forky123

Hotel Joiner Policies

There are always a few people asking about joiner policies. I thought a thread where people could add details for hotels they have visited might be helpful.

Hotel - Tarntawan Place

City - Bangkok

Visitors Allowed - Yes

Joiner Fee - No

Security - ID held at disk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy.

Extras - Breakfast for boy included

Hotel - Baan Suoy Resort

City - Pattaya

Visitors Allowed - Yes

Joiner Fee - No

Security - ID held at disk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy.

Extras - None

The Tarntawan Apartments (not to be confused with nearby Tarntawan Hotel) states on its homepage "no joiners fee."

Tarntawan Apartments, located at corner of Suriwong Rd. and Soi Tarntawan (Tawan bar soi), is managed by Lucas who formerly managed the hotel and also operates Dick's Cafe on Soi Twilight.

http://www.tarntawanapartments.com/apartments.html

Hotel - Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No
Security - No ID asked, security at ground floor where concierge is and 23rd floor where reception is, never get asked by security after many stays; have taken two boys at one time with no problems
Extras - When breakfast included in stay, one boy can join with breakfast; only key card needed to access pool and gym so boy can use also

Hotel - Holiday Inn Express Sathorn

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No
Security - ID asked by security at front entrance
Extras - Breakfast included with stay, boy welcome

Bonus:

Hotel - AirBNB condo stays

City - Bangkok/Pattaya
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No
Security - Security in condo entrance or parking gate, not asked ID because treated like resident
Extras - boy can use the condo facilities within reason (gym, pool, laundry), need to be respectful of residents in building: not a hotel

There was a report on another forum that the Tarntawan now has a joiners fee.  There wasn't when I stayed there in October and I didn't stay there last month so I don't know if the report is accurate.  I recognize that this reply to the topic is sort of based on not so certain hearsay there is the possibility that something or maybe nothing has changed.  LOL

Hotel - Nantra Silom
City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - they don't care, even if more that one 
Joiner Fee - No, but if you require extra towel for 2nd boy charge is 100-200
Security - they don't care
Extras - Breakfast for boy included if room paid  with breakfast, sometimes they offer deals 'room only "

Hotel - BBB Inn

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - welcomed 
Joiner Fee - No
Security - sometimes ( if they don't know the boy which is rare) ID held at desk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy .
Extras - massage boys  at extra cost on premises 7/24, no breakfast

Hotel - Raya Suriwong 

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - Yes, even more than one 
Joiner Fee - No, although there's apparently sign that it cost 1000 but no report it's enforced or even confirmation if it's true
Security - sometimes , it seemd to depend on receptionist and guest, ID held at desk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy.
Extras - Breakfast for boy included if room booked for two and with breakfast

Hotel - Pavillion Place

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No
Security - just go and have a fun

Extras -no breakfast

Hotel - Malaysia Hotel 

City - Bangkok
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No
Security - ID held at disk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy, sometimes thay just wave you in
Extras - Breakfast for boy and yourself can be purchased downstairs.

Hotel - New Le Cafe Royal

City - Pattaya
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No, 
Security - ID held at desk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy.

Hotel - Ambiance 

City - Pattaya
Visitors Allowed - Yes, even more than one although website above claims 2nd guest will be charged 300 but not my experience with statistic sample of 2 nights
Joiner Fee - No, 
Security - ID held at desk and room rung to confirm all ok before returned to boy.

Hotel - Copa

City - Pattaya
Visitors Allowed - Yes
Joiner Fee - No, 
Extras - no breakfast but one can be ordered as room service from Ambiance across the soi

Just walk in like you own the place and make sure guest is decently dressed.

The first part is under my control, but the second requirement can be more difficult. 

For example, on one recent bar visit, I paid the off fee and my new cute & small acquaintance came back in tight white shorts & a little red hoodie, with a picture of a bear on the back & ears on the hood.  [He was 30, but from any kind of distance, it did not look like it]

In my hotel, that outfit was no problem, but if I'm in some more selective hotel, I could hardly send him back.

Also, similarly to Numazu's tip in the post before, if the gay forums don't have any ideas, it can be useful to google "girl friendly hotels" to get some ideas of places to stay.   There are several sites with lists.  

Also despite him literally being 30 years old, it didn't really look

if the gay forums don't have any ideas, it can be useful to google "girl friendly hotels" to get some ideas of places to stay.   

thread carefully specially in Pattaya as hotel may have nothing against you bringing boy companion but other guests may object very vocally , specially in  lower end places. We had report on one forums not long ago about some boy guest related commotion in one of soi Bukhao hotels.

Hotel - Dusit thani

City - Bangkok

Visitors allowed - yes

Joiners fee - no

Security - guards on back entrance road near silom, but didnt check id or ask. Back entrance is basement, can take lift directly to room, and lobby is one level up from basement. Only 1 night there where i off a boy.

Extra - my room were high floor of the same building as the lobby, and have nice balcony, with view of lumpini park. Didnt try any of their facilities though

thread carefully specially in Pattaya as hotel may have nothing against you bringing boy companion but other guests may object very vocally , specially in  lower end places. We had report on one forums not long ago about some boy guest related commotion in one of soi Bukhao hotels.

On a related note, but off topic for this thread, I had an unpleasant experience last January on a baht bus to Jomtien. A boy was holding my hand and a Russian family boarded. The father began screaming about us to his family at the top of his lungs. Hurling insults most of the trip. I have a vague understanding of Russian. At one point I was afraid his hysteria would turn violent.

