• Members

Thanks for the reports @young11.  Appreciate that you took the time. 

The way to deal with bad performance in a sauna? I just forget about it and hire another one until I find a good one. It is so cheap anyway...

It seems you have a lot of good repeats, once you found a good guy, you stick with him, I totally approve. There is a lot of choice, but you need to find the diamonds among the emeralds  

What is a karata guy?

• Members

Great report @young11.  When I meet a bad performer, I certainly always express my dissatisfaction to him (on Google translate if he doesn't speak English).  One such guy volunteered to lower his price by 20R.  But I agree with you, why even pay more than half of the original price when he cannot perform, so far I just haven't bothered to argue or make a big deal out of it.

• Members
3 hours ago, redxs said:

what's the current prices to offer in saunas in rio? and do the prices change during the week / time of day?

how much to offer to take boy home overnight?

This question has been asked and debated so many times here.  I'd suggest that you check out this info. via the most recent posts which are in the archives. 

For the longest time, about a decade, the base fee was R$50; then it advanced to R$75/80.  Now, from my having read previous fee reports, the base fee is R$100 which is NOT much in dollars, and from what others have posted in the past, an overnight can range from R$150 to R$250.  

I'd advise that you know the exchange rate, R$ vs US dollars as well.  I write this because R$100 is not that much money; thus why bargain?

I also write that because when the fee was R$50 and upwards-- I did NOT spend time trying to get the guy to lower his price, for I knew the going rate based on guidance I'd gotten from guys at that time who wrote about their trips at www.daddysreviews.com where the sauna scene in Brasil was initially introduced and written about for many a year as well as til this day! 

• Members
15 hours ago, redxs said:

what's the current prices to offer in saunas in rio? and do the prices change during the week / time of day?

how much to offer to take boy home overnight?

Going rate for locals is never above R$70. Gringo's going rate fluctuates between R$100 to R$200 depending on how much of the "small brain" is being used.

So the standard rules is:

Do not ask the price to the GP...instead make them an offer. Everybody will accept R$100 and promising them a R$20 tip if they're good, will secure the deal 99.997% of the times (keep in mind that what you pay is NOT proportional to what you get...if they accept a price they will still perform good if the GP is good, or bad if it is bad)...if they ask more say "no thanks". They will come back 20 seconds later telling you that it is fine.

Remember that these guys are there for work, they do have their real friends, they're probably engaged to their boyfriend or are probably married to a woman and already have 1 or 2 childs at their age. So DO NOT believe to the "you buy me a pair of Nike shoes, I am your boyfriend" kind of bullshit, since (except for some exceptional cases) it doesn't work and has never worked since the beginning of the saunas existance and it never will.

At the same time, for the same reasons...do not lowball.

• Members

I don't understand why the thread is turning to a discussion of rates again. It is a travel report.Rate questions belong in another thread. In fact, there are many of them to choose from.

This forum has long been the best of Boytoy, but I sense a decline. Where is tomcal? We need him

• Members
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

I don't understand why the thread is turning to a discussion of rates again. It is a travel report.Rate questions belong in another thread. In fact, there are many of them to choose from.

This forum has long been the best of Boytoy, but I sense a decline. Where is tomcal? We need him

It’s @redxs‘s question. He doesn’t seem to read the posts he is replying to. Or any long post. If he did read, he would have realised his first question is answered multiple times. 

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

He's in Brasil....in love I think ;-)

• Members
1 hour ago, Tartegogo said:

It’s @redxs‘s question. He doesn’t seem to read the posts he is replying to. Or any long post. If he did read, he would have realised his first question is answered multiple times. 

Yep. 

I don't have problems to reply, but at least make a quick search. I guess that the same thing I wrote here in this topic, has been reported in the last 3 months by at least 5 different users, including tomcal and Tartegogo. 

• Members

Well I do have different data which is probably influenced by the difference in the people we know. I shouldn't have used "never more than R$70" in the previous post, since it's kinda of extreme, but 70/80 it's pretty common for locals from what i've seen and been told.

Just pay attention to the "payments" made inside the locker room, (or just ask more locals or a GP who you know and "trust" well). Over R$100 for locals is a LOT. At least in RJ.

