numazu

A Newbie's First Time in Brazil

My hotel was always in Sao Conrado and I think one way was about 50 R. I think a reasonable price to pay. I much preferred the area at Sao Conrado as it was quiet, Fashion mall was there and the hotel had a great pool. But, the trip to the saunas sucked. 29R sounds reasonable and Uber is the way to go.  Tomcal, our official Rio dude, says he uses them often.  I use it in Bangkok as well and they always follow the route.  It can be a bit scary in a new place as I remember my first time to Meio Mundo and I thought I was in the wrong place forever. 

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

I got the usual reaction of shock or disbelief.  The word “Chines” always is uttered, presumably because I look somewhat Chinese, even if my heritage is not Chinese.

Interesting.  Someone told me that most Brazilians say Japanese when they see Asians. 

1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

I had an ex who was Brazilian and part Japanese.  At one point, Brazil had the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

It still does!  Wikipedia: The first Japanese immigrants arrived in Brazil in 1908. Brazil is home to the largest Japanese population outside Japan. According to the IBGE, as of 2009 there were approximately 1.6 million people of Japanese descent in Brazil,

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

Just generic Asian face ;-)

HAHA yup floridarob. Thanks for remembering that I have generic asian face. People still can't figure out where I am from.

2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

It still does!  Wikipedia: The first Japanese immigrants arrived in Brazil in 1908. Brazil is home to the largest Japanese population outside Japan. According to the IBGE, as of 2009 there were approximately 1.6 million people of Japanese descent in Brazil,

Yeah I remember going to Liberdade in Sao Paulo, the Japantown. It was fairly memorable, and sushi was pretty awesome!

IMG_7375-2.thumb.jpg.2c7c9f79f1130de8011131c129609b49.jpg

3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I had an ex who was Brazilian and part Japanese.  At one point, Brazil had the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

This reminds me of the superb reality show on Netflix called Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City.  One of the cast members (Hikaru Ota, 18 years old in the series) is half-Japanese, half-Brazilian, and was born in Brazil. Super gorgeous guy:

lTpDTiPIrzsF7mVVoPSEAEBe3-1y9Er8-C8oIGEKG70.jpg.5d084f562aafabd6bbcfc8258900b5d7.jpg

13 hours ago, Riobard said:

... but then Bruno sees you headed to 117, not 98, jumps out of the Chevy, proclaims he is horny as hell, and you both check into Alameda where you fuck like animals before you get into 117 for your 1st "paid" encounter?

Haha I wish. Bruno was indeed super hot and I would not have refused him if he did this.  But alas, off he went to his next fare, and me off to the sauna.

16 hours ago, IceMan said:

Enjoying the report. I love the heavy on details.  Keep it coming.

Thanks for liking the details. It's the only way I know how to write these things.  More to come for sure.

16 hours ago, MC said:

That is the best way to get to 117.  It is a bit of a trek but worth it.  Or, was it?

Hehehe. I guess you will find out soon.

if you walk through the bar area to the back to the left side of the stage through 2 doors you are in outdoor smoking patio, where a majority of the guys hang out, not because they are smokers but because it is not freezing cold like the bar/stage area is, and the music column is way down compared to the main room!! it is not really a outdoor area, it is like a big tent with walls on 3 sides and enclosed by canvas on the 4th side with several big fans and opening to the outside air at the top edges.

• Members

I noticed this year that some of the working guys bleach their hair temporarily for New Years (white garments have significance as well), or Carnival. Even the notorious Fernando. It either grows out quickly if short and is buzzed off, or some dye it back dark soon after. 

• Members

The speedo or briefs really narrows it down ;) ... Max (sauna handle), Thiago, Reinaldo from Parana state, Djalma who recently returned, tall Wesley from Ceara state, and your guy I recognize from description but who's the one bathing beauty with whom I have not interacted (yet) and whose name escapes me. Maybe next time I am back. I am curious as hell and the build-up is suspensefully erotic, even if he is a dud!

• Members
On 2/12/2018 at 11:01 PM, numazu1 said:

Awesome! I'm glad to find proof that my recommendation actually helped someone! I'm staying in one of those apartments again next month. They offered me a repeat-customer discount.

• Members
2 hours ago, numazu1 said:

Part 3 of 4: Climbing Corcovado

He shows it to me and it was google translate, asking how long I was going to be here. I take the phone from him and tell him that it was my last night.

The night is not done, as I made some mistakes… next.

I am a bullshitter when routinely asked that seemingly inocuous question ... "I am in Rio indefinitely", as I swoon and gaze into their sexy puppy-dog eyes. After all, we are to be married ;) It has never compromised anything. I have never had a bad experience over several months and dozens of GPs cumulatively.

The erotic descriptions are fun to read. Hope you had a safe Corcovado descent.