TotallyOz

Fitness during CoVid19

What are you doing to keep moving during CoVid?  I can't really go out a lot so I got a stationary bike that I have been riding daily. I'm up to 15 miles per day and sweating my ass off. The fucking app says it is a "leisure ride."  I want to ditch the app as there is nothing leisure about it for me. ;)   What are you doing?

• Members

I did  major spring cleaning towards the end of February and gave myself major sciatica.  Youtube and pinterest are full of exercise routines to relieve sciatic pain.  I found one from a Korean channel which actually got rid of the pain.  As the lock down progressed, I started doing the channel’s specialty,  no equipment necessary routines for my daily workout.  I start with this:

Edited by trencherman
spelling correction

Couphing my lungs out the last 4 weeks due to a pollen allergy whose symptoms exploded when our pine trees here in NC started throwing a month early, and like 5X as strong as ever before, thanks to climate warming. :angry:

...That count for exercise? :rolleyes:

• Members

Running and long-distance bike rides. My trainer has a lavishly equipped garage with about $7k worth of Rogue equipment which I use about 3x weekly. Everything is sterilized before and after. 5 mile walks. I’m staying in great shape and reading and writing a lot more. Yesterday I saw my super-hot shirtless sometime provide on the bike trail while climbing an 8% grade. Stopped and chatted with him and a couple of his friends before finishing the climb. Really wished it was safe to play!

• Members

Yeah, once all the gyms closed, it seems like every YouTuber whose channel was focused on fitness started posting videos of home workouts to do with little or no equipment.  I never would've thought I could work out my arms and back just using bedsheets like TRX ropes.

I haven't been to my gym in months, but I do have a personal trainer who comes over 3 times a week. masks up and socially distances. 

Today, we did pyramids with single arm clean and push press of a 12kg kettlebell. He does one set (right then left), I do one. You count up to 10 and back down for a full set of 100 reps on each side, so 200x12kg adds up to a fair bit of exercise. The trade off gives you a bit of breathing room, but you're still a sweaty mess when you're done (and not the good kind of sweaty mess).

I've learned so much about ways in which you can suffer working with a personal trainer, but man, It feels good to feel good so I keep at it. If only I'd done this decades ago, I could have been a serious hottie instead of a deluded old bald guy!