Guest parisrio2000

Why So Few White Guys at the Saunas

Guest parisrio2000

I like young white bodybuilders (or even just very fit young white guys) and there aren't any at any of the saunas, including 117. This is very frustrating for me. There always used to be at least a couple of regulars who were white, like 10 yrs ago, but that's no longer the case. Anyone know why?

I understand the socioeconomic situation in Brazil may have something to do with the very low % of white guys who end up working in the saunas, but there used to be at least a couple or so, now there are none. You see plenty of hot white locals in Ipanema and Leblon but they're not for pay.

not sure where you were looking in 117 but i know at least a 1/2 Dozen that work there regularly! for sure every Tues night and usually Sundays as well, 2 are Dirty blonde color, 2 lighter blondes and two that are brownish blonde. One thing about 117 is you can find Black/brown/white and everything in between(except Asians) although back in 2002 at Estacio there was a 1/2 Japanese 1/2 Brazilian Indian that looked like a 100% japanese except for darker skin, and had was of the biggest thickest dicks i ever saw!!

• Members

I agree. 

Need glasses Paris? Yesterday there were at least 7 white gymaholics below 25yr old. 

All of the past week at 117, the black guys weren't more than the 15% of the total, with the remaining part equally split between whites and mulattos.

Same thing the third week of Feb, same as the last of Jan, same of the last of Nov 2017....and so on. 

BTW... Socioeconômicas haven't changed. There are guys who come to 117 to buy food and keep the family together. There are guys who come to buy things like iPhone X and other expensive imported products.

(usually the black ones on 117 fall in the 1st cat.) 

• Members

Blacks are rare at 202 (some nights none), and there are quite a few whites. At Lagoa, some nights, whites are a majority and Asians, surprisingly, only one or none, despite SP having the biggest Japanese population outside Japan. Maybe by whites you are meaning Scandinavians, yes, they are far and between.

The observation of Likeohmygod that garotos work at the saunas with complete disparate finalities is right on the mark and is a significant contribution to understand the boys themselves and help patrons deal appropriately with widely different aspirations, when most contributors of this forum tend to generalize everything believing that's the way to go when in a foreign country/culture. A landmark!

• Members

I do fondly remember back in the days of Rogers Termas. There was one red-headed bodybuilder and three or four blond ones. Even then the most stunning ones looks-wise were the more swimmer's bod ones with olive skin and blue eyes; that "Rio" look so rare other places. 

After Rogers closed and much of the scene moved to Gloria and downtown I gave up on Rio. Rogers in Ipanema was safe. But I was robbed twice a block in from the beach in Copacabana. (I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs). Copacabana is fringe enough for me. I don't do Gloria and downtown. I started going to the saunas in Spain and Columbia. Columbia is a short, cheap flight from DC and the guys are mostly "European" "Spanish" muscle guys (for $25). And while in Europe I stop at Thermas in BCN or Adan in MAD. Where there are plenty of........Brazilian muscle guys. But it's more a smorgasbord where you can get a Romanian for salad and a Pole for dessert.  

Is the racial mix different in Porto Allegre saunas? 

• Members
58 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

I do fondly remember back in the days of Rogers Termas. There was one red-headed bodybuilder and three or four blond ones. Even then the most stunning ones looks-wise were the more swimmer's bod ones with olive skin and blue eyes; that "Rio" look so rare other places. 

After Rogers closed and much of the scene moved to Gloria and downtown I gave up on Rio. Rogers in Ipanema was safe. But I was robbed twice a block in from the beach in Copacabana. (I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs). Copacabana is fringe enough for me. I don't do Gloria and downtown. I started going to the saunas in Spain and Columbia. Columbia is a short, cheap flight from DC and the guys are mostly "European" "Spanish" muscle guys (for $25). And while in Europe I stop at Thermas in BCN or Adan in MAD. Where there are plenty of........Brazilian muscle guys. But it's more a smorgasbord where you can get a Romanian for salad and a Pole for dessert.  

Is the racial mix different in Porto Allegre saunas? 

Southern Brazil, which includes the city of Porto Alegre and its larger state of.Rio Grande do Sul  is predominantly “white” — as in European-descendent and European-looking men and women. The census states that PA is 79.2% white, and the state of Rio Grande do Sul is 81% white. That should tell you all you need to know.

