a447a

Ageing (dis)gracefully

And I really, really loved those Big Macs!!! I had no idea how delicious they were.

you must be seriously kidding, no ?

Generally I tend to avoid them, but in Pattaya at 3am or 4am in the morning, and usually after a few too many beers - I get this craving for McDonalds,

Fortunately most of my barfines are happy to share my guilty pleasure - so to speak. 

I do recall one happy moment on my last trip, at one such ungodly hour, when just back in my hotel room, I was slumped on the sofa with a Big Mac in one hand and this lad's cock in the other - ah! Happy Days indeed! LOL

Not much discussion yet on the effects of stress on the body during a lifetime. A doctor once told me that she had come across so many cases of mild illness being caused as a result of stress in a job, at home or with a partner. Unless the patient took steps to relieve that stress it would build up over time and could have a serious long term effect in the ageing process. There are also the results of stress caused through living in stress-inducing cities.

For most guys I reckon finding ways to relieve such on going stress is less easy than just giving up smoking or big Macs, if only because many are not really conscious of the stress. Things like regular exercise and yoga then become more important. And of course regular trips to Thailand!

. And of course regular trips to Thailand!

but only on condition that one removes himself from all goings at home and at work. Constant checking of what's going on and trying to keep in  touch  may be ' ruin vacation '  exercise. 

but only on condition that one removes himself from all goings at home and at work. Constant checking of what's going on and trying to keep in  touch  may be ' ruin vacation '  exercise. 

Quite agree. But some guys may not enjoy that option especially if they have an executive role in the company they work for. If your office is going to get in touch, lay down rules before you depart about when and how they can contact you on only urgent business. Then try to set aside a maximum of 30 minutes every 2 or 3 days to get the work done.

Not much discussion yet on the effects of stress on the body during a lifetime.

I tend to think that some stress is beneficial. But not too much.

Some parts of my job were very stressful, requiring incredible concentration. There were always times when I was thinking "What if..."

But that kept me on my toes, and that's important for mental health, I believe. The rest of my life has been totally stress-free, apart from a few occasions.

Good health, ,lots of friends and plenty of time to enjoy yourself should, hopefully, help people to age slowly. The slower, the better, of course!

But what will I do when or if the time comes when I can no longer get it up? Hopefully, I'll lose my libido so it won't matter.

But some guys may not enjoy that option especially if they have an executive role in the company they work for. If your office is going to get in touch, lay down rules before you depart about when and how they can contact you on only urgent business. Then try to set aside a maximum of 30 minutes every 2 or 3 days to get the work done.

While it makes sense in some circumstances we ought to remember that cemeteries are full of people impossible to substitute.

While it makes sense in some circumstances we ought to remember that cemeteries are full of people impossible to substitute.

LOL!  But people want to go on vacation, not to a cemetery.

There is something better than going on vacation to escape stress at home or work.  It is to resolve the source of stress before or in lieu of going on vacation.  

It was also during some trips to Thailand that I started putting on weight, especially around the stomach. I was drinking beer every night but worse still, was heading off to McDonald's every single night before bedtime for a Big Mac!

Having been a skinny kid and slim all my life, it was a real shock to look in the mirror. I couldn't help looking at myself in shop windows and hating what I was seeing. So it was back to Diet Coke and no more McDonald's. As someone who never eats fast food, that was easy. And I'm back to normal.

In my case, the Grim Reaper's scythe is probably made of a diabetic alloy. It really runs in my mother's family. After gaining 75 pounds after leaving the navy, my doctor laid down the law. I lost 35 pounds, which not only took care of the diabetic indications but dropped my blood pressure too. Like a447a, I was slim all my life, so gaining some ​weight was no problem.

Mercifully, I have never been a smoker. I rarely drink at home and there is no bar with walking distance, so I seldom have more than two drinks when I am out. Only in Thailand do I drink too much. Exercise these days is pretty much limited to the golf course--I walk when feasible rather than use a golf cart.

I used Subway as a good place to eat to keep the pounds off in Pattaya.

