Ojibear

Call Me By Your Name

• Members

The sequel to CMBYN was published 8 months ago but I just read it now. Find Me. It is not in 1st person Elio narration. The 15-year and 20-year epilogues were woven in reasonably well but what seemed a little strange is that Aciman departed from the initial base time frames, ie, summer of love ‘83 (consistent with track song Lady Lady Lady in the film). 

Unless this was unintentional or missed by editors the only reasons I could think of were to somewhat reference modern mobile phone etiquette (as in one passage) or to bypass the height of the AIDS epidemic. The initial Italian summer was referenced as having been a few decades back from the latest historical time point in the new novel but would essentially have been in the 21st century as opposed to the New Wave era. 

My sense is that the book cannot be easily coaxed into a screenplay that would have sufficient coherence with its predecessor or the ages of the film actors playing the characters featured in both books. 

• Members

Find Me covers a lot more ground than CMBYN.

××××××××××    SPOILER.   xxxxxxxxx

Did you notice the part in Cadenza where Michile wets his mouth with wine and Elio needs to figure out where to set the bottle down, so he sets it on the floor?

Edited by Pete1111

• Members
18 hours ago, Pete1111 said:

Analingus.

Hahaha, you can obviously see past subtlety ... the things you can do with a vintage Calvados. I wonder if it was apple or pear, extending the previous orchard peach motif. It reminds me of the Brazilian stud this past March who must douche with Gatorade. He tasted like an Oklahoma State Fair all-day pinwheel lollipop. 

• Members

E just existing on a bleak November day between conservatory seminars, never having relinquished his beret penchant, and having the requisite nosebleed icepack on hand ... O trying to put on a happy front lecturing in Classics ... while both in miserable yearning for reconnection. 

443582F0-B45C-42E5-8E03-5FEF55C055CC.jpeg

94522F99-1457-44EC-908F-6C2C27DE3F02.jpeg

Edited by Riobard