Guest guest_BenG1000

W Hotel

16 hours ago, BenG1000 said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone stayed at W Hotel before? What are your thoughts and ... is it joiner friendly?

Thank you!

All the Hotels in Pattaya are joiner freindly but the high-end ones might charge joiner fee ,you have to check before booking what is their policy .

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

even better sea view than from Classrooms , Pattayaland soi 2

It's a close run thing.......... (Photo below from my balcony Jan 2015).   

The Classrooms does accept joiners.  One of my favourite lads realized he could walk on the balcony naked, as the retaining wall was just high enough.  

P4010365.JPG

Z909

That picture taken from the Classroom balcony is torturing me, in excise in dark cold locked down England. What I see is sunshine and blue sky and a view of the darker blue of the warm tropical sea. Worst of all you mention you mention a naked boyfriend walking on the balcony. A sign I see reads “short time long time” - Anytime with a Pattaya boy would would would be heaven for me just now !.

Travellerdave

We can now apply for an ordinary Tourist Visa and a Certificate of Entry.  

The downside is 15 nights quarantine.   Quarantine ought to be tolerable for any retired person intending to stay for a few months.   Even employees working from a laptop might consider it, as long as they make sure the hotel wifi is suitable.  Work during quarantine, then start the holiday at 6:00 am on day 16.

19 hours ago, BenG1000 said:

Thanks for the replies guys but was thinking of W Bangkok

OH!! We were all looking for a W Hotel in Pattaya... Only found the W Tower which appears to be a Condo. Is it also part of the Hi-So W Chain??

Guest guest_BenG1000

It sure is! Looks very nice and apparently they have (or used to have) a monthly gay party? Just not sure if they allow joiners.

I'm thinking of staying there as soon as I can travel again. 

On 11/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, BenG1000 said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone stayed at W Hotel before? What are your thoughts and ... is it joiner friendly?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, BenG1000 said:

It sure is! Looks very nice and apparently they have (or used to have) a monthly gay party? Just not sure if they allow joiners.

I'm thinking of staying there as soon as I can travel again. 

I'm not sure if the monthly gay party is still on, didn't they even have a gay Wednesday evening at the bar? I guess it would be easy to find out as it's a 3 minute walk from my home, but too lazy haha

Anyway, they are sure  still extremely gay friendly, since they will be hosting the (much smaller due to lack of foreigners) White Party Bangkok for NYE this year. Doesn't get more gay than that ;) 

Don't know about joiners, but my hunch is that it's no problem at all. I haven't stayed there, only been only to a room once for a private party.

I know of 4 ways of dealing with the joiner issue:

1   Check on gay forums

2   Check for lists of (usually straight) joiner friendly hotels and assume there is no discrimination against gays

3   Find the hotel e-mail address and ask them

4   Just take a risk and book anyway (after reading key terms)

I have used all 4 methods.   If staying in a city known to have good availability of boys, I might e-mail the hotel.   

In one case in Phnom Penh, I did that & they mentioned joiners are welcome with an extra charge.      I said since I'm booking a room for 2,  I'll book the room if you remove the joiner charge and this worked.

Also, if the T&C do not have any specific clauses about joiners and I'm paying for 2 people, I would be prepared to challenge any joiner charge.    I've not needed to so far.

I would have thought joiners are almost expected in Pattaya. 

Guest guest_BenG1000

Perfect, great advice!

Once I have more of an idea about dates (I'm silently hoping March/April), I'll put on by big boys pants and flick them an email to be sure.

Vinapu - that’s a very depressing question !

As to z909’s advice about the joiner issue. I have seldom had a problem with this. In Pattaya I stay in known gay friendly hotels, but on several occasions in Bangkok when just walking in looking for a room I have asked about joiners and in addition stated that I am gay and my joiners will be male. 

5 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Vinapu - that’s a very depressing question !

it is , in March I was kind of sure that by Oct or the latest November we will be back on track.

Now when there are some dim lights in tunnel but still plenty of unknown I switched my mood to pessimistic. I rather expect the worse and have nice surprise then have my expectations deflated like above.

Although I have never stayed at the posh W hotel in BKK, it has been mentioned several times as gay friendly (as are most high-end hotels in Silom/Sathon). It is almost in the same league as the nearby trendy Sofitel So (which is very gay and popular among the local high-so gay guys). You are unlikely to face any issues bringing a local guy to your room at the W - I suppose it happens all the time at these hotels and the staff will mind their own business (but would obviously prefer that you do it discreetly). Most high-end hotels in BKK do not charge a joiners fee; book the room for 2 persons and you will be fine.

Guest guest_BenG1000

Well I contacted the hotel and this was their response: (woop woop, I'm excited!)

Hello Mr. Ben,

Greetings from W Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind interest in our WOW/EWOW Suites.

W Bangkok does not charge any extra fee for joiners. However, every guest who is styaing over is required to registered for security and verification purposes. The maximum number of registered guests are 3: the first 2 are for free and THB 1,177 net/night applied for 3rd person.

For a private party, we do have the below option, additionally from the room charge, for your consideration:

Bring on the Feast

Add THB 35,000++ to have your squad over for a perfect get-together with essentials.

• 4 bottles of Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne
  • 3 bottles of premium spirits (vodka, gin, whisky, rum)
  • Free flow mixers and ice
  • 1 snack platter
  • 2-hour private mixologist
  • 2-hour private DJ
  •  

Terms and conditions:

-       Pre-payment is required in full, 24-hours prior to check-in date

-       Only registered guests with maximum of 3 persons may occupy the suite overnight

-       Maximum capacity of 12 persons in the suite prior to midnight

-       Music and noise volumes should be kept at respectful levels and non-disruptive to other guests

If there is anything I could assist, please feel free to let me know. 24/7…Just Ask!

All the best,

On 11/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, BenG1000 said:

It sure is! Looks very nice and apparently they have (or used to have) a monthly gay party?

Im not sure if the gay weekly drinks events are still happening. I went twice and frankly would not recommend them. Very few attended. Two or three small groups of Thais all stayed at their own tables with their own friends, and a few farang. Neither group mixed.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, BenG1000 said:
W Bangkok does not charge any extra fee for joiners. However, every guest who is styaing over is required to registered for security and verification purposes. The maximum number of registered guests are 3: the first 2 are for free and THB 1,177 net/night applied for 3rd person.

Overall, their response seems very good, including the number of people in the suite.

However, I'd want to be sure on how they count the number of registered guests before the charge kicks in.      If this resets on a daily basis, so the charge applies to the third person per day, that would be OK.    If they count from the time you check in to the time you check out, staying a week means paying the charge quite a few times.

The one other downside of registering guests, is if anyone shows up without an ID card, they cannot come to your room.    Obviously it's wise to check ID cards for any younger visitors, but if someone who I already know or is clearly well over 18 arrives,  I wouldn't want the lack of an ID card to be a barrier.

I've been there a few times. It's a really great hotel and sometimes you can get a bargain rate if you book the night before. The clientele is mostly young and mostly straight but there are quite a few gay couples as well. It's also upscale, which might make the walk to the elevator uncomfortable if you're with a one-night stand. But it is also no problem, and no one will ask if both of you have already checked in.

14 hours ago, BiggusDikkus said:

By the way, I keep wishing I could go to this New Year's event

Thailand is processing tourist visas now.   Just remember all the paperwork and arrive by 15 Dec in order to be released from quarantine in good time.