abidismaili

Who has Singapore experiences?

In October this year I will go with a good friend (a Thai national) to Singapore. Committing gay sex acts is illegal there. But I understand from the Internet that that law is not really enforced. Can someone confirm this please?

I assume it is no problem for a gay Westerner in this 40s to share the same hotel room with a 24 year old Thai national? Hotel will allow that? Despite the law and despite the age difference? 

Singapore is very conservative and has tough law enforcement. I obviously don't want to get into problems. So what are your experiences in real life when it comes to being gay in Singapore and with taking a guy to your hotel room?

The boy I had a massage with last night told me he just got back from a month in Singapore . a friend told him there was money to be had. He planned on a week and business was so good, he stayed a month. He worked strictly off Hornet. He said he is going back mid-March for another month.

On my sole trip to Singapore about 8 years ago, I strolled into an upstairs gay bar & this cute lad was sitting on his own and beckoned me over. 

He was visiting from Vietnam for the month and wanted something like £75.  As it was my first night and I hadn't seen any other similarly attractive options, he got what he asked for. 

I've no idea what the going rate is, but obviously in a "developed" country, they have every right to be looking for developed country rates.

I suddenly get the following question. When I arrive in October at the airport I will go for a tourist visum and go pick up my friend who will be waiting for me in the airport. Then we go together to check in counter for the flight to Singapore. But then I again need to pass customs of course. They will give me an exit stamp in the passport (while I have only been inside for 2 hours or so). A few days later I will arrive back from Singapore. Do I then need again to go to customs for a visum stamp? I think so, because the other visum has been invalidated. But that other visum has then only been active forabout  2 hours. Is there a way around this? 

A tourist visum gives me the right to stay for a few weeks, so leaving the country and re-entry again a few days later shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. I had a couple of massages at one of the gay massage places. The guys working there didn't have any issues with providing a happy ending to me. There are a handful of saunas. Lots of guys on the social apps.

I think Singapore's reputation is much more conservative than reality on the ground. And so many smokin' hot guys.

no issues whatsoever, don't you worry. Went there with a Thai friend 2 months ago, sharing hotel room as well, similar age difference. As fedssocr pointed out, reality on the ground is not like the reputation. In fact, if you didn't know about that law or reputation you would have no way of noticing it exists, as there are gay bars and even saunas just like everywhere else. Also, plenty of guys (normal non-MB guys, probably MBs as well) active on the apps. 

As for the visa: why get a tourist visa for your 2 h entry at all? Is it required for your nationality, i.e. can you not enter Thailand without any visa for 15 or 30 days like many western countries, ASEAN, etc.? 

If you really require a visa, then what you might be able to do is get a "re-entry permit" which you can get at a counter just before the passport control as you exit the country. If you don't know about this counter and don't care coz you don't need it it is easily overlooked, but if you do need it and look for it you can't miss it. As the name suggests, that re-entry permit allows you to re-enter under the same visa, even though it is single entry only and has already been used. I don't know if it is available for a tourist visa on arrival, though, but worth asking. I think the cost is about 2000, but not sure either, so maybe do some googling... 

As for the visa: why get a tourist visa for your 2 h entry at all? Is it required for your nationality, i.e. can you not enter Thailand without any visa for 15 or 30 days like many western countries, ASEAN, etc.? 

I mean with visum the stamp you get in your passport and which gives you the right to a 60 (?) day tourist stay. I am Dutch. I do not need to apply beforehand for a visum. But I need that stamp of course. And with the stamp comes a departure paper which you need to give to customs when you depart. So it is a bit awkward that I get the stamp and two hours later already get a departure stamp. So my tourist 'visum' has lasted then for about 2 hours  :-)

I see. No not really awkward, as that must happen all the time for people who fly in and right out on different carriers and thus have to collect their luggage first for a new check in at the other airline, i.e. can't stay in the transit area, but have to enter & exit the country. Nothing awkward about that.

I don't think there would be a different entry stamp for that situation, why would there be? You might change your mind or miss your other flight and thus stay longer than the intended 2 hours. What's the problem getting a 30 day stamp and then another one a few days later? Nobody cares. Only MINIMAL hassle is having to fill out the entry for twice, but that's really nothing.... 

There are openly operating gay saunas, however they work on a membership basis, I had to apply for membership first before I could enter (took only a few minutes but costs membership fee in addition to entry fee). That place had promising looking boys, but music and flashing lights were horrible, I won't be back (details on my blog), the most expensive and least enjoyable sauna experience.

