mgb

Nude in dorm room

Ok guys, that happned to me last month.

I stayed in the dorm room with a Korean guy (in Pattaya). The room is for four but at that time, only two of us stayed in. The problem is he was nude in front of me several times and i was not sure if it was a sign of him to me. I have to confess that i really felt hot seeing him like this and at least one time, I seemed out of my control. 

My question is: is nudity in the dorm room normal? (especially in the room only two men there)? I saw a notice in that hostel warning people not having sex in dorm room so i guessed that had happened there.

P/s: i stayed in dorm room a lot of time and i never face it. Guys can wear boxers or trunks but they never nude. One more thing,i thought he knew i am gay.

The problem is we rarely talked to each other and it would be super weird to say "you look good" to person you have just met. I am not shy guy and ready to take firs steps but at that time, i thought nudity was common practices among guys in Korea (and it did in not only Korea but also Japan).

Korean guy are always nude in their jimjilbang, aka sauna, even the straight ones. So maybe he is just like being nude? Or he is a nudist and exhibitionist that likes people to see them naked. Either way, until u ask, u will never know if he likes u or not.

The problem is he was nude in front of me several times and i was not sure if it was a sign of him to me.

I think most people would discretely change to their underwear, or whatever night clothes are worn.  

If he's that blatant, you should at least test him by chatting & making some positive comment when he strips off.  Or stripping off yourself, so it's obvious that you are aroused.

And people wonder well gay men get a bad press.......or, you could just leave the guy alone and let him get on with whatever it is he's doing was if it's not a gay establishment he may think nothing of walking around naked - just like in a gym shower area and we wouldn't start hitting on someone there "just in case" would we........ah, hang on, I forgot where I'm posting.....anyway, maybe just let the guy be as if he was interested I'm sure he'd of made it clear somehow without us resorting to hitting on him JUST because he happened to be walking around his on (albeit shared) dorm naked.

And people wonder well gay men get a bad press.......or, you could just leave the guy alone and let him get on with whatever it is he's doing was if it's not a gay establishment he may think nothing of walking around naked - just like in a gym shower area and we wouldn't start hitting on someone there "just in case" would we........ah, hang on, I forgot where I'm posting.....anyway, maybe just let the guy be as if he was interested I'm sure he'd of made it clear somehow without us resorting to hitting on him JUST because he happened to be walking around his on (albeit shared) dorm naked.

Even if the man is gay, doesnt mean he likes u either lol hence ud need to ask politely.

I live in Seoul..Korean Men are not shy at all...they do not care who is looking at them in the shower/dressing room. IF you think he knows your gay, well maybe he was giving you the chance to try something with him..maybe you should have said something.  Also, if he has a great body,,they love to show it off....In Japan, in a bath house/sauna, shower room, I noticed they tend to "cover" up private parts with small wash cloth all the time in shower room..(at least the several times I was in one they did)..

Ive been in a hotel sauna once in tokyo and they are not shy at all, not covering their private part. One of the guy are actually pretty hung too. But generally no one stares so after the initial shock, u dont feel shame as well.

Ok, am I the only one who doesn't understand the 'dorm room' situation - especially in Pattaya?

I was just waiting for someone to point out the obvious...

Why would anyone (except maybe for a poor myanmar boy coming to work illegally) stay in a dormitary in Pattaya where hotels and guesthouses are so cheap? Is it only for purposes like mentioned above, to see other men naked?

Why would anyone (except maybe for a poor Myanmar boy coming to work illegally) stay in a dormitory in Pattaya where hotels and guesthouses are so cheap?

Hostel dormitories are cheaper still, some people may like lifestyle as well. Lots of people around, easy to struck conversation ,being out all day etc.

I have few friends who do solo travel and prefer to stay in dorms, nice way to meet people and chat, though, as a sex tourist, weird choice of accommodation lol and vinapu alrrady mentioned, its the cheapest type of accommodation, and still have access to full bath and kitchen/common area.

I live in Seoul..Korean Men are not shy at all...they do not care who is looking at them in the shower/dressing room. IF you think he knows your gay, well maybe he was giving you the chance to try something with him..maybe you should have said something.  Also, if he has a great body,,they love to show it off....In Japan, in a bath house/sauna, shower room, I noticed they tend to "cover" up private parts with small wash cloth all the time in shower room..(at least the several times I was in one they did)..

You got the point.

I knew the "nudity culture" in Korean (and Japan) bathhouses and that's the reason to make me confused. I am not shy and ready to take first move but i was afraid to translate it in the wrong way (and gay thing is taboo topic in Korea)

Why would anyone (except maybe for a poor myanmar boy coming to work illegally) stay in a dormitary in Pattaya where hotels and guesthouses are so cheap? Is it only for purposes like mentioned above, to see other men naked?

I thought dorms were aimed at the young backpackers, doing long holidays on low budgets.  The same kind of people who do all night bus trips in sleeper buses.

I've never stayed in a dorm and never plan to, although if the dorm comes with some cute Korean walking around naked, I might just have to think about it.   

I think you missed one thing for dorm room: socializing.

I am solo traveller and dorm room is great for me (of course, according to my experience). As spoon said, staying in dorm room, you can talk to others, make friends with them, sometimes, doing crazy things together and that's fun. For me, at the age of 27 and travelling alone, i found dorm room great for socializing purposes (or at least, better than one time i stayed in Parc Citrus Hotel in South Pattaya. The hotel was great, the facilities were great but it lacked of "friendly asmosphere"). 

One more thing,i dont think dorm room only for 'poor myanmar boy coming to work illegally" because i met a lot of guys from all over the world.

You are right MGB that dorms are used by much more than just low paid workers ( in fact I doubt they're used by them at ALL as I'm sure they've even lower cost accommodation provided "somewhere".  You're also right about the social element to hostels as if solo travelling ( and young as you are) they ARE a great way to interact with people of roughly the same age as you who may have similar interests and you can end up all joining up and heading out of an evening in company together even possibly ( which when travelling alone can be much safer, so there are for sure benefits there.

For some of the mature members of the board a hostel may not ( definitely would not !) suit so well perhaps as it IS shared accommodation and usually also a shared toilet and shower room etc which needless to say would seriously curtail any sexual activity ( or at least it SHOULD if you've any basic public decency and consideration for the other guests :-)

Actually I'm 49 and just this week for the first time I seriously considered booking two bunks for my BF and I in a four bed hostel room in Soho in London. This was simply a matter of location ( hostels are usually located in or very close to the most sought after locations in most Cities) and also as I know we'd be out partying with friends I know we wouldn't be getting back until 4am or after and then we'd be up and out again around 9am so I was damned if I was going to spend upwards of £250+ as all and any hotels in that area were charging simply to "sleep" for a few hours - maybe for a nice relaxing weekend spa break perhaps - but for 5 hours sleep - no, I'd rather pay a quarter of the price ( the hosel was £22 each) and then blow that saved money when out and about in London when just there for one night "on the piss" and I'm guessing the same logic applies in Pattaya.

So, whilst I'm guessing hostels aren't for the majority of us here 99% of the time I certainly wouldn't ever rule them out anymore ( as they're MUCH better then they used to be !) simply "because" they're a hostel - horses for courses and all that. 

Guest abang1961

Well I've done more than flashing my smooth arse around but wonder whether it's appropriate for dorms...Perhaps, next time...

AHHHHH this takes me back to when I was 26yo and making my 6 month Tour of Europe. (I am an American)

I certainly stayed mostly in Youth Hostels.

And I managed to "meet" several like minded guys in the Hostel.

BUT not easy to have sex in a shared room....

mgb you were most lucky!! Too bad you did not get to find out!!