williewillie

360 Boy gogo bar on Pattayaland soi 1

Is there a difference.....if anyone said my tattoos were hideous, I'd take it as an insult.

I also think that tattoos look hideous.

My opinion however is not a reflection on the person or the person's character just my reaction to seeing the ink on skin.

I would never try to make judgements or mention my feelings as I believe that we all have the right to make our own lifestyle choices..

Returned again to 360 bar last night with farang friend. Show started around 10:15. They start

whenever they want, so get there early, if you want to see the show,

About a dozen gogo boys, shirtless in tight jeans, a few customers.

They have added a bigc**k show for the finale with some hunks in their birthday suits, Nice ..

Returned again to 360 bar last night with farang friend. Show started around 10:15. They start

whenever they want, so get there early, if you want to see the show,

About a dozen gogo boys, shirtless in tight jeans, a few customers.

They have added a bigc**k show for the finale with some hunks in their birthday suits, Nice ..

Big ‘For Rent’ sign outside 360. New owner must have lost a bundle on this venture.

As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are easily parted. 

The shelf life of that one was so short I didn't even get to see it open.

On the next street, money was wasted turning Funny Boys into a open fronted host bar, which lasted about one season (if I'm up to date with progress).   Meanwhile the opposite process happened at Cupidol.

As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are easily parted. 

The shelf life of that one was so short I didn't even get to see it open.

On the next street, money was wasted turning Funny Boys into a open fronted host bar, which lasted about one season (if I'm up to date with progress).   Meanwhile the opposite process happened at Cupidol.

I guess it's very hard to conduct proper market research for this type of venues. In meanwhile BoyzBoyzBoyz, most expensive of them all,  is packing house  night after night

I’ve been informed that 360 boybar closed because they hired many Cambodian boys. They were raided and shut down.

Of course, there are many non-Thai boys in most boy bars.

Also, since it does not exactly need the FBI to figure that out, one presumes the other bars come to some "arrangement" with the authorities.

I took the attached photo tonight looking down the Dream Boys, Kawaii and 360 Bar (now closed) soi. It is difficult for these bars to survive when customers have to contend with these conditions to get to the bars. I guess if we are keen enough a bit of water and mud would not stop us finding our way to a bar but there are plenty of others to choose from and keep dry.

post-8987-0-66108600-1510235837_thumb.jpg

Yes, quite a mess!  Nothing like digging up the street in the beginning of high season.

in high season chances somebody will brave that mess to see the boys are higher because more people on the ground. In low season such a works could mean strangulation of soi's businesees

I guess it's very hard to conduct proper market research for this type of venues. In meanwhile BoyzBoyzBoyz, most expensive of them all,  is packing house  night after night

Reading the posts in this thread and others reporting on conditions on the ground in Bangkok and Pattaya, evidence is emerging that predict a strong high season in both locations. First, early reports of turn-away crowds at places like Dream Boy and Jupiter 2018 and some consistently good reports from readers about Screwboys. Second, as vinapu observes, BBB continues to roar as it did even in low season despite the high tariffs.

Taken as a whole, this suggests that venues that established themselves as "brands" are leading the charge.  Every one from veteran travelers to first-time visitors know the name brands before they arrive and seek them out.  That these hot spots charge the highest prices has certainly not proven a deterrent. Actually, it's having the opposite effect. This is particularly true with punters from China who are accustomed to paying more for the best and aren't interested in being seen at second-tier establishments.

Although some may bemoan the inflation, it's healthy if the industry is to sustain itself in light of escalating real estate prices and higher rents. It also attracts new and high-end talent. 

This doesn't mean those on tighter budgets still can't find value but they have to lower their expectations a bit.  And that, too, is good for the industry in the long-run.  Providing customers offerings at different price is at the heart of capitalism.  That's why both Harrods and Walmart both make money, serving their corners of the market.

For a few years now we've heard predictions of the end of places Soi Twilight, Sunee Plaza and others due to lack of attendance. We blamed on-line dating and poor management.  And although it's true that both have had their effect, supply and demand appears to be winning the day.

Perhaps Adam Smith had it right all along.

For a few years now we've heard predictions of the end of places Soi Twilight, Sunee Plaza and others due to lack of attendance. We blamed on-line dating and poor management.  And although it's true that both have had their effect, supply and demand appears to be winning the day.

and often those predictions are from people who in the same breath admit to not visiting those places for long time.

It's not that they are entirely wrong as shrinking  of bar industry can be seen with bare eye but as you noticed above , it's supply and demand. Now when most visitors are Asians dynamic of industry may change in line of their preferences. 

My guess is bars with shows will do better then those without and those with more hunky men which seem to be choice of younger Asians may do better than those with twinks sough after by older farangs.

My last visit was in September , said to be lowest of low season but it did not seem to me that low and slow compared to my usual December trips and tons of fun was to be had not to mention that some boys  did not  seem to be desperate for an offs at all.   

You may be right about Adam Smith, I just wonder what was his favorite Bangkok bar ?LOL

Also, since it does not exactly need the FBI to figure that out, one presumes the other bars come to some "arrangement" with the authorities.

The other bars have had their Cambodian boys in jeans &/or t-shirts on-and-off for the best part of a year now.

So it sounds more like 360 failed to meet their part of the arrangement...

As for the roadworks... They were absolutely needed... there were craters on that street that a bar boy could drown in!! 

Hopefully the pipes will be laid and the road resurfaced this time next month - in time for peak season...