That 2 h will cost about 30 Euro (or whatever the Thai embassy in your home country charges per entry for a tourist visa), or extension 1900 Baht (?), all quite expensive.

I don't know if it's possible to request a visa exempt entry (free) when you hold a valid visa. Would save you 30 Euro / 1900 Baht or in that range.

Guest Prakanong

I mean with visum the stamp you get in your passport and which gives you the right to a 60 (?) day tourist stay. I am Dutch. I do not need to apply beforehand for a visum. But I need that stamp of course. And with the stamp comes a departure paper which you need to give to customs when you depart. So it is a bit awkward that I get the stamp and two hours later already get a departure stamp. So my tourist 'visum' has lasted then for about 2 hours  :-)

If you're talking about the 60-day, single entry tourist visa which you apply from your home country so that you can have an extended stay in Thailand, then yes, you lose that visa the moment you exit the country regardless of how long you've stayed here.  That visa which gives you 30 days on arrival and a 30-day extension at local immigration is being phased out I understand.  The whole tourist visa system is being revamped.

The 30-day visa exempt stamp that you get on arrival also terminates as you exit the country.  No problem for having stayed only two hours!  With the right passport, you can come back anytime and get another 30-day visa exempt.

Guest jimnbkk

I visited Singapore a couple years ago with my Thai friend.  I'm older, and he's mid 30's but looks younger.  I got through the visa on arrival no problem, and then I waited, and waited for him to get through.  Finally, a Singapore police person came to me and said the boy was having a problem getting through the Immigration because, as I remember, they were afraid he was coming to Singapore to "work".  It took about 20 minutes to convince them he was a legit tourist and not a money boy arriving for work.  But, we got through.  There was no problem at the hotel, and the airport kerfluffle was the only bad spot on an otherwise enjoyable visit. 

He already said he is dutch and has no visa requirement, i.e. no cost involved at all for the 2h stay. Seems you overlooked that post.

Upon re-reading the posts, the op abidismaili is not clear on tourist visa (which will cost him in the range of 30 Euro per entry, even if it's just 2 hours) or visa exempt entry (free). Furthermore, he speaks of customs when he means immigration.

abidismaili, you should specify the length(s) of time you want to stay in Thailand so others can advise which visa (or visa exempt) suits you best.

In October this year I will go with a good friend (a Thai national) to Singapore. Committing gay sex acts is illegal there. But I understand from the Internet that that law is not really enforced. Can someone confirm this please?

I assume it is no problem for a gay Westerner in this 40s to share the same hotel room with a 24 year old Thai national? Hotel will allow that? Despite the law and despite the age difference? 

Singapore is very conservative and has tough law enforcement. I obviously don't want to get into problems. So what are your experiences in real life when it comes to being gay in Singapore and with taking a guy to your hotel room?

The law against gay sex, section 377A, is not enforced and it should be on its way out.

Singapore has some interesting gay saunas, where you can go free of concerns of any kind (except getting STDs of course).

- Cruise Club is where the youngest and fittest congregate, and many are correspondingly picky and snobby.

- Keybox sauna (ex one-seven) is more friendly, but the public is less attractive.

- Ten Men sauna (ex Absolute) is an ideal very friendly place for those a little chubby who don't like to be rejected.

That I know of, you should not have problems sharing an hotel room with others, or bringing in visitors. Singapore lodging is quite expensive, and one should not have to tolerate any issues with that.

For good information about the Singapore gay scene visit and get free membership in www.blowingwind.org

Guest abang1961

I'm so sorry to be "missing" from the forum as I was hospitalised for the past few weeks.

I'm currently discharged and resting at home .. the amount of medication can kill me!

For those who wish to know more about Singapore, write me a message.

I have to apologose if my officers at the airport acted too "cautiously".

The way to circumvent any future embarrassment is to provide proof of financial ability before

the immigration.

I saw this when I flew home from Bangkok last Nov when a man (a vice-ring operator) issued "envelopes"

to a bunch of "young and beautiful" girls just 15 minutes before landing. Some of the girls showed

their stash of cash in the envelopes as they cleared the immigration. That may be the TRICK!

I saw this when I flew home from Bangkok last Nov when a man (a vice-ring operator) issued "envelopes"

to a bunch of "young and beautiful" girls just 15 minutes before landing. Some of the girls showed

their stash of cash in the envelopes as they cleared the immigration. That may be the TRICK!

OK, so successful or sponsored prostitutes with loads of cash can get in easily.  

On the other hand, any youngster without loads of cash will be presumed to be a prostitute & questioned ?   Even if he or she is visiting for other purposes.