TotallyOz

30 Day suspensions

It's okay if the new ones are the same or a better replacement for the old. Unfortunately the cat has been replaced by a very annoying boy.

Surely most people in this forum are more interested in boys than in cats.

Have you thought why you let yourself be annoyed by a boy?

Results of a totally unscientific effort aimed at determining how behavior of posters is affecting activity of normally active posters.

Method: I went back about 20 pages of posts on this forum that took me to a period of about one year ago.  I looked for high-activity posters who appeared to have significantly cut back--or outright stopped--their posting here.

What I found: there are 2-3 who decided for one reason or another to go relatively silent.  If their user names aren't apparent, you may not be paying close attention. One of those cats should be obvious to all.

Members stop posting for a variety of reasons: general loss of interest in Thailand in general or the board in particular; health-related issues; trolls; etc. As long as others arrive on scene to take up the slack, overall activity may not be affected.

The biggest downside of seeing regulars drop out is that we all lose the benefit of their contribution.

I don't see how any attempt at co-relating the level of activity of one poster with the behaviour of another poster can be anything but unscientific.  Words like "benefit", "better poster", "troll", and "trolling" are all very subjective and can be easily manipulated depending on what one seeks to justify.  "Troll" seems to be the new catch-all phrase to encompass anyone who dares to criticise or disagree with one's post or point of view or worse, not cooing in admiration over one's exploits.  Sticking the troll label without engagement in the issue at hand may be easy and convenient but in my opinion it is intellectually lazy and betrays a lack of imagination.

Perhaps the reason why we may not be paying attention when a prolific poster goes missing can be drawn from an analogy between me and my favourite TV show Mad Men (read: John Hamm).  It was fun when it lasted but now that it has gone off the air, it doesn't really make a difference to my life.  Same same when Game of Thrones finally goes off the  air.  Hard as it may be to believe for some, life will and does go on without trip reports and it is disingenuous to suggest that a private revolution is brewing over this via PM.  Fine that your huge ego can't handle a little pressure on the forum but attributing others with the same malaise when a public examination is not possible is not very persuasive.

And these incessant threats to stop posting if one doesn't have one's way is getting old; primary school old.  Post if you wanna post, don't post if you don't wanna.  Just know that as with everything else in life, you can't predict or insist on a particular outcome for your efforts.  Keep crying wolf and after a while people will start hoping that the wolf will come eat you.

I am afraid to ask, but what about your underwear or don't you wear any? I know you have a stocky of sexy undies for your boyz but what about yourself?

Probably bought by my mother. Most of my current underwear was bought by my mother. My mother loves buying clothes for me, it makes her happy so I go along. The underwear I wear is merely functional. I always wear underwear, I'm wary of people who don't wear underwear. I think something is not right with them.

Probably bought by my mother. Most of my current underwear was bought by my mother. My mother loves buying clothes for me, it makes her happy so I go along. The underwear I wear is merely functional. I always wear underwear, I'm wary of people who don't wear underwear. I think something is not right with them.

It is sad when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. I can't allow them to think I would commit murder. They'll put him away now as I should have years ago. He was always bad and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man, as if I could do anything but just sit and stare like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger and I want to just sit here and be quiet just in case they suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."

:lol:

Im guessing a lot of Thai boys think the same when seeing you in your mothers underwear for the first time ! :)

Do you know of any public forum in this world whose members do not come and go with some regulars dropping out and new regulars dropping in ?  Losing the benefits from the old ones and gaining the benefits of the new ones?

You're right about the in and out nature of forums like this and there are multiple reasons why people come and go.

Forums exist for the exchange of ideas and information. Violations of conduct (as we witnessed recently) were well handled by the moderator. His actions help ensure the viability of the forum.

Im guessing a lot of Thai boys think the same when seeing you in your mothers underwear for the first time ! :)

I like the flexibility in this forum that allows discussions about Christian's underwear in a thread called "30 day suspensions". 

I cannot relay on my mother to buy my underwear because she passed away many decades ago. I am very bad at buying clothes and first I bought some briefs size 34 which were too big.  Then my mistake was to by size 30 which are a bit tight, but oh surprise I like the sexy feeling of tight underwear, and I won't go back to loose ones.  

(please don't bash me, but I can find a conversation about underwear more interesting than endlessly reading trip reports...)

Sticking the troll label without engagement in the issue at hand may be easy and convenient but in my opinion it is intellectually lazy and betrays a lack of imagination.

Hard as it may be to believe for some, life will and does go on without trip reports and it is disingenuous to suggest that a private revolution is brewing over this via PM. 

Life may go on without trip reports but it certainly won't be as much fun.

Have absolutely no idea what you're referring to when you talk about a PM.  I've never sent you a PM or received one from you.

Personally, I think it's wonderful that a 24-year-old exchange student (in Chiang Mai) from Singapore finds enough time to post so actively, and manages to travel about the country.  For someone who says he hasn't been in the LOS very long, you've enjoyed an incredibly wide variety of experiences.

Although I'd think you might be more comfortable hanging out with much younger guys, with whom a young Singaporean like yourself would be quite in demand, you nevertheless choose to grace this forum.

It's a privilege and sheer sensation to be called intellectually lazy by such a hot boy.

Life may go on without trip reports but it certainly won't be as much fun.

