abidismaili

Why do gay Arabs risk their life in Pattaya?

"If I wanted an answer to that question, you know what I would do?  I would ask a gay Arab". Gaybutton

I think maybe you've been reading too many bkkguy posts.  Apparently you're looking for a contradiction since you emphasized that I also said I would never ask.  In the statement above, did you disregard the part where I wrote, "If I wanted an answer"?  Yes, I would ask a gay Arab if I wanted an answer. 

For a very simple reason I don't want an answer.  The reason is because I couldn't care less.  Sorry, no contradiction.

I find it very difficult to believe that Michael did not err in his post about living in Saudi Arabia. Since 2014 he has been a regular contributor here talking about his exploits on visits to Thailand. Was the post perhaps by someone else?

I agree with Londoner. Saudi Arabia is an extremist Islamic country and not typical. Why anyone would chose to live there without doing a great deal of research beats me. All of what is in that post must have been available from various sources. As for Islam and gays I have read that there is no specific mention of gay relationships or gay sex in the Quran. There is however one verse about martyrs being attended to by boys in Paradise as well as virgins. Seems the antigay orders came later from scholars interpreting what they reckoned to be in the Quran. Bit like Christian so called scholars deciding what went into the Bible 300 years after Christ died.

As for evidence required by sharia law in some countries four witnesses have to confirm they saw two guys having sex. Not sure what punishment is handed out f two guys are seen kissing but it has to be unlikly any guys in Saudi would have sex with four other men standing around. 

I think maybe you've been reading too many bkkguy posts.  Apparently you're looking for a contradiction since you emphasized that I also said I would never ask.  In the statement above, did you disregard the part where I wrote, "If I wanted an answer"?  Yes, I would ask a gay Arab if I wanted an answer. 

For a very simple reason I don't want an answer.  The reason is because I couldn't care less.  Sorry, no contradiction.

Dag nab it, I have been hanging on every word you write as if it were Gospel. All those if clauses  are just so perplexing to me. Were you a lawyer at one time ?

I find it very difficult to believe that Michael did not err in his post about living in Saudi Arabia. Since 2014 he has been a regular contributor here talking about his exploits on visits to Thailand. Was the post perhaps by someone else?

Air travel, it's a wonderful thing, you should try it some time. Hint: You can work in one country and visit several others, all in the same year...

After reading the articles shared by Michael, I am just thankful that the country that I resides in is not as radical as Saudi Arabia. I am also thankful that I am not born with a religion assigned to me by birth. Though I find those Arbas, Israeli & Lebanon guys are hot, I will remind myself not venture into those countries looking for fun.

The link posted by Michael is well worth reading. 

As for the young Arabs, there are too many of them and I'm not going to worry about their safety.        I am concerned about the effect they may have on civilisation.   You know, the kind of nice civilised people who want to have nothing to do with them. 

Thanks Z.  I appreciate the kind words.

Great article worth repeated reading . I'm not surprised you had such an experience , I heard it before at least twice including one from an American as well.

Now imagine how lesser foreign employees are treated there.

I don't want to derail this thread but can't stop this reflection. All you described is well known. Why we never hear cries of American human rights defenders about situation there. Where are American feminists standing for rights of their Saudi sisters? Imagine  American employee   had his departure visa held for weeks in say, Russia. We will hear scream of US media from here all the way to Vladivostok. Too bad it was you who paid price for all that double standard and hypocrisy.

It is odd. I don't understand the US protection of Saudi Arabia.  It is disgraceful IMHO.

Very interesting read. I did know much what you write about, but I didn't know they treat Westerners also like that. I knew cleaning ladies from Philippines are treated horribly in Saudi Arabia. But even Americans are. That was an eye opener.

You said you were able to visit Mecca. But I thought non-Muslims can't visit that place. You pretended to be Muslim?

You also said police can't act when someone is Saudi, so they didn't interrupt that gang fight. But can you then see from the outside wether someone is Saudi?