I'm not taking tips or drinks in account of course.

Anyway there's no problem and that's just some useless information I've provided...you will never be able to pay R$70 as a gringo (and you should not) who visits saunas 5/6 days every 3/4 months. :D

• Members
17 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Sorry guys, I do read through the forums and post occasionally. I know this is a regular question but couldn't see a recent answer.

Found answers but were 12 months +.

3 hours ago, redxs said:

Sorry guys, I do read through the forums and post occasionally. I know this is a regular question but couldn't see a recent answer.

Found answers but were 12 months +.

I just posted rates from my Rio trip within the last month....the prices haven't changed all that much in the last few years

There is the standard rate that will differ a little bit based on who you are and who the guys...

How much he is in demand, how attractive you are...or how attractive he thinks you are....How often you tend to do to the saunas and pay boys

• Members

Badboy is right, I've seen him writing about the relativity of the rates many times before but some people want to believe there are set rules. The way you look might be more important than where you are from, if the boy is in high demand he will not lower the price for anybody since he is positive he will be fully booked (in Rio, Fernando is a good example for his regularity, but there are others on occasion). In Sao Paulo's Lagoa is a lot more complicated, over there foreigners and Brazilian from other states are the least desirable customers! The very rich people from the city (paulistas) are the gold standard, because the repeated business, the fringe benefits and the possibility of landing a house-boy position or daddy situation, of course I'm talking about the model types (not available in Rio). Trying to figure them out takes times (and visits) and is not attainable for 99% of users of this forum (myself included). 

2 hours ago, Walker said:

Not true...Many discussions regarding the going rate in the recent months.

Some people just dont bother to read and just want to ask the same questions over and over and over again...

At this point, Im no longer answering the same shit I have answered frequently throughout my posts on my personal adventures....

• Members

Some people feel more comfortable blaming a possible high fee on the fact they are foreigners and not the way they look. If you are grossly overnight or if you look like you don't take care of yourself, you gonna pay more, even if you are a Brazilian. Also if you look like a newbie you are likely taken advantage of, in Rio's case. In Sao Paulo is even worse, if you are a newbie looking for the pretty boy that caught your fancy, he won't even look at you, they only make eye contact with people they already know, for them aloofness is an art form that they practice like nobody I ever seen. An explanation about why there are models in Sao Paulo but not in Rio: SP is a model city, the Brazilian fashion industry is concentrated in Sao Paulo and also the advertising industry, about 90% of it, also happens in the city, and when they are between jobs or have some outstanding bills to pay, they do what (many) models do. That said, I use to be a big fan but was disappointed the last 2 times I was there, one was the last night before NYEve and another was like 8 months before, I don't go that often so I don't know if happened  to be off nights or the glory days are gone for good. Some people on this forum seems to go more regularly, so let's hear from them. 

• Members

Since this has turned into a discussion of fees, I'll just mention that I was usually quoted between 100 and 120 at Club 117 last year (April), and sometimes guys wanted more if I wanted them to cum. At Pointe 202, I visited on a dead night, but there was still a cute guy there. He hesitated, and then quoted me 70 (in a whisper), telling me the garotos were told by the management that they were not supposed to ask for less than 120.

• Members
9 hours ago, Walker said:

Do you really believe everything garotos tell you?

No, I was just reporting something said by a young guy, maybe 19 years old. I thought it was interesting that he opened with a quote of 70 and said he would take it raw. I didn't say I believed him.

FWIW, I also don't disbelieve him. He actually pointed to the person at the front (the doorman) when he relayed that info, not the owner. I do think it's possible that there's an unwritten code shared by the guys to keep the prices up, and the people who work there might be invested in that as well. Nobody wants to be the bottom of the barrel place where only the trashiest/most desperate guys go. There were only 5 guys working there that night, and two of them were the massage guys. One was the craziest garoto in town, with insanely overgrown pecs and (lopsided) shoulders and biceps, completely bizarre looking. I believe he injects veterinary steroids (and lol, I believe this because another garoto told me, so yes...I do believe at least some of the things they tell me ;)). It seems the fortunes of Point 202 have changed and they are now hot again on Wednesdays.