sanddunes

Photos From 117 Last Night

• Members

Last night (Tuesday) was packed with both garotos and clients.  There was a swimsuit show where the garotos modeled swimsuits, and a drag/stripper show after. I wish I could have taken pics of the swimsuit show but my phone was in my locker.

After going through many garotos over the past two months I finally found an extremely handsome, muscular top guy that is amazing in bed and gives me the boyfriend experience that I want.  I found him a few weeks ago and have been with him regularly since.  No need to try the rest when I found the best haha.  

I always find it interesting when the garotos who performed badly in bed/demanded more money/refused to do x, y, or z come up and try to get me to go with them again...as the saying goes, fool me once...

6393C9B6-0836-4B75-8FD6-DC4E39F5C7D4.png

AA5072E4-F1D8-4FDE-9747-B2D67AF7BB66.png

• Members

Has anyone here ever been to Seven Cabins cruise bar in Rio?  I’m planning to check it out on Friday.

Also, I went to The Week this past Saturday.  Entrance is only 20 reals if you register for the list on their website. The club is huge and was totally packed.  I found it hard to meet anyone there because the guys were all in their friend cliques and the music was so loud.  I didn’t see any action going on in the bathrooms either like I had read about online.  Overall I would say it is a good place to drink and dance with friends but not great for finding a hookup.  It’s also kind of far from Ipanema, although the uber ride was only about $9 each way.  Drinks are also expensive.  About 40 reals for a regular mixed drink.  They had a special of 2 redbull vodkas for 90 real (28USD)

• Members

Another thing I wanted to mention...a few days ago I heard a gun battle near where I was staying (near General Osorio in Ipanema.  One of the locals here told me about an app that has live updates on gunfire and will send alerts to your phone.  The name of the app is OTT-RJ for anyone who wants to download it.

• Members

Does it work now with foreign phones? Onde tem tiroteio cannot be downloaded from the store if your Google's/Apple's account is from outside Brazil.

They do have a very useful FB page which i used to check often before I've managed to install the app.

https://www.facebook.com/OTTRJ/

Seven Cruising is a fun place, but can he hit or miss. Wednesday is usually good.

• Members

So in the first picture is a dancer with bleached blond hair and his name is rodolfo.   Does anyone know if he is a GP? Or just a dancer.  I know he works at The Week as a dancer.  I follow him on Facebook and Instagram and I have such a huge crush on him.   Any info would be helpful!    Thanks for the pics too.  

• Members

I am a little confused, please educate me.

I always thought that Brazilian saunas were like NYC bathhouses. All my experience with bathhouses has been in the 90s in Manhattan's West Side Club. Going there and remaining dressed was absolutely unseen and inappropriate.

However these pictures show a place very much like a typical South American gay bar, with a stage for shows. All that dressed people in the pictures is not naked because of the special event or there are rooms in the saunas where you can hang out without undressing?

• Members

They are a hybrid of bathouse and bar. Stripped to towel optional. I am often dressed even starting out with a programa in a private suite, often undressing and a quick shower there as opposed to the communal bathing. The temperature can be chilly in some areas. 

The other difference is you don't walk the halls where the suites are located. You only see into a suite when you go into one with a garoto. The cruising is done in the common areas.

A little different at Thermas in Barcelona where much of the cruising is in the suite corridors though you are not hooking up with someone who is stretched out on the mattress looking. And where towel or bathrobe is mandatory. Though frankly I cannot remember 100% what club dispenses robes if you prefer one ... I think it is Thermas.

• Members
14 minutes ago, Riobard said:

They are a hybrid of bathouse and bar. Stripped to towel optional. I am often dressed even starting out with a programa in a private suite, often undressing and a quick shower there as opposed to the communal bathing. The temperature can be chilly in some areas. 

The other difference is you don't walk the halls where the suites are located. You only see into a suite when you go into one with a garoto. The cruising is done in the common areas.

A little different at Thermas in Barcelona where much of the cruising is in the suite corridors though you are not hooking up with someone who is stretched out on the mattress looking. And where towel or bathrobe is mandatory. Though frankly I cannot remember 100% what club dispenses robes if you prefer one ... I think it is Thermas.

That doubles my motivation to visit Rio. The 90s are way behind, now I am 55 and out of shape. I do not feel in the mood to go around walking with just a towel. Knowing that I can enjoy the saunas scene in my bermudas and t-shirt makes it just perfect.

• Members
18 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

That doubles my motivation to visit Rio. The 90s are way behind, now I am 55 and out of shape. I do not feel in the mood to go around walking with just a towel. Knowing that I can enjoy the saunas scene in my bermudas and t-shirt makes it just perfect.

117 has a large restaurant/stage area that is kept (I think voluntarily?) very cold and where I recommend to stay clothed. This is where the pictures were taken.  But the rest of the sauna is nice an warm and I am usually only wearing a towel.