Travellerdave

Visiters to hotels. 18 and 19 year olds banned by som hotels

I guess the reason for this policy is a rather obscure law that allows the parents of a minor to file a criminal complaint if they claim that someone is removing their child from their care. I don't mean outright abduction, just influencing a minor to stay away from their home would suffice. That applies to all minors under Thai law, i.e. under the age of 20.

While having sex with someone who is 18+ but not yet 20 isn't against the law as such, if they are younger than 20, there's at least a theoretical risk. It's quite possible that some hotels and condos attempt to protect themselves against such claims; maybe the current climate makes it appear more likely that such a charge would stick.

I guess the reason for this policy is a rather obscure law that allows the parents of a minor to file a criminal complaint if they claim that someone is removing their child from their care. I don't mean outright abduction, just influencing a minor to stay away from their home would suffice. That applies to all minors under Thai law, i.e. under the age of 20.

While having sex with someone who is 18+ but not yet 20 isn't against the law as such, if they are younger than 20, there's at least a theoretical risk. It's quite possible that some hotels and condos attempt to protect themselves against such claims; maybe the current climate makes it appear more likely that such a charge would stick.

law possibly dosn't , but your explanation makes perfect sense

Guest calvinmac23

calvin,

I've stayed at glow trinity a few times and never experienced any problems bringing guests overnight, without even registering them.

I just flashed a smile at the sleepy reception staff. The boys were from the bars.

thanks. this is just precautionary. i might have no boy/s to bring since i dont know how. but let's just wee what happens

i might have no boy/s to bring since i dont know how. but let's just wee what happens

there are 5 ways of how:

1. go to one of go-go bars, see the show,, find the boy you like , pay off fee and bring him in / I'd have  a supper with him on my way from bar to the hotel /

2. find a boy you like in massage shop , have a massage or not , off him, rest is the same

3.if you on Gay Romeo, Grindr etc, arrange for your consolator to come to your hotel

4. there's street trade on Suriwong as well as Silom , have an  eyes wide open and you will find them or they will smile at you

5. DJ Station and bars of Silom 4 may prove fruitful as well 

i might have no boy/s to bring since i dont know how. but let's just wee what happens

that's about the easiest thing imaginable in BKK. Depending on your age and looks you may not even have to pay, but pick up a nice guy in a bar of Silom Soi 4 or Soi 2 (incl. DJ Station) or one of the apps.

Guest calvinmac23

that's about the easiest thing imaginable in BKK. Depending on your age and looks you may not even have to pay, but pick up a nice guy in a bar of Silom Soi 4 or Soi 2 (incl. DJ Station) or one of the apps.

well im asian if that matters in my 30's. wish me luck.. ill try to post some of my activities here. will be going to thailand this weekend...hope the weathers not to wet. thank you for the suggestions guys

well im asian if that matters in my 30's. wish me luck.. ill try to post some of my activities here. will be going to thailand this weekend...hope the weathers not to wet. thank you for the suggestions guys

haha good luck then! Should be fine. Have fun, regardless of what kind of fun you choose :-) Not sure I'll have time to meet

Looking forward to reports. 

Weather should be ok, the rain is supposed to continue through Friday, so weekend shouldn't be too bad

I wish you luck, even more I'm sure you will have fun, you are in for a ball and don't worry about the weather

If you have the money, being Asian doesn't really matter. The boys need your money, and a little kindness. :-)

not every boy available in a money boy, hairy old farang needs the money but handsome 30 y. o. Asian may score free at soi 4 , sanuna or DJ, not go-gos or massages of course.

You right , little kindnes goes long way, boys can use money but also want to have  some fun.

Guest calvinmac23

not every boy available in a money boy, hairy old farang needs the money but handsome 30 y. o. Asian may score free at soi 4 , sanuna or DJ, not go-gos or massages of course.

You right , little kindnes goes long way, boys can use money but also want to have  some fun.

thanks vinapu.. well i did try baantewa yesterday. and installed grindr on my phone. there are other grindr users on my hotel but i dont have the courage to actually use it.

