The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
So I have a question that I'd like input on from the resources here on our forum. If I were to move to LA then what neighborhoods would be good for me to move to initially? I'd like to be as close to Hollywood as possible but I know that's not going to happen likely. I might get a house but perhaps I'll get an apartment but I hate dealing with neighbors which usually drives me over the edge. Anyway I'd like any and all thoughts regarding this matter. It won't happen for a while if it happens at all since I do have 2 years going through this college program first. Let me know also of any resources that you think might be helpful in terms of moving to L.A. Thanks all ver…
-
If there is a God and you had one question to ask him, what would it be?
-
- 19 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The BBC’s website has an interesting comparison between the average wage of workers in 72 countries based on purchasing power parity dollars (some of the world’s poorest are deliberately omitted). PPP is a notional concept best expressed by the Economist’s light-hearted annual “Hamburger Index” which compares the prices of McDonalds hamburgers around the world. The Economist uses it to estimate those currencies are overvalued and those undervalued. The International Labour Organisation chart used by the BBC is more sophisticated and has been adjusted to reflect variations in the cost of living from one country to another. Thus Hong Kong, where the average monthly wage…
-
Can you believe this song is 30 years old? Talking about dating all of us. Martha Wash talks about the song and how it changed her life. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/11/its-raining-men-30th-anniversary_n_1510248.html?ref=gay-voices#s=954516
-
Britney Spears in final talks to be the new "X Factor" judge! This will be appointment television to say the least. I'd love to see the interplay between Simon Cowell and Britney. http://huff.to/wqLzfy
-
I think this was really poor placement of the wrap on this bus (at least where the gas hose is supposed to go).
-
I've randomly watched Saturday Night Live off and on for the last 37 years. But lately the writing has been really bad so I can't stand most of it except their political sketches, sometimes their news segment and usually their musical guests. It's a perfect show to DVR and then speed through most of it the next morning. But I have to say I'm concisely a fan of their digital shorts. Who could forget "Dick in a Box" a few years ago with Justin Timberlake. Well this Saturday night marked an anniversary for their Digital Short. They now have done 100 digital shorts and in good fashion their latest digital short marked that anniversary with a lot of celebrity guests. …
-
Sadly, last nite our 4 favorite Lane ladies moved out, and all left the Lane on high notes. For those followers: Bree moved to Kentucky with her new lawyer husband and won a seat in the political arena. Lynette becasme a CEO of Kathryns food company, got back with Tom and bought a big penthouse on Central Park West in NYC and enjoyed her life with her 6 grand children Gabby became a home-shopping mogul and she and carlos and family moved into a major manse in Beverly Hills and lived happily ever after Susan went off to somewhere to help raise her new grand daughter. Mrs McClusky, sadly passed away from cancer, in a heart wrenching sceen counter-pointed by the birth …
-
Television Review: Johnny Carson Profiled on PBS’s ‘American Masters’ http://t.co/swysw3hE
-
- 1 reply
- 536 views
-
-
-
Even though my own Mother died over 20 years ago, I still like this day because it reminds me of good times I had with my Mother. So below is a little humor for Mother's Day although I agree totally with the sentiment.
