Guest rappa999

fears?

Guest rappa999

with their hand only perhaps

either or but not both, you have sex with somebody chances are you have a sex will all others he has sex with before.

I took the advice of the forum and read (reluctantly) medical sites on the subject, I say reluctantly as i thought

the "scaremonger" side of things would scare me and be off putting when I want to have fun.

two promiscuous guys HIV free, can have safe sex, condom free in a monogamous relationship without fear of

contracting hiv as they cannot create the disease, I found that encouraging to read

so vinapu, they can use their hands and their mouth and ass too and do what they like, they won't be catching HIV

as long as they are monogamous.

Monogamy is a rare thing in the promiscuous 'butterfly' world of Pattaya.

That is so true and never for one moment should a sex tourist forget it. I have being visiting the "worlds biggest brothel" for 15 years and know how easy it is to be seduced by its temptations. During my first few visits I paid lip service to the need for safe sex but in reality I diced with danger having unprotected oral and anal (top and bottom) sex with boys from the bars and gogo's in BT and Sunnee. in recent years I have been sensible but there is always that moment of temptation when anal sex is about to commence to leave the condom on the bedside table.

I find it easier to cum when I lube my dick before putting on the condom but this makes it easier for it to come off. After sucking I always use mouthwash but I'm not sure how much good that does. Also avoiding brushing my teeth for a few hours afterwards seems sensible.

two promiscuous guys HIV free, can have safe sex, condom free in a monogamous relationship 

English is not my first , in fact not even second language so I need to ask : can one be  both promiscuous and monogamous ? serious question, not trying to stir arguments here

After sucking I always use mouthwash but I'm not sure how much good that does. Also avoiding brushing my teeth for a few hours afterwards seems sensible.

I don't think it will do any harm and may help a bit against milder forms of contamination.

As for brushing  , I'd say avoid few hours before sucking since brush may cause microcuts  and gum bleeding.

Guest rappa999

English is not my first , in fact not even second language so I need to ask : can one be  both promiscuous and monogamous ? serious question, not trying to stir arguments here

of course not, they would have ended their promiscuity to enter into a monogamous relationship in the example I gave, it's ok if English is not even your second language then easy for you to misread.

two promiscuous guys HIV free, can have safe sex, condom free in a monogamous relationship without fear of

contracting hiv as they cannot create the disease, I found that encouraging to read

Where will you find two promiscuous guys who will abstain for sex at least for a month to make their negative HIV tests accurate, and thereafter engage in a purely monogamous relationship?

Guest rappa999

Where will you find two promiscuous guys who will abstain for sex at least for a month to make their negative HIV tests accurate, and thereafter engage in a purely monogamous relationship?

I was being hypothetical but surely if a farang meets a moneyboy who maybe getting older and tired of his job? the lonely farang  falls for him, the moneyboy likes him and wants out of his job, if these 2 are disease free after the stipulated time period then they can have unprotected sex, I got this from reading medical sites online on the subject

not saying it will end happy ever after? but talking from a safe sex point of view

or do the guys on here on LTR with thai boyfriend still always use condoms? be surprised if they did

Guest rappa999

Wouldnt you be better going on PrEP medication a few weeks befote your trip ???

Do they have Prep medication in Thailand ?

only been with 4 moneyboys ever but one on gayromeo had "needs discussion" on his profile in regards to safe sex,

I ask him about this when we met, he said if the customer wants he will take "prep" so must be available or a generic

of it.

I'm a newbie so not advocating anything and just trying to educate myself.

he said if the customer wants he will take "prep",........

Which of course if taken like that in a stop start once in a while pattern will result in it haven't absolutely no effect whatsoever, I'm not sure who I feel sorrier for the boy taking it to suit his customer, or the customer for being told "I'm taking prep"  - mind you both are or at least should be 100% responsible for their own actions and decisions and ultimately their sexual health I guess it perhaps balances out that they're both equally crazy and or deluded or both. 

PrEP is available in Thailand.  The Thai Red Cross has a good anonymous testing and counseling facility where all are welcome, right near Ratchadmari/Lumpini Park.   http://en.trcarc.org/?page_id=632

I think 3 months is the period for re-testing.

