gerefan

Boyz BoyZ Boyz boy Drinks

gerefan,

Are you saying that waiter drink is more expensive than gogo boy drink?

Your thread title indicate boy drinks but you bought a waiter a drink.

I know a bit trivial but I was wondering the other day why off fee for a waiter is 500B and a gogo boy 400B at Jupiter.

Jasper, I don't know if waiter drinks are more expensive than boy drinks as I only bought a waiter a drink. The check bin did say " boy drink" though.

Anyway, even if boy drinks are cheaper than a waiter drink, 450 Bt for a waiter drink is a fucking rip off.

Although I saw the check bin clearly say 450 Bt I have been wondering if I was scammed somehow. You never know with BBB as they seem to make up prices for off etc as the evening goes on.

The more I think about this I believe I was ripped off. The chit for the boy drink didn't come on the usual small white form but on a small tear off type numbered sheet.

I've decided to go in and talk to the manager tomorrow I will report further....

If I was ripped off it is even worse INHO.

If we are getting ripped off, have a bit of sympathy for the poor Chinese, many of whom turn up in organised groups. They visit for a few days and then go back to China, never to be seen again.

The bars know they won't be back so charge what they like. They also know that the Chinese probably have no idea what prices are and often are reluctant to complain. Or lack the language skills to do so.

Many farang are frequent visitors and, thanks to sites like this, know what they should be paying. Plus, culturally we have no problem complaining when we are taken for a ride by greedy businesses.

I'm glad you have decided to talk to the manager.

450 baht is a rip off.

definitely, in view that regular drink is 280 which is still high for Pattaya, 450 is rip-off and perhaps scam,

Thank you for warning, it looks that we need to ask how much is  a drink  if we are planning on treating boys or waiter with it

The more I think about this I believe I was ripped off. The chit for the boy drink didn't come on the usual small white form but on a small tear off type numbered sheet.

I've decided to go in and talk to the manager tomorrow I will report further....

If I was ripped off it is even worse INHO.

I think that you have answered your own question.

It sounds very dodgy. And outlandish price.

Good on you for following it up with management. Scammers should be called out.

Good luck with it. Waiting to hear how it goes.

I've never bought a waiter a drink and see no reason to do so in a bar like BBB. I can get all the information I want straight from the boys.

I've noticed over the past year that BBB has become increasingly greedy and money-hungry. They introduced those ping pong balls that you buy for 100 baht and throw at the boys on stage. I find that degrading. Apparently, the boys only score a few baht for each ball they manage to catch.

Thanks for that info.

Although I'd never but a waiter a drink, I'd definitely consider buying one for a boy. But at that price, he'd have to be pretty special.

Then again, I'd probably just give him the 450 baht,as I know he would much prefer that to a watered-down drink.

I wonder if 450 baht drinks is a new phenomenon, coinciding with the increase of Chinese customers. I've seen lots of them inviting boys to sit and drink. Maybe the bar is just making the best out of the fortunate situation in which they find themselves. They are simply charging what the market is willing to bear.

Before the Chinese discovered BBB, many farang would buy one drink and sit alone with it all night.

Have never been in there.   

I've sometimes seen their boys walk out onto the street whilst sat at Panorama & that has never tempted me in.

450 baht drinks ?     Well they can charge what they can get away with.  Either pay it or go elsewhere.  I shall continue to go elsewhere.

I suspect we would be even more outraged if we knew how little the boy/waiter actually got of that 450 baht - 50 baht maybe? - or less?

In context 450 baht is almost (say 500 baht) the cost of a barfine/off-fee, you can still get a short-time on Beach Road  for 500 baht.

450 baht will not only buy a drink for a boy in Good Boys but also cover the tip for sucking him off!

To me at least those sort of drink prices are making Sunne Plaza or the Jomtien Complex look even more attractive places to visit than BT?

I wonder if 450 baht drinks is a new phenomenon, coinciding with the increase of Chinese customers. I've seen lots of them inviting boys to sit and drink. Maybe the bar is just making the best out of the fortunate situation in which they find themselves.

or perhaps Chinese  don't realize they are supposed to tip boy sitting with them and bar decided to tackle that problem in such an innovative way, hence such big difference between patron's and boy's drinks.

One of my Tawan boys regularly was complaining that Chinese are not tipping when in the bar, did not complain about bad  tipping for offs though.

Time to "vote with your feet"...

no, better to vote with wallet and instead of buying boy drink it's better to slip him say 200-300 for pleasure of being close to us in the bar.

Definitely I'd not be shy to complain that's too expensive although it's mostly academic for me , usually I make my mind pretty fast and am on my way or watch the show alone and take boy after

Have never been in there.   

I've sometimes seen their boys walk out onto the street whilst sat at Panorama & that has never tempted me in.

450 baht drinks ?     Well they can charge what they can get away with.  Either pay it or go elsewhere.  I shall continue to go elsewhere.

Overall, considering quality of show and boys, I consider BBB best bar not only in Pattaya but in Thailand , perhaps because all my offs from there were at least 5 out of 5

If we are getting ripped off, have a bit of sympathy for the poor Chinese, many of whom turn up in organised groups. They visit for a few days and then go back to China, never to be seen again.

The bars know they won't be back so charge what they like. They also know that the Chinese probably have no idea what prices are and often are reluctant to complain. Or lack the language skills to do so.

Do you have details how much exactly the Chinese are ripped off?

All bars should have a menu, and when going to some place where I don't remember the drink prices from my last visit, I ask to see the menu.

No clear pricing, or someone typing a price in a pocket calculator, is a sure sign you are being scammed or overcharged.

"Do you have details how much exactly the Chinese are ripped off?"

No, I don't take a calculator into the bar!

And yes, they have a drinks menu, probably telling them that a waiter /boy drink is 450 baht. But as I said, they are short-term tourists who most probably would not be aware that 450 baht is excessive. To them, that would just be the going price.

In our case, we go from bar to bar, year after year, and so know what is excessive pricing.

Ignorance us bliss, as they say.

Thanks for highlighting high boy drinks at BBB. I would not have noticed even if they do have a menu.

But I wish to put in a different perspective. BBB may be trying a different (but shrewd) busniess model.

As far as some are concerned, if they really like a boy or waiter, 450 baht a drink could be easily overcome by the lust :) at the moment.

A smart business owner could in time review whether the new measure is good for the business; otherwise they will revert back to the old pricing policy.

And I recall in the Philippines, the bars always change higher prices for a boy drinks (presumably the boy get a higher cut). And often the boys would down their drinks very fast and ask for another one. 

As some said, you could vote with your feet. If you do not like the high price, do not go.

And I recall in the Philippines, the bars always change higher prices for a boy drinks 

so do some in Thailand but what riled some of us  is difference between regular / 280 / and boy /450/ drinks like some molestation and probing would be already included in the price

As some said, you could vote with your feet. If you do not like the high price, do not go.

or gnash your teeth , budget accordingly and pay up.

Most of us probably have few boys in mind we would be gladly sitting beside them, semi-naked in close proximity for 15 USD