musgrave

Update from Chiang Mai

Orion Bar

This venue recently changed location - it now actually fronts Chareonprathet Lane 6 - about 200 metres in from the Night Market Street (Changklan Rd) - right hand side.  This is the same street for Ram Bar and Secrets Bar.

The new location is a bit more spacious ( there are now no metal poles to restrict your pool shots) - some nice new tables and stools.  It opens right out onto the street so you get to view all the passing traffic. Every now and then the host puts on free food.

Always found the bar to be friendly - the host is always welcoming and there are usually at least 6+ bar boys there - mostly Tai Yai.  Language can be a challenge at times but there's always someone around to interpret.

There was a great birthday party there a week or so ago and the place was packed - however it's low season and numbers can be variable. I have been back post party and there have been only a handful of customers.  But if you are in Chiang Mai it's definitely worth a visit.

Have also seen on Facebook that Soho is re-opening in a new location.  Soho Soi Sarm - Soi 3 Hussadiissawee Rd - more towards the Santitham area.. .  Grand Opening party advertised for June 2

Have to agree with a447a comments in another post there is so much eye candy in Thailand in the out of the way places - this place is overrun by handsome men.

Looking forward to a few days in Bangkok from this weekend - a chance to return to NB and see the handsome Isaan man with the best smile ever and to return to Arena to visit the fabulous Teep

One day I will venture even further south than Bangkok - on 7 trips to Thailand over the years never gone to any of the beach locations - much prefer mountain men in the north

Have also seen on Facebook that Soho is re-opening in a new location.  Soho Soi Sarm - Soi 3 Hussadiissawee Rd - more towards the Santitham area.. .  Grand Opening party advertised for June 2

It's next to New My Way Bar so shouldn't be too difficult to find if you're familiar with that landmark.  Somebody told me Soho used to be a popular bar on Huay Kaew Road, right beside Amazing Sandwich but it closed a couple of years ago for various reasons.

Mai, the owner of the Orion bar used to work at Adams Apple. I offed him many times.

Such a lovely guy!

"Such a lovely guy!"  In a447a's language it means he has a big cock. :lol:

If we're talking about the same guy (short, dark and wavy/curly hair?) then I agree that he is a pleasant and welcoming guy.  There was a sour-faced woman manning the bar (his wife?) when we went but that didn't affect our experience.  Of the four bars in the area (Ram, Secrets, Pandee and Orion), I found Orion and Pandee to be the friendliest and least impersonal.

"Such a lovely guy!"  In a447a's language it means he has a big cock.

I can understand how some people might think that! Lol

But in actual fact, a big cock alone doesn't do it for me if it's not attached to a nice, friendly guy. The cock always comes second.

With Mai, you have an intelligent, funny guy who is obviously well-educated.

Oh, and did I mention that he's also hung like a donkey?

With Mai, you have an intelligent, funny guy who is obviously well-educated.

Oh, and did I mention that he's also hung like a donkey?

HAHAHA

a447a is persuading me to add another adventure up to Chang Mai in my plans for November!!!

:good:

I doubt that unpleasant lady at Orion was Mai's wife. He's 100% gay.

His sister works there but she's also very nice.

Whenever I think of Adams and those Shan boys with their donkey dicks, I always want to go back.

The problem is, Adams Apple is basically in the middle of nowhere with now only a few gay bars left in the area. It's the only gogo bar where you can see cock, so you know what you are getting beforehand,

I always stay at the Lotus Hotel opposite, but that means I'm stuck up there, as transport into town and back is difficult to find. I once managed to get a tuk-tuk into town after my fun with a guy but had great difficulty getting back to the hotel at 2 in the morning. Mai managed to chase down a tuk-tuk but It cost me an arm and a leg.

The only other option if you want to spend time in the bars and also spend time at Adams Apple is to stay in town and hope you can get a ride up to Adams and then get another late night ride back into town.

Good luck with that!

I doubt that unpleasant lady at Orion was Mai's wife. He's 100% gay.

The problem is, Adams Apple is basically in the middle of nowhere with now only a few gay bars left in the area. It's the only gogo bar where you can see cock, so you know what you are getting beforehand,

I always stay at the Lotus Hotel opposite, but that means I'm stuck up there, as transport into town and back is difficult to find. I once managed to get a tuk-tuk into town after my fun with a guy but had great difficulty getting back to the hotel at 2 in the morning. Mai managed to chase down a tuk-tuk but It cost me an arm and a leg.

The only other option if you want to spend time in the bars and also spend time at Adams Apple is to stay in town and hope you can get a ride up to Adams and then get another late night ride back into town.

Good luck with that!

I know  three so-called "100% gay" Thai guys who are married to women, one of them is quite fem and all three have kids.  People get married for various reasons and from reading these boards and getting to know real-life couples over the past year, love and sexual attraction often have little to do with it!

New My Way and Circle Pub have full frontal nudity as well during showtime, at least there was when I went.

You say there are only "a few gay bars left in the area".  Were there more than three before?  I was under the impression that the numbers haven't changed much over the years.  Somebody told me there's also a very late-night karaoke joint very close to Circle Pub called Barroco but I've never been.

Transport should really not be a problem.  All the bars will have a regular tuk-tuk they can call upon.  Or just Uber it.

Did anybody have an experience in Free Guy ? I went there 3 times around 10 PM and there was no action , just a waiter and during my last visit he told me that place is not for farangs ! 