Guest calvinmac23

well it was close to my hotel.  well for baantewa here are some of my observations

pros: the masseur was good looking.he bottomed for me though i was not ask if i want a top or a bottom. i am a top btw.  and it was easy for me to find (thanks to google map)

cons: the massage was lousy. i wouldn't mind if he was just like applying lotion in my body as long as it's an erotic kind of massage, but it was not. the masseur also had foul smelling armpits, bad breath and stinking cock. also maybe he was just not hard, but he had a very small dick.

also went to hero yesterday. when i arrived the male mamasan came to me but i said i need a drink first. it was quite a long walk from the bts. after few minutes he came back to me and i said i want a bottom masseur. told me to just pick anyone so i did. maybe i got lucky because my 1st pick was a bottom. i choose the smaller masseur because i wasn't very tall myself.

pros: the masseur was very good looking. very nice body, very large dick. kisses well. speaks english well, like a real conversation, not just yes or no.enthusiastic and aims to please.no body odor, no bad breath.

cons: though the massage was on the sensual side it ended kinda fast and went straight to "extra"

and vinapu i passed by banana club, they're still there.

Very good report, short and up to the point

the masseur also had foul smelling armpits, bad breath and stinking cock.

That's extremely rare, unwashed boy, I had such a displeasure once but .can't even remember when and where.

for bad breath I always carry small bottle of Listerine with me in my day pack and if  boy is showering with me I offer use to him.

If I sense body odor I'd not be shy to invite boy to take a shower, preferably with me.

As for top/bottom question my experience is that is asked  rarely , they probably expect guest to rise a question if that's relevant although reason for that may be  that I make my pick up  decisions very fast so not much time for mamasan to even ask. 

As for your Hero experience you not only one who thinks boys there are too fast to go to the point, specially if you state your top/bottom preference they think this is what you came for so why bother with massage. Can't entirely blame them for that.

But if you tell them to slow down  advances they will, they keep their standards.

Glad to hear about Banana, I have soft spot for the place along with Arena. 

I wonder when they will be moving to soi 23 as rumored. Not  a bad location either.

Guest calvinmac23

Very good report, short and up to the point

That's extremely rare, unwashed boy, I had such a displeasure once but .can't even remember when and where.

for bad breath I always carry small bottle of Listerine with me in my day pack and if  boy is showering with me I offer use to him.

If I sense body odor I'd not be shy to invite boy to take a shower, preferably with me.

As for top/bottom question my experience is that is asked  rarely , they probably expect guest to rise a question if that's relevant although reason for that may be  that I make my pick up  decisions very fast so not much time for mamasan to even ask. 

As for your Hero experience you not only one who thinks boys there are too fast to go to the point, specially if you state your top/bottom preference they think this is what you came for so why bother with massage. Can't entirely blame them for that.

But if you tell them to slow down  advances they will, they keep their standards.

Glad to hear about Banana, I have soft spot for the place along with Arena. 

I wonder when they will be moving to soi 23 as rumored. Not  a bad location either.

while the masseur from baantewa was massaging, i did not smell anything foul so i didnt bother plus he also showered before the "extra" but anyways still had fun. i do tell them to slow down, well except for the guy from hero. when i went to dr bear and adonis, i told the masseur to slow it down, they would comply. i was gonna go to arena but got intimidated so i was 20 steps away and decided to turn back. i went to adonis instead and the masseur i got was a top. nice body but still had bad breath, like garlicy smell. but not as bad as the one from baantewa. i was gonna offer him some mints but i forgot to bring mine. he just jacked me off. he was doing so fast i thought mines gonna break. so told him do  it slow and he just said if he do it in his own he's normally fast. ill try to go to banana and see why you like it so much vinapu

i was gonna go to arena but got intimidated so i was 20 steps away and decided to turn back.

ill try to go to banana and see why you like it so much vinapu

Intimidated by Arena? This certainly I'd like to know why unless it was your  first place to visit , than I understand, I had the same many years ago in the same building. It was place named HIS, long gone. I tried 3 times with pumping heart and finally made great step inside , never regret to this day.

I personally consider Arena friendliest of all massage places in BKK although their way of selecting can be intimidating with all those boys smiling at you.

I hope you will like Banana as well, I like it for 4 reasons , boys are at distance so not as intimidating , owner/mamasan Kevin  very informative / don't be shy tell him you are looking for  a bottom /and not pushy, boys seem to be well trained in the massage and Tao there is probably best masseur I ever had, Wat Po trained and it shows. 

not every boy available in a money boy, hairy old farang needs the money but handsome 30 y. o. Asian may score free at soi 4 , sanuna or DJ, not go-gos or massages of course

This hairy old farang was standing alone in a packed DJ Station last Saturday night. A very slim, cute guy was dancing alone near me. I admired his dancing, smiled amd he ran over and hugged and kissed me. I was in the mood for fun and he acted like a typical mb looking for a customer and I was happy to pay if required. He still had his two drink tickets and brought me a Heineken which was a bit unusual if he was a mb. That stopped me asking "how much" and we went back to my room, had a nice chat and some great fun.

