reader

Booze sales banned on beach

From Pattaya Mail

PATTAYA – Beach vendors starting next month no longer will be permitted to sell alcohol.

Sanitation chief Wasinpat Chimtin on Sept. 15 informed about 50 Jomtien and Pattaya beach chair vendors of the no-alcohol rules during a briefing on the slew of new regulations put in place by the army this summer.

In addition to not being able to sell booze, vendors all must wear aprons, must operate their single plot of chairs themselves, cannot sublease to others and must bid for their plot annually in a drawing.

This is apparently being done to project a favorable image during the International Fleet Show in November.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/booze-sales-banned-beach-starting-oct-186806

I actually find more sexy if boys are somewhat dressed, skimpy briefs would do.

Complete nudity tastes better in the room than in the bar where I have impression I'm dividing my joy among  others while in the room I have boy's charms , whatever they are just for myself.   

For me the lack of alcohol on the beach would be not a problem at all. During my recent trip I tried to reduce my consumption so my daytime drink was tea and the Thai word was part of my limited vocabulary - "Cha Lawn". Unlike most of my utterances this always produced the desired beverage. Sitting on the beach in nice weather with a cooling breeze under a concession umbrella drinking a large cup of tea was one of the nicer experiences of my holiday. The lack of shade on Wednesdays and Thursdays and the absence of boys to flirt with, was a definite minus however.

One day I watched a gang of workers cleaning the beach. They removed large amounts of plastic and other debris. The general view was that Jomtien was less polluted than the Pattaya one, but I've never seen any evidence to back this up. I have swam in the sea at Dongtan over the years without ill effects but maybe I've just been lucky. The same luck maybe when I topped Boys bareback during my first couple of Pattaya trips 17 years ago, and remained healthy.