”According to a genetic study from 2013, Brazilians in Rio Grande do Sul have an average of 73% European, 14% African and 13% Amerindian ancestry, respectively.”

• Members

I agree there is a selection of Caucasian DNA and/or predominantly Caucasian admixture chaps in all the saunas I have visited in Rio, SP, BHz, PA, Fortaleza, and Salvador. Though my last time in Bahia dates back 2 years. One of my faves at 117 was incontrovertibly white thru and thru but quit a year ago.

There are relatives by marriage in my family who are fair-skinned blue-eyed blondes, yet 1/4 Senegalese.

There is a set of 1st cousins at 117, one a gorgeous mulatto/moreno, the other could pass for a Windsor (and he speaks English due to apprenticeship in a Commonwealth country). Though none of this is a stretch. 

many of the guys i have met in Porto Alegre speak German or polish at home as those are two of the 3 dominate (the other being Italian) populations that immigrated there between the 1890’s and the 1940’s the last group being germans after WWII.

• Members

I think @parisrio2000 needs to clarify his question before we can answer it. 

To my eyes, 80% of the guys in Rio saunas qualify as ‘mostly white’ or just ‘white’ (if I was forced to describe their skin color, I really don’t care about the label).

(I am not American, and for me the one drop rule is just stupid).

So what do you mean by white, parisrii2000? Dyed-white-haired guys? Really white skin guys from Scandinavia or Germany? Do those with Italian ancestry count?

• Members
4 hours ago, tassojunior said:

After Rogers closed and much of the scene moved to Gloria and downtown I gave up on Rio. Rogers in Ipanema was safe. But I was robbed twice a block in from the beach in Copacabana. (I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs). Copacabana is fringe enough for me.

I thought I knew Brazil rather well. The only Rogers I knew was in Copacabana.  

Was there another one in Ipanema I totally missed?

• Members
1 hour ago, Tartegogo said:

So what do you mean by white, parisrii2000? Dyed-white-haired guys? Really white skin guys from Scandinavia or Germany? Do those with Italian ancestry count?

I think his definition of "white" is white(and pale) skin European descendants.  However, a lot of white Brazilian people get tan on purpose because tan skin is considered beaitiful in Brazil.

• Members

Indeed Southern Brazil is whiter, however I would take very cautiously any statistic on ethnicity coming from Brazil and the South Cone. Because of our specific racist culture, Whites tend to be over represented by national censuses and other data sources.

The case is not the data being manipulated, our local racism has much deeper roots. Most people who are mestizo or mulato but look White enough, will self-identify as White. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4629822

• Members
1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

simple english for those of us lower on the evolutionary ladder please!! :-)

Point taken, but if you read between the lines I avoided saying something much ruder to anyone bellyaching about not having the "type" they prefer for sex. 

If you don't grasp that I am suggesting it is silly to complain about the proportions of skin tones when there are other harsher realities, that is a lesser problem for me than if I were to use more direct finger-wagging.

But, thanks, in the end I still managed the roundabout way. 

I also don't completely get some of what is written here, but I don't mind a brain-twister here and there. 

20 hours ago, parisrio2000 said:

I like young white bodybuilders (or even just very fit young white guys) and there aren't any at any of the saunas, including 117. This is very frustrating for me. There always used to be at least a couple of regulars who were white, like 10 yrs ago, but that's no longer the case. Anyone know why?

I understand the socioeconomic situation in Brazil may have something to do with the very low % of white guys who end up working in the saunas, but there used to be at least a couple or so, now there are none. You see plenty of hot white locals in Ipanema and Leblon but they're not for pay.

Interesting that you are into white bodybuilders but go to Brazil....Why not countries or places where there are huge number of those like Europe, specifically Russia or places with high percentages of Caucasian bloodlines...

Brazil had he highest number of Africans imported into slavery....higher than any other country, even the US...Naturally those people have mixed and mingled with the indigenous Indians and the Europeans who colonized the country...

While there are some "White" guys in the saunas...the vast majority would be mixed or definitely something besides "white" but American standards....

That said, pure white Brazilians have access to better education thus better paying jobs purely based on their skins colors...The gays that you see in Ipanema who dont have wealthy families or access to education for higher paying jobs have better options for maters/partners with higher paying positions...I know a few who have sugar daddies that also take care of them

Things change as do people hence what used to be that isnt anymore...

