gerefan

The Arabs are walking home tonight

Guest Promsak

Full details to follow but there was a massive and I Mean MASSIVE raid tonight Soi 17.

Gerefan -- soi 17 - bangkok or Pattaya?

Great news! I witnessed a smaller raid a few nights ago at the end of soi vc/17 too. The arabs have been driving like crazy again in large numbers up and down vc and soi yensabai since they came back from ramadan. Maybe the police finally decided to seriously do something to take care of this problem.

The raid hasn't stopped or calmed the the stupid young Arab motor cyclists who last evening were flying around the sois adjacent to Sunee Plaza as usual and I witnessed one of the brain dead moron's shoot right across the road in front of an SUV, swerved and crashed into a parked MoCy taxi.

The taxi guy was not happy as you can imagine.

Maybe,just maybe, they have given the Arabs a warning and will return with vengeance? TiT...

likely not until some local will be hurt of killed unfortunately.

On another hand I must have a good luck as on my few, really few,  visits to Sunee at different parts of day I never saw such a dangerous driving whole commotion is about.

Guest samebb

Well they are back. Walking to Sunee last night it was carnage. A scooter with 2 young looking arabs went into a parked car. Clearly drunk. Another mounted his bike on the raised curb and fell off knocking another over. I need to find a better route to walk. Total chaos.

Guest samebb

I'd like to know if you find a better route. It's gotten to be such motorcycle mayhem on the way to Sunee that I've been going there less than I'd like to.

I plan to find one tonight. I will report back.

Looks like the boys in brown along with Immigration police made a return visit - from Bangkok Post today: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1282766/foreign-bike-racers-arrested-in-south-pattaya

34 arrests - some fined, some taken to Immigration until they could produce their passports to show they were not on overstay -- if on overstay, most likely they will wind up at Bangkok Immigration Detention Center until they can be deported.

Ah see my post # 11 above....

I actually stay in Yensabai condo and am actively looking for other accommodation for my longer term stay (3 months) starting in. November.

Sameebb and Jimmyjoe seem to back up my suggestion, elsewhere,that they are also contributing to the lack of gay visitors and general decline of Sunee Plaza.

I am happy to report that, much to my surprise, the routes I took leading to Sunee last night were devoid of racing Arabs. A motorbike cop was on constant patrol. Many, many Arabs were cavorting about On Foot. Some on bikes but driving them cautiously (I did not think that within the realm of possibility for them).

The interesting effect I saw was the streets were full of regular pedestrians going here and three. The neighborhood got a new lease  on life.

If only we could believe the crackdown would last, because it really was effective last night, around 9-10 p.m.