Guest lurkerspeaks

First time visit hotel question

Guest openjack

Guys, also looking for a bit of advice too please.

I will be my first time and next week I'm staying at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok for a week or maybe longer. Will they be okay with me bringing boys back? Will I have to sign them in or can I just go straight up to my room. I'll be staying a suite if that makes any difference.

I continue to believe that in 95% of the cases as long as your reservation is for 2 people in the room they have no choice and all they can ask for is that you register your guest. None of their business whether you just met him or her. In any of those cases a 100 baht bill will usually whisk you on your way without registering your guest.

I have stayed in every Marriott, Hilton, most Sheratons and many others and never once was more then given a glance and kept walking.

Now your guest has to be dressed cleanly or you may get stopped but that is why invariably boy will ask you where you are staying. They will know if the Hotel is a problem.

I have stayed in every Marriott, Hilton, most Sheratons

You should not have any problems if you stay at the high end hotels unless your boy dressed like a hooker. Some middle priced hotels are well documented to charge joiners fee. I will not be comfortable staying such hotels if I was aware in advance.

Pathumwan Princess Hotel is known to charge joiner fee of B1000.

Thx for info. I have noticed during my previous 2 stays with my friend in Pathumwan that they have a guard at every entrance/exit.

I guess if I am travelling alone with no one to share the hotel room cost with me, taking into consideration of the joiner fee & its location (not in Silom area), I think would choose a cheaper hotel in Silom instead. Based on the comments in this forum, I have narrowed my selection to Glitz & Tarntawan. Hopefully, it will all work out.

Think I will book Raya. Tarntawan and Nantra Silom over my budget

depending of what the deal you will get, usually Nantra is much cheaper that other two and it should be, smaller rooms and more spartan.

You will be happy with Raya though, new ,modern, big rooms and right there at the mouth of soi Twilight.

depending of what the deal you will get, usually Nantra is much cheaper that other two and it should be, smaller rooms and more spartan.

You will be happy with Raya though, new ,modern, big rooms and right there at the mouth of soi Twilight.

Hi Vinapu,

Between Tarntawan and Raya, which one is better in term of privacy and comfort?

Thanks

Raya is new and more modern and you may have some view from the window but  Tarntawan is more homey IMHO.

Both comfortable , after all how much time you are spending in the hotel?

Tarntawan will check your boy's ID and will call you when he will be leaving to check if everything is OK, in short they know what's going on.

In Raya access is through the card, reception is on 5th floor so if your room is say on floor 4, 6 or 7 you and your guest may go unnoticed at all - more privacy but less secure?

Tarntawan is around the corner from Tawan, Raya from soi Twilight.

For the same price I'd opt for Raya otherwise I'd go for cheaper option, you will be happy in both.

Why not to book few nights here and few there and see for yourself ? It's short walk or taxi hop between two

And I thought was the laziest walker on the planet - but even I wouldn't even remotely consider taking a taxi for that short distance!!!! ;-)) According to Google maps it is 350m

I wouldn't either but see below

Vinapu is King of the Walkers so I have to think he was making a funny.  Hehe

You are right about me walking plenty but actually I made taxi suggestion in good faith for the following reasons:

- while some of us travel light , others are not and walking even such a short distance with 2 suitcases on crowded Suriowong's sidewalks  is not fun

- I had a case when boy offed from Dreamboys suggested taxi to Tarntawan / the same distance for those not familiar with BKK/, I refused and then when walking I realized that he probably did not want to be seen walking with farang twice his age as he clearly was trying to be well ahead of me

- Asian patron in Tawan once warned me about one of their boys who refused to walk from bar to the Suriwongse hotel / again the same distance / demanding taxi

so clearly for some  using legs to change location from A to B is exotic idea

Others need to chip in to compare all three as I know only LeCafe Royal, all three are in the same soi 10 meters apart.

I like Le  Cafe , cheapest of all three , never stay in another hotel in PTY. Rooms are not very big but comfortable enough with working A/C and safes , never problems with noise seeping into the room, but others complained about noise

I imagine Copa would be the same  as in the past both were the same hotel, later divided.

Ambiance is probably more spacious/luxurious with higher prices, no idea about noise as they are right above BoyzBoyzBoyz, Thailand's best bar at the moment in my opinion.

Both Copa and Ambiance have an advantage of having massage shop right there on premises . Le Cafe has advantage of not having massage shop, depending of how you look at it/ passing massage boys every time you enter or leave hotel may be eye pleasing but also intimidating/.

Now for Pattaya, how about Copa, the Ambiance, or Le Café Royal :-) ?

You would be looking for those elusive members who have tried all 3 in recent years. 

If no one comes forward, well you can compare their Trip Advisor ratings, particularly the ones in the last couple of years. Usual rules apply -ie ignore anyone who has only ever made 1 review that is all 5 stars or all 1 star.  Or people who claim to be a Dr Smith from London, yet are clearly not native English speakers.

There are sometimes parties going on in that street until the early hours of the morning. 

I saw the interior of one room at Cafe Royal and was not impressed at all. A friend recently stayed at Ambiance and was satisfied; he was upgraded to a better room upon requesting it.

Does anyone know how to differ between Superior and deluxe room at the Ambiance hotel ?