For a real healthy and fresh raw meal, try a salad you design yourself at the Wooden Box half way between Jomtien and downtown on Tappraya Rd next to the courthouse.  So fresh, organic, many choices of items. Had many wonderful lunches there and at a very reasonable price!

I was taught many years ago that no one, but no one, is indispensable. And so right they were.

This is pure motherhood.  

Nothing is indispensable.

Indispensable... for what?

The whole human race is not indispensable.

Religions make this plainly clear.

If humanity could be created by a God who made an Adam out of clay,

this God can make anything else with the same ease. :)

I've made it 68 yo I have no stress about money or work as I'm happily retired with a descent income. I take 3 x 1 month Thailand holidays a year plus several European weekend breaks I don't drink alcohol or smoke and I try to eat a fairly balanced diet. And I live and love life to the full. What more could I ask for?

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't sing, I don't dance, I have been in McDo once (never again), I have eaten at KFC twice (never again), if it wasn't for sex and chocolate, I could live forever!

You made a good list of bad things you don't do, although there is not much intrinsically bad with singing and dancing.

Chocolate could be under the 'good' things too, and so could be plenty of sex if we leave out the STDs.

You could add a good thing you are NOT doing:  exercising.  It may be still early, but later in life this becomes essential, to avoid 'slim' from becoming 'weak' and "out of shape". If we start with regular exercise early, then it is not a hardship later on but a source of satisfaction.

I've made it 68 yo I have no stress about money or work as I'm happily retired with a descent income. I take 3 x 1 month Thailand holidays a year plus several European weekend breaks I don't drink alcohol or smoke and I try to eat a fairly balanced diet. And I live and love life to the full. What more could I ask for?

Another good curriculum vitae, and like with Christian PFC, only one good item missing: exercising.

If not started earlier, mid life is the perfect time to start an intelligent plan of regular exercising, and at this time weight lifting is the important part, with aerobics somewhat secondary.  This assures that the nice buns in your avatar won't shrivel down in the 70s and that other parts of the body don't decay, like the skeletal structure and the organ without bone... exercising with weights is known to preserve our supply of testosterone. :)

Walking is always suggested as a good form is exercise and it will also help you lose weight, or so they say. This isn't always the case.

Last year I traipsed around Europe for a month with a friend, walking an average of 15 km per day and I didn't lose any weight at all. Not that I had to but I was, nevertheless, very surprised, especially as a lot of the walking involved going up and down steep hlls and stairs.

This terrain in Croatia and Lisbon was a real struggle, day after day. Up and down, up and down. It was exhausting.

In Croatia I found myself on a small island in the middle of nowhere, standing next to Sir Bob Geldof! I managed to take a quick photo and then he was off like a mountain goat, scrambling up a steep hill to the castle.

My plan was to follow him to the top and get a photo with him but even though he is older than me, he left me struggling in his wake. Incredible. I wonder what his secret is. Unfortunately, I never got to ask him.

post-13512-0-19368400-1498565259_thumb.jpg

Guest samebb

You made a good list of bad things you don't do, although there is not much intrinsically bad with singing and dancing.

Chocolate could be under the 'good' things too, and so could be plenty of sex if we leave out the STDs.

You could add a good thing you are NOT doing: exercising. It may be still early, but later in life this becomes essential, to avoid 'slim' from becoming 'weak' and "out of shape". If we start with regular exercise early, then it is not a hardship later on but a source of satisfaction.

I think Christian is getting his sexercise. Ha

If your ass looks like your avatar, then you need not ask for anything else.

Guest samebb

I admire your restraint, meeting Bob Geldof without vomiting all over him. I think I couldn't manage. ;)

I was thinking the same haha

Guest ronnie4you

I also have a descent income. If I am not careful, it goes down and down. I have to work at keeping it steady.

(Trust me, I make a decent amount of spelling errors myself!)

not necessarily, some may be so called ' two weeks millionaires' , myself included, LOL

Wlll then Mr Vinapu when you are being a millionaire in Thailand you can take me out and buy me a twink or two. Win/win.