I was being hypothetical but surely if a farang meets a moneyboy who maybe getting older and tired of his job? the lonely farang  falls for him, the moneyboy likes him and wants out of his job, if these 2 are disease free after the stipulated time period then they can have unprotected sex, I got this from reading medical sites online on the subject

not saying it will end happy ever after? but talking from a safe sex point of view

or do the guys on here on LTR with thai boyfriend still always use condoms? be surprised if they did

Yes it's most certainly theoretically possible.  Something to keep in mind is that if the individuals do not live together full time  -- for example, if the farang heads back to his home country alone for part(s) of the year --  it is perilous indeed to assume that the former MB (or for that matter the farang) will be abstinent.  Even the best intentioned MB (now former MB) might get a call from mom at home needing money so he may find he feels he has to turn some tricks to earn some extra money.  Or of course he may just go out get drunk and get laid.  He won't mention this because of the fear losing his farang boyfriend.  Or the farang might cheat.  All suggest great caution.

PrEP is available in Thailand.  The Thai Red Cross has a good anonymous testing and counseling facility where all are welcome, right near Ratchadmari/Lumpini Park.   http://en.trcarc.org/?page_id=632

Yes they do have PrEP, also available from the friendly www.sathornclinic.com. BUT - this shouldn't just be bought and taken like aspirin without supervision by a doctor, as it can have some serious side effects

Some time back, I volunteered at the local health department's HIV test clinic.  I would provide counseling and also give the results of the tests.  My experience agrees with Vinapu

on Uninhabited Island perhaps

Every now and then partners came in who were "monogamous" and every now and then one of the other tested positive while the other didn't.  As confidentiality was required, we insisted partners receive their results together.  

Guest abang1961

Buzzword: YOLO.

Meaning: You only live once.

Don't be so bloody naive to think that monogamy exist in most gay relationship. I don't expect that from anyone I had dated.

As I don't own him, he should have the decency to protect himself. So what happens if he is HIV infected?

Well for starters, HIV is no more than a chronic illness and with appropriate medication, a carrier can easily last for another 30 years after diagnosis.  The carrier is allowed to have sex with others, provided a condom is used religiously.  About oralling with a condom, I find it off-putting to suck on rubber.  I just can't enjoy myself much even if the condom is flavoured!  

Edited by abang1961

Hiv is not merely a chronic illness, at least in Thailand. There are problems with medication for those who are reliant on the basic  "free" service; it keeps victims alive but the quality of life is severely restricted.it can stabilise rather than raise CD4 levels. Even those who can afford more expensive medication (and the best is very expensive indeed) sometimes need to change or augment it.

And this is before considering the social exclusion that victims suffer, particularly in rural areas. Many guys continue to keep their condition secret and their only counselling comes from social media.

And it is important to avoid suggesting that it is "merely" a chronic condition, such as diabetes, because doing so encourages unsafe sex.

And further to a previous post, this subject has often been discussed before but I'll say yet again that I would never indulge in unprotected oral sex because of the risk of Hiv infection, however slight.

AYOR, as Spartacus used to say.

Just some further thoughts on why we should not consider HIV "just" a chronic disease for the local guys:

-- Although Thailand provides some HIV meds for "free," I believe you will find that it is tied to the hospital where the guy is officially resident, which may not be Bangkok, where he likely works.  Because his family may not know what he does, and/or he may not want to explain HIV status for his visits home to hospital, he may be reluctant to get adequate medical care.

-- At least as of last year, the meds were provided free only when white blood cell count was at or below a certain level, not viral load.  So keep in mind that the guy may have a very high viral load but, in his mind, thinks he has been told he doesn't "need" medicine - and imagine if that influences his behavior.

-- Remember that many of the guys are from countries other than Thailand - and by definition poorer countries - such as Laos, Cambodia, etc.  All the same issues but probably less availability of health care services.

All of which is just to say that we owe it to ourselves to practice safe sex and even if you're willing to take the risk for yourself, that is just flat out wrong and we owe it to the young guys who are our sexual partners always to practice safe sex and show them it is 100% ok to expect safe sex from customers.