12is12

pre-BKK Newbie Tutorial I - Boys' Bars Info

After initiating 9 threads and pouring questions ad nauseam, it’s time to start giving back. Below is a concentration and summary of what I’ve gleaned from blog, forums, posts and PMs. Hope this might be useful for pre-BKK newbies like me. This isn’t a definitive tutorial, but rather what I understand to be useful info for me.

Quotation marks aren’t associated with contributors. Sorry about that; the idea of publishing my tutorial came to me too late for researching footnotes. Kudos go to: vinapu, drimvoiz, ggobbk, macaroni, divinemadman, spoon, patanawet, jasper, gerefen, boy69, z909, zoomy02, and others unmentioned. I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENT GENEROUSITY, AND FOR MAKING MY UPCOMING VISIT THAT MUCH BETTER.   (-:    

“Before you go exploring gogo/off bars, why not go for an early drink and maybe meal in Silom Soi 4 – the gay soi – to soak up some of the atmosphere and meet someone to ask their experiences. Balcony Pub opens at 5.30 pm (but is quiet till about 8 then very busy by 10 for their free show at 10:45 with Coyote boys and cabaret). Connection, Welcome and Telephone Pub – all on the same soi – have similar opening times and prices.”

Bar explainer on ShamelessMack’s blog: https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/bar-glossary/

Bar rates: entry/drink – 350; tip boy for short sit-down – 150; tip for mamasans – 100 (only if they helped and weren’t pesty); off – 500 (maybe less); tip for ST (Short Term 45-90 minutes) – 1500-2000 (more toward 2000).

Jupiter and Moonlight consider themselves and/or really are “classy” (e.g. boy “models” and their shows may be “the best”) and are more expensive: entry for Jupiter is 500; drink in Moonlight is 450. Maybe so is Tawan because of the “muscle hunks” there, but “many of the hotter guys that worked there have apparently moved on to Jupiter and Moonlight”.

The main batch of regular (i.e. not "classy") bars close together is (in apparent order of popularity): Lucky Boys, Screw Boys (“badgering mamasans”), Fresh Boys, Dream Boys, and maybe Banana Boys (“very crowded benches”). Southward are Tawan, Nature Boy, Golden Cock, Hotmale (apparently already “tired”). “In Lucky, Screw and Banana boys are more engaging. In Dream, Jupiter  and Moonlight guys are less engaging but hotter.”

Apparently “Tawan , Screw, Golden Cock and Nature are more adventurous (allowing wild patron-boy action while seating); Dream, Moonlight, Hotmale, Jupiter – not so”

Mamasans can be helpful in finding the right boy for you, but they might also have ulterior motives including tips for themselves. Don’t let them badger you into sitting with them. Mamasans recommended for reliablility: Neung at Jupiter and Emmy at Moonlight.

“For offing a guy, Monday night is the night you'll have the least amount of competition. Weekend nights bars are crowded.” 

“Babylon. 5-9 PM on Saturdays and Sundays are the best time to be there.” 

Edited by 12is12
font size

15 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Jupiter and Moonlight consider themselves and/or really are “classy” (e.g. boy “models” and their shows may be “the best”) and are more expensive: entry for Jupiter is 500; drink in Moonlight is 450.  

Jupiter entrance fee is 400.

1 hour ago, alex303 said:

don't expect that every guy you come across will want to engage in 'wild patron-boy' action inside the bar.......

wise words

I'd advice to employ  general rule to engage in graphic interaction in the bar only if a guy actually initiates it by lowering his briefs for example or placing one's hand THERE.