I guess that would depend on the life you lead and the availability and willingness to partake in alternative experiences.

Have absolutely no idea what you're referring to when you talk about a PM.  I've never sent you a PM or received one from you.

This wasn't in reference to you.  Sorry if my quoting your entire post gave that impression.  I'm not much of a PM person either.  I was referring to the tendency by some people to cite private PMs that allegedly support their point of view to buttress their arguments in the open forum.

Personally, I think it's wonderful that a 24-year-old exchange student (in Chiang Mai) from Singapore finds enough time to post so actively, and manages to travel about the country.  For someone who says he hasn't been in the LOS very long, you've enjoyed an incredibly wide variety of experiences.

Thank you.  My initial introduction to Thailand was many years ago with my family and we made the the usual trips to Phuket, Bangkok, Hatyai and Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai.  My first trip as an adult was with my army mates when I was 19 and that was when I was smitten with the Land of Smiles.  When I came home I enrolled in a disastrous 30-hour beginners' Thai course at a community centre.  It was filled with "uncles" who were Thailand regulars and already had a fair amount of vocabulary and I was trailing far behind. But I didn't give up and have had more than 250 hours of Thai lessons since then, not including a five-week homestay experience in Bangkok last year.

I wouldn't say that I have "enjoyed an incredibly wide variety of experiences" but I do make the most of every day I am in Thailand.  I'm on summer break now and working on a research paper so I have more time than usual to insert comments here and there as I work through the night, with plenty of youtube, fb and other distractions. ;)  But yeah, my learning curve has been pretty sharp; I guess that comes from having a constantly full plate during term time.  Classes, sports, volunteer work, excursions, social and night life - it can get pretty crazy but not that different from my life in Sg but with less competition & stress and a lot more fun. ;)  And I have learnt a lot in the process, through a combination of life experiences (mine and others'), a natural curiosity and the smarts and sensitivity to process what's happening to and around me.  I guess I wouldn't be learning as much if I were to sit around in cafes and  bars staring into a beer for two hours and hoping the waiter or waitress would catch my eye and start a conversation with me.

Although I'd think you might be more comfortable hanging out with much younger guys, with whom a young Singaporean like yourself would be quite in demand, you nevertheless choose to grace this forum.

I'm not sure that I understand you.  Why would I want to be with much younger guys?  I'm not a paedo.  And you flatter me too much.  I think I do OK on the dating and social circuit but I don't know about being "quite in demand". :p  Yeah, taking part in this forum is yet another fun aspect of being in Thailand and hasn't taken too much effort.  But I participate on my own terms: how, when and what I post is up to me.

It's a privilege and sheer sensation to be called intellectually lazy by such a hot boy.

Awww stop.  :)  I'm not "hot" at all.  And the privilege wasn't yours to have as the remark wasn't addressed at you.

People always mean well. They cluck their thick tongues, and shake their heads and suggest, oh, so very delicately!

I always wear underwear, I'm wary of people who don't wear underwear. I think something is not right with them.

We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?

My first trip as an adult was with my army mates when I was 19 and that was when I was smitten with the Land of Smiles. 

But yeah, my learning curve has been pretty sharp; I guess that comes from having a constantly full plate during term time.  Classes, sports, volunteer work, excursions, social and night life - it can get pretty crazy but not that different from my life in Sg but with less competition & stress and a lot more fun.

Have you no mercy, So glad. Now I learn my hot Asian stud is both an athlete and former soldier!

I think I'm getting a hard on.

Have you no mercy, So glad. Now I learn my hot Asian stud is both an athlete and former soldier!

I think I'm getting a hard on.

You're hilarious! Sarcasm becomes you. *hugs*

I'm still a soldier but in the reserve army.  Does that make you harder? :lol:

I served in the army as part of compulsory National Service, not by choice. :)

Since the farmer's not around for a bit, I'll have to make do with your fantasies. And you have so many so please, by all means, post on about your life as the ravishing young Asian toiling away on his term paper while keeping the forum enthralled.

Since the farmer's not around for a bit, I'll have to make do with your fantasies.

I guess poor drunken Mr Jones has had to take a hiatus after a revolt on this Animal Farm. And well-meaning but misguided Snowball has been chased away too for trying to stand up for his young chicken lover. :lol:

Does mom buy you sexy  underwear or tighty-whities?

I find "going commando" can be advantageous when wearing shorts and visiting certain go-go bars and even beer/host bars.

I find "going commando" can be advantageous when wearing shorts and visiting certain go-go bars and even beer/host bars.

I've often thought about that when I visit the hands -on bars, but I can't bring myself to going commando. But I'm working on it.

I do, however, wear shorts I had especially made for me which allow plenty of room for a hand. Or two, as in the case of one bar in Bangkok.

In any case, Thailand and jeans just don't work for me. It's too hot.

I've often thought about that when I visit the hands -on bars, but I can't bring myself to going commando. But I'm working on it.

I do, however, wear shorts I had especially made for me which allow plenty of room for a hand. Or two, as in the case of one bar in Bangkok.

In any case, Thailand and jeans just don't work for me. It's too hot.

I have seen you in those shorts - Eric Morcombe would have been proud of you! LOL

Personally I was put off 'going commando' when I was eleven - accident with a zip! - fortunately the scars were only mental!