-
For anyone interested, the excellent Qatar Airways is running a competition until the end of June. It’s a Photo Competition based on four themes – - Magnificent Cities - Vibrant Cultures - Breathtaking Nature - Exciting Journeys. Anyone can register and upload 2 photos in each category. The crunch then is that you have to persuade your friends and as many others as you can to vote for them. At the end of June, the photos with the top 120 votes are put forward to judges who will select the best ones. All 120 will win prizes, ranging from a pair of business class return tickets anywhere on the Qatar network to miles in the Qatar frequent flyer programme. The…
-
WOW I had truly forgotten how hard mainstream work can be. I just completed my first week at the office of my new employer and mentally and physically I am wiped out. All those years sitting at a poker table made me softer than I could even imagine I was. I see now why some of the newer pros don't eat at the casinos anymore and tend to workout before coming in to play. A trend that has been growing over the past year or so. Anyway, mainstream work sucks but I cannot dwell on it. I made my own bed and must sleep in it .... even though the lure of the WSOP starting at month end has me a bit distracted. But then I look at my bank balance and understand why I won't be there…
-
"The Glee Project (Season 2)" is headed back to Oxygen for a second season, and 14 hopefuls have officially been cast as contestants on the singing competition show. Their prize? A role on "Glee." "Glee" co-creator Ryan Murphy, series casting director Robert Ulrich, choreographer/co-producer Zach Woodlee, and vocal coach Nikki Anders will serve as judges on the series. “I’ve had the immense pleasure of auditioning so many unique and gifted singers, actors and dancers from all over the country” Ulrich said in a statement. “Ultimately, 14 out of thousands were chosen, and I’m so proud of this group of stellar young men and women.” Get to know the second season cast of "T…
-
- 4 replies
- 908 views
-
-
Social media maven Ashton Kutcherhas been tapped to star as Apple creator Steve Jobs in an independent film titled Jobs , his rep confirms to Gossip Cop . The biopic will chronicle “Jobs from wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple, where he became one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of our time,” says Variety . Jobs is slated to go into production in May when Kutcher is off from shooting “Two and a Half Men.” What do you think about this casting?
-
With Mother's Day coming tomorrow, the NY Times posted this article looking at how Moms have changed over the years on TV and how they may be influencing our real young. Take a quick read: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/arts/television/jane-wyatt-on-father-knows-best.html?_r=3&ref=arts
-
I thought this was funny. Some of you from LA may recognize some of the gay men in this funny video. . . http://vimeo.com/41774688
-
Another scandal on the horizon for Ms Travolta. An L.A based masseur is suing the star and accusing him of trying to solicit SEX during a scheduled massage..... Ooooooooooh. BIG Surprise !. Rumors have been swirling for YEARS about JT's escapades, and apparently he's hollywoods Worst kept secret..... Of course he is denying the accusations, but we all kinda know where this is heading......out of court settlement.... Come on JT, it's 2012. come out, come out whereever you are !
-
- 11 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
FDA approved Truvada to be used as a preventive measure for HIV infection. It's not inexpensive so I don't think a lot of people can afford it. Its efficacy is not 100 percent and there are side effects. I guess using condoms is the best choice but people involved in risky behaviors can benefit from it.
-
- 1 reply
- 561 views
-
-
We have reached another new record of 179 on May 7th .. Many more to come..
-
Earlier today, I was watching a vampire movie. In one of the scenes, an ordinary guy is driving along and ends up rear-ending this car. The car is stopped because the occupants and the vampire are out on the highway in a battle. So this ordinary guy comes over and starts complaining about why were they stopped in the middle of the road and everything. THEN the vampire shows him his teeth and the guy (in shock) slowly backs up to his car. He then proceeds to QUICKLY get in the car, close the door and locks it. As I was watching it, I was thinking to myself, "REALLY? I mean yes..it gives you a LITTLE sense of security but what's it giving you..maybe a 1/2 second of false se…
-
Until you know who you are, this question will haunt every wanna-be start-up until it dies a slow and painful death in the desert sands of desperate hydration. Asking US who we want YOU to become is like asking yourself the same question for yourself and for why you are here. You have no answer so you farm it out to the few who might visit and might rescue this nightmare attempt to be a real destination of interest. Either you have it, or you do not. Obviously, the latter is in play here, because since 2006 you have failed to create an alternative destination to the main player in this field. You have failed to create a professsional alternative to any other website ou…
-
President Obama has become the first incumbent US President to say that same-sex couples should be free to marry. http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-18011296
-
Alas, no! The dear lady has not seen the light and become a Democrat. Instead, she is now a Swiss citizen! She is eligible for dual citizenship through her husband, who is of Swiss descent. What chance of her becoming a chocolate doll? How does that allow her to run again for the US Congress, I wonder? http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-18011296
-
For you voice fans out there, the show finale gave us Jermaine Paul, the former backup singer as the winner.... REALLY ?????? Surely NOT my choice, but hey, America made the pick... They also picked Obama....(no hate mail, I'm a Democrat)....
-
- 6 replies
- 943 views
-