I had my wallet ready and happy to pay but a little cautious because I have met a few guys who were not money boys over the years at DJ. Before I offered he said "I not mb but can you please pay taxi home" No problem.

Taxi money can be in the range of 50 baht to somewhere nearby, and can exceed 1,000 baht if he travels all the way to Jomtian, Pattaya.

Very true. 100 baht was required. He is a student with Thai mother and farang father living away from Thailand and he travels to visit his father quite often so I got the impression money was not an issue for him. I was just fortunate he likes older guys. At DJ Station it was a rare occurance to find a non mb but it does happen. I am quite happy to go with a mb if I meet someone I like there.

I wanted get an expert opinion on age limits in hotels, so I emailed this question to stickmanweekly, who forwareded it to Sunbelt Legal who replied here http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2015/Meeting-Good-Thai-Girls.htm

Question 1:  I would like to know if there is a law that regulates the minimum age of visitors to hotel rooms.  I am referring to prostitutes I want to bring back to my room; not families who check in with their children.  Hotels have different policies of minimum age 18 or 20 for visitors.  Furthermore, are hotels required by law to keep ID of visitor at reception or is just some hotels' policy?  Separate but related question:  Which law regulates minimum age of customers for bars, discos and gay saunas and minimum age of staff to work there?  I read somewhere that you have to be 20 to enter a bar or disco as a customer, but can work there from age 18.

Sunbelt Legal respondsAny guest visitor age policy would be set by the individual hotel and they can require that any guest below age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian in order to stay.  They can also require that a guest leave their ID at the front desk as the hotel is required to submit their guest list to the government.

As for an entertainment business, in order to obtain and keep their license, all entertainment business operators are forbidden to employ anyone under the age of 20 and are required by law stop anyone under the age of 20 from even entering the premises.

Labour Law stipulates that employers are not permitted to employ anyone under the age of 15 and are able to recruit employees between 15 and 18 only so long as they do not work in hazardous jobs, locations or times that are listed in the law.

There is no law about visitors to hotel guests! I didn't know either.

I forgot definitions: guest is the person who checks into the room (the hotel's customer), whereas visitor is someone who has no business with the hotel. A hostel I stayed at in Bali did not allow visitors to room, only to lobby.

During my recent 3 week trip I stayed in three hotels in Pattaya commencing at the Ambience, which I have sometimes criticised for the noise problem which I didn't have a problem at all with this time. I think it's got a lot to do with the room location. Of the boys I had overnight there two were under twenty, or at least said they were, and had no difficulty getting them past reception. At the Samsuck Guesthouse again there was no problem, although on one occasion there was no one at reception when I walked in with a boy from Dongtan Beach.

I also stayed in the LK Royal Suite hotel just off Soi Buakhow for three nights, which is not known to be gay oriented. They had a very good low season deal and also have a large swimming pool and small gym. There was no problem with bringing back boys. At Bkk I stayed again at the Tantawan.

All in all I was very happy with my hotel stays and never was confronted by the "under 20's" ban, even though I favour twinkly boys in the younger age range 18+.

Guest shamahan

This is from Wikipidia:

The Civil and Commercial Code of the Kingdom of Thailand does not define the term "minor"; however, sections 19 and 20 read as follows:

• Section 19 – A person, on completion of 20 years of age ceases to be a minor and become sui juris
  • Section 20 – A minor becomes sui juris upon marriage, provided that the marriage is made in accordance with the provisions of Section 1448

Hence, a minor in Thailand refers to any person under the age of 20, unless he or she is married. A minor is restricted from doing juristic acts—for example, sign contracts. When a minor wishes to do a juristic act, he has to obtain the consent from his legal representative, usually (but not always) the parents and otherwise the act is voidable. The exceptions are acts by which a minor merely acquires a right or is freed from a duty, acts that are strictly personal, and acts that are suitable to the person's condition in life and are required for their reasonable needs. A minor can make a will at the age of fifteen.

Yes, technically speaking for certain actions (juristic acts)  the age under 20 is minor in Thailand. But entering hotel as a visitor falls in the category  of personal acts and, hence Thai laws do not require hotels to ban visitors under age 20.