Also are all Saudi nationals rich? Or you have many poor and middle class Saudis? I get the idea from your post all real work is done by foreigners. So all Saudis get a descent income from the government?

Why did you risk gay sex in that country? How did you and that Venezualian got to know about each other you were both gay? One must have been the first to tell. He took a big risk. What if the other guy wasn't gay and decided to tell at work you told him you were gay? Why you take such irresponsible risks? Others who do are put in jail. Why taking that risk? Would you have complained if you were caught and beheaded? Or would you have thought: "I did a very risky thing, it is only fair I get beheaded now. It is fair towards all those people who are smart enough not to take that risks in that country. Why should I get to enjoy gay sex there while many others who also would love to have it are justifiably afraid to take the risk so don't, or when they took it are dead now. Isn't it unfair towards them I could enjoy it and didn't face consequences? Why should I get away with it. I deserve what is happening to me. I was immensely stupid. I knew the risk, yet I took it. So I must not complain I am being beheaded now".

Would these thoughts have crossed your mind during your execution?

Too many questions to answer every one. 

I went to Mecca with friends who were well connected.  We drove right in.

Would I have thought I deserved to be beheaded if I was caught? No. Would I have been?  No, I doubt it. But, anything is possible there. However, I was careful. Or, so I thought. But, the boy I was with was obviously gay.  He was one stunning piece of ass and I loved fucking him every time and it would have been worth a few lashed to have sex with him.  But, if it had come to the real pain, I might be crying after the first lash.

I don't think anyone deserves to be punished for being gay. Or, acting on it. My family said when I went they would petition the US should anything happen.  In fact, when I left the country for Saudi, they had signs that said, "Save Unkie"  They knew I could not keep my dick in my pants. There were other guys as well, but the one I was caught with was worth it.

Saudi Arabia is atypical of Islamic countries in that its theology is Salafist...that is, fundamentalist. The Saudis are no more typical of their religion than the US evangelicals who shout "God hates fags" are of Christianity, and the nationalist Haredim in the Palestinian colonies are of Judaism.

There is a difference in shouting something and acting on it.  Saudi and other Islamic countries act on it.

LOL  I don't care if you believe it or not.  I've always had doubters on this site and thus why I did not post the original post here. But, that being said, feel free to believe me or not. 

Air travel, it's a wonderful thing, you should try it some time. Hint: You can work in one country and visit several others, all in the same year...

Alexx, you mean that those things in the sky actually allow you to go more than one place in a year? Damn.  I learn something new everyday.  Thank you for enlightening us. ;)

Now, now, I did use the qualifier, as if it were Gospel

You're the one who tried to make my statements appear as contradictions.  I'll say again, if I wanted to know why gay Arabs "risk their life in Pattaya," I would ask a gay Arab.

If you hang on to anything as if it were Gospel, wouldn't you first have to believe the Gospel is worth hanging onto in the first place? 

My family said when I went they would petition the US should anything happen.  In fact, when I left the country for Saudi, they had signs that said, "Save Unkie"  They knew I could not keep my dick in my pants. There were other guys as well, but the one I was caught with was worth it.

But earlier you told us you kept it a secret for your family you went to Saudi Arabia. How could they then have told you they would petition the embassy in case something happened?

You're the one who tried to make my statements appear as contradictions.  I'll say again, if I wanted to know why gay Arabs "risk their life in Pattaya," I would ask a gay Arab.

If you hang on to anything as if it were Gospel, wouldn't you first have to believe the Gospel is worth hanging onto in the first place? 

Yes, you did post this:  "I wouldn't walk up to anyone, Arab or anyone, and ask, "Pardon me, are you a fag?"  But it's a different story if it's perfectly obvious."

Just how do you know that an Arab is obviously gay?  A limp wrist, a little lipstick, some eye makeup,  or some other homo stereotype ? All of the ones I have seen are as macho as macho can be.But then I don't have your insight or acumen. 

