellow Homo-Pattayaphiles who are Effortlessly Gracious and Tactful in Social Manner.... It is my pleasure to invite you to The Third Annual All Gay Forum Meet and Greet to be held between 4 and 7 PM on Saturday, December 2, 2006 at Memories Cafe and Bar in Sunee Plaza The Third Annual Forum Fashion Show and Proctological Examination A Free Drink Meet and Greet The…
-
Thailand's mobile phones goes 10-digit numbers now BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): Now December 1, 2006, Thailand's mobile operators will change all Thai mobile numbers from 9-digits to 10-digits numbers. 9-digit numbers will not work after midnight, the mobile operators AIS and DTAC told thaivisa.com today. If you still have 9-digits numbers in your phone book, you will be unable to call these stored numbers. All you have to do is to edit your own phone book to include the extra "8" digit for Thai mobile phones. If your old number was, for example: 01-5432109 your new number is now 081-5432109. You might want to add an "8" in your phone setting for "SMS Ser…