Did anybody have an experience in Free Guy ? I went there 3 times around 10 PM and there was no action , just a waiter and during my last visit he told me that place is not for farangs ! 

I have never been to Free Guy and don't know anything about it but don't take offence when you are told by a Thai venue that a "place is not for farangs".  It could simply mean that they do not have the resources to cater to someone who doesn't speak Thai and you would thus not enjoy it as much.  If it's a karaoke venue, it would usually start very late and Thais would invariably come in groups and make their own entertainment (singing, snacking, shouting, generally being silly and groping a karaoke host in the process).  They wouldn't know what to do with a farang who comes alone and expects to be entertained.  However, if you can get a group going, things can get really wild in a private karaoke room.  I went to this place somewhere near the Airport Plaza with Thai friends and a couple of Japanese girls and the two hosts who served us were practically stripped down to their underwear as night turned to morning, happily showing off for tips and letting the girls grope them.  Unfortunately the all-out orgy didn't happen but I was pretty happy with all the cross-groping, tongue-slipping and inappropriate touching. ;)

I had the same experience.

Apart from Adams Apple, there used to be the Circle Pub, Free guy and one other bar in that area, plus another a bit further away whose name escapes me. At least I think that was the case.

Only Adams appealed to me. Nothing was happening in the Circle Pub.

I also visited Chang Mai a couple of years ago. I got there paying very little for the air ticket. I was not impressed with the gay nightlife having spent 90% of my visits over the last 17 years in Pattaya. I only managed a short time with a boy from GR. However I did do a trek into the hills which was good fun although at the time the area was enveloped in a smokey atmosphere from forest fires.

I cut my visit short and returned to Pats for its bars and boys.

In my last visit in Chiang Mai two years ago the gay scene was completely dead,however I did enjoy the the city as a tourist destination with a lot of temples , the old city and the soruondings.

I agree. There's a lot of interesting places to see in CM. Even just walking around the streets is interesting.

For me, the secret to having good sex when travelling is to find a guy (or guys) who you can rely on to share your bed.

Lucky for me, I found a number of them at Adams Apple so I knew i would never be going back to the hotel alone.

The only problem was choosing which guy I'd off.

For some, I know this doesn't work, as they are butterfiles, but I just find it saves me so much time looking for someone every night. With a guy lined up early in the night I can relax and enjoy myself.

Thank god for the guys at Adams! So nice and friendly,

Oh, alright! They've got big cocks, too.

I had the same experience.

Apart from Adams Apple, there used to be the Circle Pub, Free guy and one other bar in that area, plus another a bit further away whose name escapes me. At least I think that was the case.

Only Adams appealed to me. Nothing was happening in the Circle Pub.

Perhaps Freeguy didn't have any 8" and above on staff and didn't want to disappoint you?

Circle Pub is still running as far as I know but I've only been there once.  No hands-on action (thank god) but there is nudity during showtime.  And I don't understand those mismatched shirts and ties.  A body-fitting  white tee and jeans would look much better on the guys.

Just a couple of quick updates.  Ram Bar offers a free buffet of Thai and western finger foods from 8 pm every Sunday for those of you interested in that sort of thing.  I learned the expression "balloon chaser" on SN. :lol:

The previously mentioned Soho Lounge in Santitham is now open.  They serve food too.

They wouldn't know what to do with a farang who comes alone and expects to be entertained. However, if you can get a group going, things can get really wild in a private karaoke room

I'm not a fan of karaoke bars, but enjoy going to the Thai for Thai clubs in Chiang Mai. Ive been alone and with friends and weve always been made welcome. As long as you can speak a little Thai add can put up with over loud music, you can have a blast with some cute guys. Its not for many on this forum if only because of the loud music, but they are certainly worth a visit.

I'm not a fan of karaoke bars, but enjoy going to the Thai for Thai clubs in Chiang Mai. Ive been alone and with friends and weve always been made welcome.

As you've been "alone and with friends" to these "Thai for Thai clubs" and "always been made welcome" perhaps you could share their names with readers as I'm sure they would like to experience that welcome too.

Just a couple of quick updates.  Ram Bar offers a free buffet of Thai and western finger foods from 8 pm every Sunday for those of you interested in that sort of thing.  I learned the expression "balloon chaser" on SN. :lol:

The previously mentioned Soho Lounge in Santitham is now open.  They serve food too.

This information is specific enough for someone in Chiang Mai to verify or falsify.

I would be happy if we could move on from "I'm a 24-year-old Singaporean exchange student in Chiang Mai" - "No, you are not..." - "Yes, I am..." to this kind of post quoted above.

Yes, the new (moved) Soho Bar is on Soi 3, Hassadithawee (also called Soi New My Way......Soho, now called "Soho Soi Saam" happens to be about 20 feet due east of the New My Way bar).  Still run by Shauna & Rabbit and their grand opening is June 2nd (although they're open now).  Nicer and more comfortable seating than the old Soho Bar and, best of all, air-conditioned!  Worth a visit.

I'm a big fan of RAM Bar and go see the cabaret at 10PM on many nights during the year.  There's no show on Sunday night and now RAM is offering the food buffet as an enticement to attract more customers on Sunday night.  Now, as much as I like RAM and all the guys that work there, I won't be doing the bar food there (hopefully it's fine but I've had too many bad experiences of bar food before to risk my intestines).....plus, I go there to ogle and not for dinner.