Jasper

Police raided VCK 27 Dec 2019

1 hour ago, Tintinx said:

My thoughts exactly. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology!

at end of day it may turn not to be so fantastic, day may come when we will be departing Thailand and officer will tell  us ' o, I can see you engaged  three guys from grindr, two from Blued and one from PlanetRomeo, you visited Sauna Mania on Friday at time of their show / orgy and on Saturday you left Jupiter with a guy who at later hour was seen entering Tarntawan with you and leaving alone only 8 hours later. I'm not sure  all this is aligning well with our government  policy so please wait here ". Day or two later when we arrive in our country after of course forced to buy another ticket because we missed flight in BKK, the same sentence will be repeated with warning about soliciting prostitution being illegal un der universal jurisdiction and you will be informed about court date by  the registered mail. 

If you think it's fantasy , read about Chinese being denied purchase of train ticket etc. because of previous infractions.

Sometimes I think it's nice to be of certain age as it affords us more hope we won't live long enough to see it implemented , all to our applaud.

13 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

........ if you really want to be careful your departure card.

good you mentioned that.

Isn't if fascinating that on one hand they can retrieve out picture taken at the airport in their phones  but on another hand we are still required to file slip of paper to enter great countries of Thailand , Canada ,  USA and many others

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

good you mentioned that.

Isn't if fascinating that on one hand they can retrieve out picture taken at the airport in their phones  but on another hand we are still required to file slip of paper to enter great countries of Thailand , Canada ,  USA and many others

In both Canada and USA you don't need to fill in the paper form. You can enter the details at a kiosk in immigration area. On flights to Canada, some airlines don't even give you the paper forms anymore. 

In USA, I was in transit at Newark (but still had to go through Immigration) and in Canada, landed in Vancouver. This was in Sept of this year. At least that was my  experience at these 2 airports

If you have an ESTA, you no longer have to fill in a paper form. Sometimes the airline think you do but US DHS confirm you don't need it. 

PS. If you are going to JFK, a great way is BA from LCY. A318, which stops in Shannon to refuel, and you go through US immigration there. Takes 2 mins, and they are friendly. Only downside is it is a Business Class flight, and a bit longer, but I am still using up Air Miles! A lot more relaxingbthan the line at JFK which can be 2 hours.

Entering the US via San Francisco, I use the mobile passport app, a few keystrokes as I'm exiting the plane, usually no line, show my phone and say hello and off to pick up my luggage, if I have any.  Trip in October, total time from plane to exiting immigration and customs was about ten minutes.  Paper never entered into the process.

8 hours ago, Jasper said:

UK scrapped landing card for all passengers last year.

The use of eGate also extended to US, Canada, Singapore and few other countries.

The government of Thailand has announced that they plan to do away with the paper arrival/departure card.  No time table.  Not holding my breath on that one.

12 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Entering the US via San Francisco, I use the mobile passport app, a few keystrokes as I'm exiting the plane, usually no line, show my phone and say hello and off to pick up my luggage, if I have any.  Trip in October, total time from plane to exiting immigration and customs was about ten minutes.  Paper never entered into the process.

Great information. I will set this up for my trip next February. I see it can be on either a Mobile Phone or a Tablet.

NOTE -- Massage shops aren't the only targets of immigration police.

Excerpted from the Daily Mail

Olympic cyclist arrested in a Thai gym and forced to spend four nights in filthy jail after police receive tip-off he was working without a permit

An Olympic cyclist spent four days in hell after he was arrested in a Thai gym and held in a filthy immigration detention centre.

Marc Ryan, 37, who has two Olympic bronze medals for New Zealand under his belt, was arrested earlier this month at a gym in Bangkok.

Police alleged Ryan had been working illegally at the Bangkok Get Fit cycling studio after being tipped off that foreign coaches were working without the proper visas. 

The cyclist was then forced to sleep on the floor of a crowded detention centre with nearly a hundred other people for days - fearing he would never return home.

Ryan had moved to Thailand two years ago and held a working visa.

But after changing jobs, Ryan had to apply for a different visa and had stopped working between August and October while the application was processed - but authorities believed he was working illegally. 

Ryan then faced a court hearing, pleading guilty as he had featured on marketing campaigns for the company.

He was fined NZ$250 (bht 5,026) and was due to return to New Zealand but learnt he had to spend another two nights in the detention centre.

The 37-year-old is able to return to the country but says he's in no rush.

During his time at the gym, Ryan trained professional cyclists as well as running fitness classes.

The 37-year-old is able to return to the country but says he's in no rush.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7832371/Olympic-cyclist-Marc-Ryan-held-detention-centre-four-days-work-visa.html