Maybe you can attract some of those "plenty of locals who are available but not for pay."...Since thats your preference..And these always Europe or those other places with exactly what you are looking for

Found this on google....

According to the 2007 Brazilian national resource, the white workers had an average monthly income almost twice that of blacks and pardos (browns). The blacks and browns earned on average 1.8 minimum wages, while the whites had a yield of 3.4 minimum wages. Among workers with over 12 years of study, the difference was also large. While the whites earned on average R$15.90 per hour, the blacks and browns received R$11.40, when they worked the same period. Among the 1% richest population of Brazil, only 12% were blacks and browns, while whites constituted 86.3% of the group. In the 10% poorest there were 73.9% of blacks and browns, and 25.5% of whites.

13.4% of white Brazilians were graduated, compared to 4% of blacks and browns. 24.2% of whites were studying in a College or University, compared to 8.4% of blacks and browns. In 2007, 57.9% of white students between 18 and 24 years old were attending a University or a College. However, only 25.4% of black and brown students of the same age group studied at the same level. Of just over 14 million illiterates in Brazil, nearly 9 million were black or pardo. The illiteracy rate among white people over 15 years old was 6.1%. Among blacks and browns of the same age group over 14%.[68]

Almost half of the Brazilian population (49.4%) is white. The browns form 42.3%, the black 7.4%, and the indigenous or "yellow", according to the IBGE, only 0.8%. The region with the highest proportion of browns is the north, with 68.3%. The population of the Northeast is composed of 8.5% of blacks, the largest proportion. In the South, 78.7% of the population is white.

While 80 percent of the country’s one-percenters are white, Brazilians who look black and mixed-race make up 76 percent of the bottom tenth of income earners. They earn, on average, 41 percent less than their white colleagues. They are also disproportionately represented across the country’s notoriously underfunded public school system. As a result, compared to the mostly white students who can afford a private school education, black and mixed-race Brazilians are less equipped to navigate the college admissions process. Only 13 percent of them between the ages of 18 and 24 are currently enrolled in a university.

• Members
6 hours ago, mvan1 said:

I thought I knew Brazil rather well. The only Rogers I knew was in Copacabana.  

Was there another one in Ipanema I totally missed?

sorry, maybe it was in Copacabana close to Ipanema. I was coming from the west. 

Guest parisrio2000
On 3/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, Tartegogo said:

I think @parisrio2000 needs to clarify his question before we can answer it. 

To my eyes, 80% of the guys in Rio saunas qualify as ‘mostly white’ or just ‘white’ (if I was forced to describe their skin color, I really don’t care about the label).

(I am not American, and for me the one drop rule is just stupid).

White is mostly about facial structure, not skin color. Skin color is highly changeable because of tanning in the sun. I'm attracted to a certain facial structure. Maybe things have changed recently but for the last few years there are almost no whites at 117, almost all are mixed with black/Indian and it really shows in the face.

Of course Italians are white, and Portuguese too, and I like them very much. There always used to be some, but no longer. If someone has an example of a young white bodybuilder who frequents 117 now I'd be convinced. You can also dm me if you don't want to put their picture in public.

I see I triggered some people! Sorry but we all like what we like. This has been a real change for me in the last few years, and some others I know have also noticed it.

SolaceSoul: Brazil was founded by white people (Europeans). They still exist there, you know, not just in Europe! And I go to Brazil not just for the men, but because I like the country. But I do like the Brazilian whites quite a bit, and you see plenty of them in Ipanema!

BadBoy: I'm not talking about the "gays in Ipanema." I'm talking about the local guys who do bodybuilding and martial arts. They are very rich though, probably they would be able to pay US on this forum! Very hard to get that kind of guy.

Yes I like the straight (or "straight" whatevs not in mood to argue) young bodybuilder (or surfer) types who do gay4pay. There were always a couple at 117, no longer though.

• Members

What is the ratio of sauna guys who are hot and willing to give me a really good time in bed? Can we differ these from friendly guys in the same category with guys who might not be so friendly such as they will try to fuck me really hard to compensate for some historic wrong? Color is a line which only occasionally gets in my way, and even then it is usually due to a specific attitude that the person has rather than his color. I don't seek out one color just to show that I am open-minded, because when I am at the sauna, it is usually my ass that is open. ^_^