2018 Bar Tips Poll Results

Without additionally fanning the flames here (paborn - you make some good points, and of course this is also based on personal opinion) - I would like to point out that apart from delivering a fantastic looking exterior, so far we have had nothing but generally good reports from Moonlight model offs, Fluke, Nicky, and even York. Good attitude, good service, no rushing etc. My expat friend has a female acquaintance who pays a staggering amount to off Tam, so I suppose this is what you term the “niche”. But obviously she is happy, because he certainly goes above and beyond for her from what I hear. With this type of service coupled with their looks, how can you say they do not bring “real value”? It seems to me this is exactly the type of value customers are looking for and if you have to pay a premium, fair enough.

Compared to a 1500 short time off who may be cheap and cute but fail to deliver, as we have all personally experienced at one time or another.

Hank, I'm going to damp the flames since I won't be responding anymore. But, please understand I never said they did not bring value to those in that niche market. Of course, they do and the marketing is brilliant. But, there is no intrinsic value to them only perceived value to those who admire them.

Do you know that diamonds are of NO value? They are extremely plentiful but the diamond cartel keeps the supply low and markets the hell out of them. 

Hank, I'm going to damp the flames since I won't be responding anymore. But, please understand I never said they did not bring value to those in that niche market. Of course, they do and the marketing is brilliant. But, there is no intrinsic value to them only perceived value to those who admire them.

Do you know that diamonds are of NO value? They are extremely plentiful but the diamond cartel keeps the supply low and markets the hell out of them.

Ok i understand you, and while this is where I would beg to differ...in my mind, great service + great looks is where “perceived value” has now most definitely turned into “real value”, precisely the type of value I go looking for in bars.

But having been dragged into a cyclical argument on another thread before I can certainly understand why you would like to bow out now and spend your forum time more productively.

OK, for you one more point. I agree with you. What I mean by perception is that it is perceived by the market segment. A true muscle lover would not even consider the twinks of Sunee Plaza - but, their admirers perceive them very differently.

All I'm saying is there is no intrinsic value divorced from those who are receiving it.  I like. the slim but toned boy next store guys. Bithe the muscles of Jupiter and the scrawny twinks of Sunee have no value - TO ME. Only to those who like them.

The basic, inescapable fact is that there is no universal type - well maybe Colton Haynes or Ryan Phillipe but maybe not. That could just be MY perception.

On the other hand, a Mr. Tam can value himself all he wants you have to be willing to pay it and a niche group is - the vast majority has shown in the polls are not.

The majority of poll participants prefer twinks.  It is quite possible that this is purely because we did the poll on a Thai forum & Thailand is a good place to go for smaller twinky types.  The people who like muscle guys might be traveling to Brazil, eastern Europe or wherever.

On the BoyToy.com, most of the pictures posted by other members are of larger more muscular guys.

Of course, they do and the marketing is brilliant. But, there is no intrinsic value to them only perceived value to those who admire them.

Sounds like you are a Warren Buffet fan & he's a good one to learn from. (Along with a long list of other gurus) However, the ideas might be more applicable to your finances than bars.

As far as I know, the whole topic of offing guys and tipping them is driven by perception.

Most of us could all have perfectly satisfactory sex with people in our own age group & pay absolutely nothing for it.

However there is a perception problem. We might not find such partners to be attractive.

Exactly right. Most of us choose Thailand because we prefer twinks and there are plenty of gay Thais who manage to stay "twinks" into their thirties. Two of my regular visitors are 34 and 32 respectively and in the UK would pass for guys who are in their early to  mid-twenties.

Well, of course. The bar poll was on Gay Bars in Thailand. I thought that part was obvious.

As far as I know, the whole topic of offing guys and tipping them is driven by perception.

Most of us could all have perfectly satisfactory sex with people in our own age group & pay absolutely nothing for it.

However there is a perception problem. We might not find such partners to be attractive.

Is that not precisely what I have been saying?  By the way, not to start another issue, but "perfectly satisfactory" in a line about not finding a group attractive is pushing it a bit.

Hank, I'm going to damp the flames since I won't be responding anymore.

Is that not precisely what I have been saying?  By the way, not to start another issue, but "perfectly satisfactory" in a line about not finding a group attractive is pushing it a bit.

don't you have some Black Friday shopping to do ?