captainmick

Christianpfc Website - A Word of Warning - Suspected Phishing Site

On trying to log into www.christianpfc.blogspot.com yesterday, I was diverted to a website purporting to offer free iPhones. It initially looked like it was an Apple site but on further inspection of the url, it was not. It required people to enter personal data.

This morning on trying to access Christian's website, I was diverted to

http://bbc.co.uk-tech-news.com/LP117383_296267/index.html?voluumdata=vid..00000003-7fe6-4f7a-8000-000000000000__vpid..28a4b000-60ef-11e5-882b-1811fdcb0f0c__caid..5d49905a-6b52-48b9-b290-c7edfc39e874__rt..D__lid..0b63ae13-8f5f-4ffb-9afb-ba2a2599feea__oid1..c668459d-f150-427e-9665-2a598308ce70__var1..n%2Fa__var2..virg%5C_%5Cgb__var3..ios__var4..GB__var5..5113c1b4e551f1ea54000b8b__var6..%5Bhour%5D__rd..__aid..__sid..&match=n/a&carrier=virg_gb&platform=ios&country=GB&sourceid=5113c1b4e551f1ea54000b8b&hour=%5Bhour%5D&cpc=0.0543

This initially looks like a BBC website but is NOT. A warning shot up on my screen that the site had been reported as a "Suspected Phishing Site".

For the time being, I suggest readers avoid his website.

Hopefully Christian will comment on what is going on.

For the time being, I suggest readers avoid his website.

Maybe the problem is something on your side.   I just logged in to Christianpfc's blog just fine, and was not diverted to anything.  For me, his site is working perfectly.

Have you tried logging in through a proxy site?  If not, try that.  If you are able to log in that way, without any problems, then the problem is on your side.

Even if the problem was on Christianpfc's side, what could he do about it?

I have had this problem before very occasionally with his website. Normally it is fine but then I had problem again two days running. Yesterday and today were intermittent so sometimes diverts to the other sites but not every time. I don't think problem is at my end as I experience it with no other sites and have had trouble with Christian's site before. I see Hanan has experienced same problem. I think it is some system Christian has subscribed to which probably diverts a certain percentage of visitors and which Christian derives income from. Just a guess but I look forward to hearing an explanation from ChristianPFC.

. I think it is some system Christian has subscribed to which probably diverts a certain percentage of visitors and which Christian derives income from.

You may suspect what you want but saying loudly that somebody gets an income from diverting visitors to fake BBC site and such  is pretty offensive IMNSHO, specially that most of comments above are reporting NOT having any problems.

I'd use private message function first 

most of comments above are reporting NOT having any problems.

The opening post is the only one that reports a problem.  

There was one other post with a warning, but that is not a problem. 

For all we know the warning might have been resulting from reports made by someone with malicious intent.

All the rest of us find no problem at all with the site.    I recommend visiting it.    For those who would like to, here is a link.  

http://christianpfc.blogspot.co.uk/

Incidentally, blogsopot seems to be a google service.   Reputable.  

I think it is some system Christian has subscribed to which probably diverts a certain percentage of visitors and which Christian derives income from. Just a guess but I look forward to hearing an explanation from ChristianPFC.

Do your homework before making accusations. Blogger, where Christian's blog is hosted, is owned by Google and it's rather obvious they would allow no such service to interfere with their traffic (if only to protect their own business).

Lately I have been having trouble with Google searches even though I am using one of their Chromebooks. 

Sometimes I enter a search item and get nothing. Other times I receive one of those hard to read "words" that one must decipher and enter to continue. Then another xyzoy, and another and another, to infinity. So something is not right.

That's the first time I hear of problems when accessing my blog. But as other comments here show it seems to a problem with your computer, not my blog.

On trying to log into www.christianpfc.blogspot.com yesterday...

What do you mean by "log into"? I deliberately allowed anonymous comments (although I recommend everyone sign their comment with a name), so my blog can be accessed and commented on from everywhere (unless blocked by local government - recent comment elsewhere by pong from China?) without log-in.

I think it is some system Christian has subscribed to which probably diverts a certain percentage of visitors and which Christian derives income from. Just a guess but I look forward to hearing an explanation from ChristianPFC.

I put Google AdSense on my blog, but wouldn't go any further as I dislike intruding advertising like on thaivisa or coconuts bangkok.

Was that a yes or no to deriving income?

Google ad sense is I believe a way of deriving income, however I would be astonished if google were sending people to the fake BBC phishing site.  

Therefore not deriving income from the phishing site. 

A phishing site which only one member here has encountered when visiting the blog.   The rest of us don't have the same problem, despite in some cases almost daily visits.

That's the first time I hear of problems when accessing my blog. But as other comments here show it seems to a problem with your computer, not my blog.

I have no problems reading your blog from here in the US.

BTW,  thank you for the report on gay saunas for September.  I didn't realize that there are still... 24!

Of course everyone would like some more entries for best days to visit, number and "quality" of guests, acceptance of farangs, etc.  but this would be asking for too much.