Tomcal

Merida Mexico July 18th - 30th

I am going there in July(not the best time, hot, humid and frequent afternoon showers!)but I getting my permanent residency Visa! If you are 60 or older, and meet Mecico's financial requirements for monthly income and savings you can skip the 4 year TEMPORARY VISA And go right to permanent status. As a side benefit my Brazilian boyfriend is joining me there!

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, Tomcal said:

As a side benefit my Brazilian boyfriend is joining me there!

LOL for anyone who has followed your well-documented sexcapades on this site over the years you would certainly appear to give a whole new meaning to the word 'boyfriend.' 

• Members
On 6/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, Tomcal said:

I getting my permanent residency Visa! If you are 60 or older, and meet Mecico's financial requirements for monthly income and savings you can skip the 4 year TEMPORARY VISA And go right to permanent status. As a side benefit my Brazilian boyfriend is joining me there!

Congrats for you are in order.

I recently looked into planning on doing this in Brazil, as it had a retirement / pension visa. The monthly income requirements or any kind of annuity or pension were (for me) very low — only $6000R a month! — and the minimum age requirement had been lowered from 60 to 50. And like the one in Mexico, it had perks that you can’t get from a tourist visa — ability to work legally, federal healthcare, permanent residency, come and go as you please and stay as long as you wish, banking options, etc. So, I was planning to do it in a year or so. However, I learned from the Brazilian Consulate that as of Jan. 1, 2018, the Brazilian legislature inexplicably suspended the pension visa.

• Members

Many of the Instagram hunks in my feed this week are using some neck-up aging app to look like baby boomers.

Empathy with solidarity, or a send-up? It seems to be done with humourous intent. 

Maybe something like that would help sneak in the back door.