Lucky

Bangkok Fun Diminished?

I just spent a fun weekend in Pattaya and had a blast.  Nice Boys in Sunnee Plaza was great and BoyzBoyzBoyz was also fun.  I had over 30 messages to my Jack'd account the first day telling me how "sexy I am" or in other words "hire me." 

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel and was VERY happy with the service. 

No matter what you hear, there is STILL a lot of fun to be had in Thailand if you like sexy guys!

• Members
On 8/18/2018 at 4:24 AM, Walker said:

I too have been going to Thailand for the last 10 years, but have not hired boys for the last 3 years, and it's rare that I hookup with guys from grindr there, perhaps because my type has changed.  What I enjoy most these days in Thailand is the 5 star hotel services, spa, massage and the food.  They are still very good value for the price.  I still go to boy bars for the shows, and also gay dance clubs in Bangkok,  but I find the party scene at DJ and G BKK are quite mediocre compare to Brazil and Europe, (but still better than other Asian cities.)

As my trip to Thailand draws closer, I keep thinking I should just cancel it I've been there so many times, and it is no longer the Thailand I started out with in 1987. I've also since learned that Brazilian guys are so much more fun in bed. They make it clear that they like sex. Thai guys often smile and do light kissing, and that's it. The last Thai guy I hired didn't want to do anything, I mean anything, in bed.

So, Walker's post above reminds me that there are other advantages to vising thailand. I,too, love 5 star hotels at affordable prices, the spas and massages I am sure I will checkout a Thai guy or two...once I am out of that comfy bed.

The high season in Thailand started this weekend. Totally lived up to its hype.  The weather is perfect. Rain and humidity gone.

The crowds returned to the gay venues in Bangkok this weekend.  Most gogo’s and bars doing brisk business and an abundance of new working guys from all over SE Asia.    

• Members
19 hours ago, paulsf said:

The high season in Thailand started this weekend. Totally lived up to its hype.  The weather is perfect. Rain and humidity gone.

The crowds returned to the gay venues in Bangkok this weekend.  Most gogo’s and bars doing brisk business and an abundance of new working guys from all over SE Asia.    

This is quite refreshing to hear and read.  Unfortunately, I have no immediate plans to return to "The Land of Smiles" anytime soon but would like to before I am no longer able to travel.

• Members

Lucky's post brought a rush of great memories of my first visit to Bangkok and Phuket in 1993. I was like a little boy in a candy shop. The boys came up to you on the street. Most were kind, polite and gave sensational service. My memory was the going price was 300 baht. My last trip was five years ago and I still had a great time curtailed only by the creep of old age.

• Members

ronjames, we could probably tell some good stories. In 1987, the baht was 22 to the dollar, and yes, 300 to 400 was thee going rate. I am glad prices have climbed for the sex workers' sake, and it doesn't matter much now because I am not as horny as I as in 1987. Thankfully.

Well, I've been to Brazil and enjoyed it. However, I was also robbed there and never felt safe. I've been going to Thailand since 1985 - say around 30 trips and love it.  Sure, it's changed what hasn't? The hustler bars in NYC are no more. The clubs of Santo Domingo are, mostly, gone. But there is still a gay culture in each place and one can adapt to what's there. My last trip to Pattaya was fantastic and there were plenty of guys who kissed like clones of Zeus's Ganymede. I arrive in Bangkok on January 10 and I'm giddy with anticipation.

• Members

I have not canceled my trip to Thailand and leave this week. I am no numazu, so don't expect any enlightening and entertaining trip reports!

Hopefully, I will find plenty of fun in Bangkok, perhaps even with a Thai guy or two...or three? I am there 8 nights. Then on to Hong Kong.

My Chinese husband is always helpful, not just in Hong Kong where he can speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and Hainanese, but in Thailand, where so many are of Chinese descent and the dialect Teochew is common. I let him do all of the bargaining for me. It's crazy how the merchant starts dealing with me at one price, but with him they start lower right away.

• Members

Happy New Year from Bangkok! This is about my twelfth visit to Bangkok since 2000 and the first in about five years. I love the city, the culture and its people and will return again.

However there is no denying the gay scene has changed. Last night I paid my third visit on this trip to Tawan  Bar, the famous muscle bar. This used to be my favourite bar however on each visit this time it can only be described as tragic. A fraction of the boys compared to past years and those on offer were older, fat, heavily tattooed. Anyone walking in not knowing what to expect would have assumed it was a chubby chasers bar. There were plenty of customers but seriously lacking boys. How I remember this place on my visit in 2000 and subsequent years. 

Other famous bars such as Dream Boys are also in serious decline. All in all a pity and remember this is peak season. However I am staying in s beautiful hotel with a lagoon like pool everyone is nice and Bangkok and it’s people will always make it worth returning.

• Members
25 minutes ago, paborn said:

Frankly, I have thought, for years, that the guys in Tawan had gone to seed. Tawan is no longer the premier show in town. Dream boys cast its lot with Chinese tour groups, I hear Screwboys and others have a lot to offer.

I’m sorry but Screw Boys has very, very little to offer.

• Members
On 12/31/2018 at 9:04 AM, paulsf said:

Depends on the customer. It may not work for you, but Screwboys is one of the busiest offing gogo’s in Bangkok.  They have lots of fans. 

Where is it? Fresh Boys is in the spot where I think Screwboys used to be. Not that I looked hard as we were gathering supplies.

The new FreshBoys is up the stairs over Screwboys.  The original FreshBoys is still open in Twilight.   Screwboys is on ground level few doors in Patpong from Surawong.    Usually several boys sitting out front to direct you. 

• Members
39 minutes ago, paulsf said:

The new FreshBoys is up the stairs over Screwboys.  The original FreshBoys is still open in Twilight.   Screwboys is on ground level few doors in Patpong from Surawong.    Usually several boys sitting out front to direct you. 

Do you recommend the new Freshboys? Screwboys? The husband likes a more mature guy... to old, like me!

On 12/31/2018 at 8:18 PM, sydneyboy1 said:

I’m sorry but Screw Boys has very, very little to offer.

You should always remember that a place has "very little to offer" to you. We all have different types, thank God that in Thailand there is someone for everyone. I can't imagine going with a Ladyboy, let alone a woman, yet someone recently suggested that I try a girlie bar and watch them "dance in their stilettos". Good Lord no, but If he enjoys that I make no adverse comment.  

You know, everyone thinks that their taste is good taste or nearly universal taste. We mislead the readers who are seeking information when we aren't clear and fair. You might have said eg. " Screwboys is all twinks, not might type, but they're busy every night" or "Scewboys is filled with Vietnamese guys and I ( for whatever reason ) don't off them, but if you like them this is the place."

You know, I can squint and see some appeal in the posted photos of Moonlight models. When I comment on them it is to decry the Las Vegas like hype. But, if you like that type go for it - even if you like the mystique and fake glamour of the place - you'll be in heaven.