Badboy81

New Years in Rio...

Praying that I can finally go to Rio in December after Christmas like I normally do...

I hear the city is reopening and there are things to do...

Saunas will def be back open

Im finally fine with the new normal of face masks and temp checks

I found a flight from MIA to GIG for $410 RT....On a major carrier for the days that Im trying to go in December

What is everybody else thinking?

• Members

I wish you well @Badboy81 but I think you are being wildly-optimistic.

I love to travel overseas regularly and I can’t wait to resume doing so. But it will be almost miraculous if an effective vaccine is available in 2021.

Of course, I don’t know your age and health: you may be young, energetic and in superlative good health. Nonetheless I can’t see how you will be safe in any sauna interactions while the virus is circulating.

Definitely NOT getting any vaccinations....My people have been tested on enough

I carry the antibodies and Im pretty sure I have had Covid...

At this point, Im not banking on a vaccine that hasnt been vested for 10-20 years to be the saving grace for getting back to some soft of norm...

I'm fine with face masks and temp checks everywhere we go....that is part of the new norm

I miss traveling....and saunas....and airplanes...and being able to live without fear....

• Members

There’s no scientific evidence that previous exposure to or infection from the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 creates any future immunity. In fact, the most recent evidence is showing quite the opposite:

People who developed only mild to moderate symptoms tended to produce fewer neutralizing antibodies than people with severe cases of COVID-19.

A recent study found that 65 days after infection had passed, only 17 percent of participants still had potent levels of neutralizing antibodies in their blood.

Early research has found that people who’ve recovered from COVID-19 do carry SARS-CoV-2-specific T cells

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/covid-19-antibodies-may-fade-quickly-what-this-means-for-herd-immunity

967B31C9-A86C-4CD0-B198-08E3258DF09B.jpeg

• Members

The flu vaccine each year is notoriously not perfect but still helps a lot. So far the different coronavirus vaccines have shown to be very effective and simple. Let's be optimistic on this vaccine.

And you don't need to live in fear,  just cut your risks down to what you're ok with. Personally I wouldn't want to get coronavirus in Brazil and deal with their hospitals. But I'd take my chances in Europe. Have you been to Thermas in Barcelona? 

Edited by tassojunior

I have been to Thermas in Barcelona...

Instead of medications and what to do IF you get sick, I like telling people things they can do to have overall better health....diet and exercise, being as active as possible, using common sense...'

Its amazing how many guys are nervous about getting Covid but not worried about HIV and other STDs....

I get it, medicine, etc...

Again, masks and temp checks are the new normal for a while so for me, I might as well get used to it since I am good on Mexico and I NEED to travel...

I don't think it's going anywhere...I think the longer it is around, more immunity will form

But I also understand that for me, living inside under quarantine is not an option

For those who are older in age or have existing conditions, this could be a death sentence, you should indeed stay in and safe...do whats best for YOU