There was a report on another forum that the Tarntawan now has a joiners fee.  There wasn't when I stayed there in October and I didn't stay there last month so I don't know if the report is accurate.  I recognize that this reply to the topic is sort of based on not so certain hearsay there is the possibility that something or maybe nothing has changed.  LOL

You are probably referring to my report on sawatdeenetwork.com. I just reported what was printed on the check-in card. There is a joiner fee for overnighters. Whether they collect it or not is another thing.

I have stayed at many other smaller Hotels in BKK other then the Chains but mid range in prices. Again never a problem. But I always reserve for 2 and it is none of the Hotels business who the additional guest is. The most they can ask for is to check the ID In addition to the Holiday Inn Silom there is and Indian Managed Hotel on Silom that is famous for refusing joiners. Again the odds are greatly in your favor to have no problems..

Some are bothered by having to register guest, I am not but it has rarely happened.  In Pattaya it is hard for me to imagine a Joiner FEE.  The town would dry up and disappear without Sex Joiners.  I have heard the Hilton is a problem but have never stayed there because I usually stay next door at View Talay which is 1/4  the price and offers all the things I need including a nice big room with kitchen and multiple services in the building.

On a related note, but off topic for this thread, I had an unpleasant experience last January on a baht bus to Jomtien. A boy was holding my hand and a Russian family boarded. The father began screaming about us to his family at the top of his lungs. Hurling insults most of the trip.

Just tell him to get off the bloody bus if he doesn't like it. 

Guest abang1961

I am aware that despite Thailand being a rather receptive country, the visitors are NOT.

Any public display of affection between 2 gay men is quite a taboo except in designated areas within the Boyztown/Soi Twilight zones. Personally I like to hold hands with my man - but I am very discreet and I am very aware of public stares.

If I sensed discomfort, I opt to respect the other conservatives... after all, sex in the bed is more than sufficient for me..there is no need to exercise our gay lifestyles in front of the less-refined heterosexuals.  We are a class above them. 

Perhaps I don't look too Thai and of course, I am much older than most sex professionals, I never had a problem with security at the other guy's hotel.  Never once was I asked for my ID/passport.. I would have gladly provide them with my details... 

Years ago, the White Rose hotel in Pattaya (opposite former Happy Boys) had this note:

(details in my blog http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/12/notes-in-hotel-in-south-pattaya.html)

IMG_20131214_103901.jpg

And in Thung Mahamek privacy hotel (near Malaysia hotel) I had to pay for a full night in 2013, as they don't rent room short time to same sex couples.

I am aware that despite Thailand being a rather receptive country, the visitors are NOT.

whenever I see old fatty hauling with him girl looking like his grand granddaughter I want to scream just like that Russian guy described above. 

Not that I condone his behavior as we all are guests in Thailand  and should leave to Thais to sort out what is permitted and what is not in their country . Sometimes considering age difference  between two companions,  rage may be somewhat well intentioned and justified so some discretion never hurts.

We always should keep in mind that to Western eyes lots of Asians are looking much younger that they are.

Pray tell what is the difference between a 55 year old with a 24 year old or a 70 year old with an 18 year old or an 80 year old with a 28 year old. It is all the same old men chasing youth and being willing to pay for it if necessary which of course it is in most cases. They visit Thailand to pay for Sex with partners much younger then themselves whether Gay or Straight.

Now as in everything there are exceptions of young people who visit and find Sex easily available for a movie, meal etc and in some cases they may be Rice Queens or Asians from other countries where they feel more repressed.

Some people start believing the BS they tell friends and family about , loving food, temples, culture. They may like those things but if no Sex was available with partners much younger their visits would cease.

The only problems with people in Thailand would be Russians, Arabs etc. who pretend they are disgusted . Many of those nationalities  have a different decision behind closed doors.

But You should be aware of countries you visit as far as public displays of affection. 

Pray tell what is the difference between a 55 year old with a 24 year old or a 70 year old with an 18 year old or an 80 year old with a 28 year old.

31, 52, 52, not much difference in your examples above  but it starts being big when we have 60-16 or even 25-16 configurations.

I personally never have any problems with Arabs or Russians anywhere but met some Western do -gooders who  may stir trouble more than those above

31, 52, 52, not much difference in your examples above  but it starts being big when we have 60-16 or even 25-16 configurations.

I personally never have any problems with Arabs or Russians anywhere but met some Western do -gooders who  may stir trouble more than those above

First of all I don't understand what that has to do with your post I responded to.  To my knowledge no one here has ever promoted  underage boys , girls etc. Quite the contrary , there have been numerous warnings on this Forum about checking ID's and even a little bit suspicious , move on and don't take the chance. 

Visitors who are not comfortable with Thai ID's should stay in a Hotel where the ID is checked such as Tartawan in BKK or gay Hotels in Boystown Pattaya.

Members who like Tawan boys don't have to worry about that because I doubt they have ever had even and 18 year old working there.

Many of the other Bars both on Soi Twilight and Pattaya have all sorts of boys who in the eyes of some push that envelope.  You are quite right however many boys that you might think are 18-19 turn out to be 25 or older. 

I've told the story before of a regular boy  I had from XBoys on Soi Twilight.  I probably saw him 30-50 times . I never asked his age and if asked I would have guessed 22 maybe 23. Then 1 day I saw him online on a Gay Thai site and saw he was 32. So yes Thai boys do in almost all cases look much younger then they are.