paulfort

Meeting fellow posters - a thought?

It's fairly easy.

Noting stops somebody who is just starting his Thai vacations from creating new thread " I'm in Bangkok from .... to.... , who wants to meet?  

I found PM highly effective as well since when in LOS I have habit of  checking forum at least thrice  a day . In Dec 2015 led by ChristianPFC we even managed to assemble 5 members   tour to the canals in Wat Sawan area outside of Bangkok on very short notice, all it took  to make idea into reality was 1 day. 

In Dec 2015 led by ChristianPFC we even managed to assemble 5 members tour to the canals in Wat Sawan area outside of Bangkok on very short notice, all it took  to make idea into reality was 1 day. 

Nakom Pathom province, Salaya district. That trip went surprisingly well (I just notice I haven't had time to process it in my blog). I had such a trip in mind for longer time and gathered intelligence and made preparations and inquiries that you are unaware of, I was just waiting for an occasion to share the boat fare.

Nakom Pathom province, Salaya district. That trip went surprisingly well (I just notice I haven't had time to process it in my blog). I had such a trip in mind for longer time and gathered intelligence and made preparations and inquiries that you are unaware of, I was just waiting for an occasion to share the boat fare.

example of why i continue to believe that christinanpfc is the most interesting multi-layered participant on this board... (and that's not to say that i happen to agree with every layer).  I also firmly believe that in 150 years a graduate student at Columbia University will rely on his blog to write her doctoral thesis: "Christianpfc:  Chronicler of the Gay Subculture in SE Asia at the Start of the 21st Century."

Guest ryanasia

I live in Bangkok but don't necessarily want to make an open ended invitation. I have met a few people here but normally a PM is exchanged. I am not looking to run into the guy who is the two week millionaire at hotmale this week. If anybody wants to meet up that is great. However I am not that enthused about meeting fisting2017 in soi twilight and I sure as hell don't want meat loaf 

Noting stops somebody who is just starting his Thai vacations from creating new thread " I'm in Bangkok from .... to.... , who wants to meet?  

I found PM highly effective as well since when in LOS I have habit of  checking forum at least thrice  a day . In Dec 2015 led by ChristianPFC we even managed to assemble 5 members   tour to the canals in Wat Sawan area outside of Bangkok on very short notice, all it took  to make idea into reality was 1 day.

For the first part, I tend to hold back from an open invitation, since I like to meet members who contribute sensibly & not the other type.

I did enjoy joining the canal tour mentioned in the second part of your post, with very good company.

I think part of the attraction of a board such as this one is the mystery its members are clouded in. Especially with those who post the most colorful reports, I think I'd rather not destroy the image I have of them by meeting them in person. ;)

Classic example, the super stud who can hardly walk when you meet him. You've got to wonder how long it really takes him to climb the bed and mount his prey. I'd prefer to avoid these and similar thoughts.

I have met plenty of members of this and other forums, and some have become members of my inner circle of friends here. Over half of that circle are people I met elsewhere, some of them not even aware of the forums.

One-to-one works best for me, in a quiet environment so you can have a meaningful conversation without shouting. For subsequent meetings, Soi Twilight or even gogo bars are fine (to comment on the boys on displays, and exchange stories).

I attended two dinner receptions of another Farang friend, however with over 10 people who I don't know, it's sensory overload for me and I can't take home much (except for a stomach filled with excellent food).

Trips are a good way to break the mold (bars, restaurants, tourist ghetto). The one mentioned above went very well, another one not so well. By car, Farang friend G was in front seat, his boyfriend driving, I and another Farang friend A and Thai friend of G in back seat (a squeeze with 3 people, as other Thai friend of G grossly overweight). G and his boyfriend split and reconciled twice during the trip, then we had issues about navigation (up to three people on navi and mobile, giving different directions to driver) and food; I was glad to get out of the car (but A found the trip hilarious).

Bruce_NYC on sawatdeenetwork wanted to create regular meetings in Bangkok and Pattaya early last year, that died out due to lack of interest.

Meeting another poster "cold" is an awkward encounter for me. Closest I came was to walk up to someone who had described themselves to me on the forum and then introduced myself, nice to meet you , a few words and that was it.

This poster was very nice and easy to chat with. Other times friends have introduced me to posters so that was easy. Only one time did I meet up with a poster "cold" but that was after many exchanges of PMs and emails and photos of each other. A real gentlemen as Christian can attest to.

I agree. I'd love to meet Christian next time I go to Thailand. Seems like an interesting guy!

I have spent many nights (and a 6 day trip to Pattaya) with Floridarob over the last month. Got back from Pattaya today. Rest of the time was Bangkok.

I have not just had a great time, but we actually get on very well and I feel as I have made a friend for life. It also helps that we have a totally different taste in boys! 

Everyone has their own reasons to meet new people, or not. I have met 3 board members so far and had nothing but positive experiences. 

Guest abang1961

I am planning a trip up Thailand towards the beginning of March and yes, it would be absolutely wonderful if dinner dates are set up. Really at my ripe old age and with my travelling-working-life experience. it would not be difficult to banter on alot of topics.  Of course, it has to depend on the other parties too...

So far, I've met several guys (through personal messages, line and emails)  and I would say, every one of these meet-ups are unique in its own way.  Some brought me to eating places and nightspots which I will never get to myself.  One of the Pattaya friends brought me to the Mimosa to watch a carabet show.  It was one of the better non-sexual meetups I had thus far.  Well personally (being that exhibitionist), I had been to the Dongtan beach (in my barely there coverage, ok, you can't call it swimwear) to while away lazy afternoons with several members over the years.

So just connect with me..

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the mixed replies following my initial post of this question a couple of weeks ago.

Like I guess so many of us my main purpose for traveling from the UK to Thailand a couple of times a year is to have some fun with the boys and I have made many regular acquaintances in both Bangkok and Pattaya. In addition on every trip I catch up with some and meet  a few few more new boys - all that works well for me! On my last holiday I traveled with a friend from the UK but that isn't doable on a more regular basis so just thought having got into a few conversations on this site would be nice to perhaps catch up informally with any other member who perhaps has similar interests for a casual beer and perhaps visit a bar or two.

If anyone is interested I am more than happy to buy the first beer, I am in Pattaya again 25th March (though first night not ideal! ) for 8 nights then Bangkok for 5 nights - please just perhaps private message me?

Thanks

C