Why do you continue to post responses cloaked with an "if"?  Kind of a weasel word if nothing else.

Always easy to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Saudi Arabia is atypical of Islamic countries in that its theology is Salafist...that is, fundamentalist. The Saudis are no more typical of their religion than the US evangelicals who shout "God hates fags" are of Christianity, and the nationalist Haredim in the Palestinian colonies are of Judaism.

this would be truth if Saudi Arabia were country of size of say, Qatar or Bahrain.

Sheer size of country and population as well as fact that is seat of Islam's holy sites makes it both atypical and at the same breath gold standard for many coreligionists .

Guest cdnmatt

It is odd. I don't understand the US protection of Saudi Arabia.  It is disgraceful IMHO.

Read a book called "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", and it'll help give you an idea of how the US / Saudi relationship started back in the 60s / 70s.

As for evidence required by sharia law in some countries four witnesses have to confirm they saw two guys having sex. Not sure what punishment is handed out f two guys are seen kissing but it has to be unlikely any guys in Saudi would have sex with four other men standing around. 

do you really believe that those ladies who are stoned to death for adultery in those countries had sex with stranger in the presence of 4 required witnesses? Really?

And yet  from time to time we hear and read about such a deaths.

As my late grandmother of blessed memory said ' if you want to kick somebody , you always find a foot"

. Though I find those Arabs, Israeli & Lebanon guys are hot, I will remind myself not venture into those countries looking for fun.

exactly , do sightseeing there where possible and for fun we have Pattaya and Bangkok  where those handsome Middle Easterners can be spotted not only speeding on motorbikes but sipping drinks / never milk / in gay bars 

Would these thoughts have crossed your mind during your execution?

this question can be answer with certainty only after execution

Thanks Z.  I appreciate the kind words.

Protection is understandable , Saudis are allies because of oil and strategic position .

Silence about known abuses is disgraceful particularly when lesser abuses in other countries are noisily  put into light.

I guess those double standards were rehearsed after Pol Pot fall  when atrocities were well known but still so called Democratic Kampuchea kept it's seat at UN with USA support just to piss off  Vietnamese.

But earlier you told us you kept it a secret for your family you went to Saudi Arabia. How could they then have told you they would petition the embassy in case something happened?

My sister and her children know everything I do.  The rest of my family did not know that I was in Saudi. I have over 10 aunts and uncles and over 50 cousins I keep in contact with.  I have many other family members as well.  I also separate my sister who I trust implicitly with the rest of my red neck relatives.

.But then I don't have your insight or acumen.

That part is obvious.  Sorry, but you're not going to suck me into this nonsense.  You tried to make it appear that I was contradicting myself.  You lost.  Instead of trying to continue by nitpicking and asking loaded questions, accept it and move on.

You want a last word?  Go right ahead.  I'm done with this.

I do not dispute what is in the post. Just curious especially about the Mecca part. I realise that travel in and out of the country is probably easy if the paperwork for visas is in order and you do not add Israel on one of your trips. But getting into Mecca for a non Muslim is strictly forbidden and there are passport/permit control points on every access road requiring all to show proof being a muslim before entering. I was told that before getting the visa to enter Saudi Arabia a declaration of religion is required. If a Muslim enters from a non Islam country proof of religion and the sect the applicant belongs to has to be provided in letter form with the stamp and signature of an Imam. This info is then included on the visa and is checked everywhere. I am sure guys with the right connection can probably do anything in that country. But even non-muslim ambassadors cant get access to Mecca. It must be an amazing place to visit.

Guest FossilGay

Dear kokopelli and Gaybutton, you guys sound like a old married couple arguing at breakfast table in Bangkok hotel. :)

Only kokopelli won't be getting any breakfast because Gaybutton would have eaten it all (and it's a buffet breakfast)!