Guest abang1961

Turning 55 today

I'll actually miss you in BKK. Only coming in on 1 may to pick up my Thai boyfriend and travel to Bali via SIN. We'll be in SIN 3 may afternoon to 5 may midday.

One more piece of advice.

I went to Bali in June for 8 days, overnight in August my Thai bank account was emptied of approx 70,000 baht in multi cash withdrawals of approx 5,300 Thai baht.

I always thought I was prudent using my bank cards and followed advice about shielding your card, looking if the ATM looks dodgy etc.

My Thai bank wouldn't confirm for sure my card had been cloned in Bali but did say it was a very common problem on Bali.

Fortunately my bank eventually refunded me but take great care with your cards.

A useful reminder, thanks. I've always found Bali currency problematical - I hate the huge piles of grubby notes- but avoid using cards . We use the services of a gay travel company-Bali Friendly- and on our last visit two years ago our driver was able to find me a trustworthy place to change up my money. On previous visits- admittedly a decade plus ago- I was vulnerable to local money-changers in Seminyak.

Guest abang1961

It's been a month since I turned 55.

I met several forummers there and had a wonderful time with them.

It is so hot here in Singapore and what's best to do than to have some suntanning time..

(The following photo was taken on Fri 20th May 2016 and may not be suitable for some)..

post-13467-0-88073200-1463787135_thumb.jpg

Guest FossilGay

I met several forummers there and had a wonderful time with them.

The seniors at Tawan and BBB better watch out!  They've got some serious competition from aunty1961.

Happy Belated Birthday, Aunty1961!  I think this is the first time I've seen anyone announcing their birthday on a gay Thailand forum and true to form, seeing you basking in your birthday wishes.  I don't envy you - it must be a bitter-sweet time leaving the realm of middle age and entering the golden realm of old age.  But, to echo what others have said, you don't look a day over 55 so that's something to rejoice!

Did you get your figures about aging from some fossil?

It must be many centuries ago that an age of 55 was the beginning of a "golden realm of old age".

You find that  Abang's bubble butt in his avatar is that of someone beginning old age?

It depends on the person, but today 55 may be barely a beginning of middle age.  Old age could start at 75,  although many men are not old yet at 75. 

Guest FossilGay

You find that  Abang's bubble butt in his avatar is that of someone beginning old age?

I don't know; I've tried my best to avoid looking at it.

Guest abang1961

This old Asian uncle is in Krabi now.

I just like the old world charm in Krabi Town...especially the cute traffic lights. ..

I will be at Ao Nang for the next 3 days..

Perhaps I can find something interesting to report...

I will be in Bangkok for the weekend before heading for chiangmai for 5 days.

Anyone to meet (not meat)...

Guest abang1961

Christian PFC thanks for asking.

That pic was taken at the viewpoint behind Doi Suthep.

It was a clear day and the view of Chiangmai was spectacular.

I learn some tricks on this trip regarding taking better selfie with a camera phone.

I had a small tripod stand and a bluetooth toggle (clicker)  to take the pics.

I had place the tripod on the floor and tilted the camera at an angle to give myself a longer silhouette in the 2nd pic. 

I had positioned myself at an angle to the camera to add depth to the pic.

Moreover  I bought a fish lens so as to widen the scope of the pic.

The total cost is less than USD 10 and all are available in night markets in Thailand.

Always wear a shirt that is of the same colour as the background but a shade brighter.

You would have noticed I wore the same pants - grey cotton shorts to bring out the vibrancy of light blue and orange in the pics.

OK never wear black or blue unless you want to attempt to look slimmer.

Green and yellow looks horrible in pics.

Last but not least, the emotions of the face...

Do not show teeth nor look like you have had a bad day.

Use appropriate props to add a new dimensions to the pics - the bouquet of lotus flowers were bought at the foot of Doi Suthep. 

Remember the background is more important than the people in it.  

Guest abang1961

Well it has been some many moons after I turned 55.

In fact, just 7 months ago...

Since things have changed a fair bit..the KING had passed away and hopefully the Queen is recovering well..

America's voters decided to have that billionaire to be their Head of State... who just accidentally issued a statement that he wants to revoke the TPP..looks like the world's order is facing some slight adjustment...

Anyway this old uncle who is arriving in Bangkok in less than 7 days from now had managed to find some quality time at the beach recently.  What better way to say "A picture paints a thousand words" and in this case, if you are not into staring at old man's posterior view, be warned in advance.

The 2nd picture was taken some hours ago in a shopping mall here.. just a selfie with some in-store Christmas decorations.

post-13467-0-53211400-1479832508_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-27297500-1479832547_thumb.jpg

Hello Abang.

I just found your pictures on last two pages - today. They are very nice pictures, - suntanning is the best and this thongs, I remember them when You had them in Bangkok at the pool. I have the same at home and I like them but I may use them only in Asia.

I miss Thailand and looks to ma like I will  be back there in 2018, for 1/2 year to travel in Asia. I'm home - very far away and in the cold. Take care - Mario.

Guest abang1961

Ha Ha Ha.. Vessey thanks for the moral-boosting remarks.

Want to feel young again?  Just be a skirt-chaser like those older straight men

Just that in our case, go for FRESHER meat... 

Sadly my preference is Caucasians and they don't look at old hag like me.

Most prefer the twinks in their late teens and early 20s.  

The window of opportunity (for me) is getting smaller by the day.