TotallyOz

A Walk Around Gay Bangkok, Thailand - March 5, 2021

You're more thorough than me TotallyOz !
Super A has a sign in Thai on the door.   Using google lens to translate, I get "For rent, call 022381470-5".    So I presume it's permanently finished at this location.  

Prime Massage has been open and the 3~4 massage shops between that and Silom were open when I arrived back in Bangkok around 23-02-2021.

6 hours ago, z909 said:

You're more thorough than me TotallyOz !
Super A has a sign in Thai on the door.   Using google lens to translate, I get "For rent, call 022381470-5".    So I presume it's permanently finished at this location.  

Prime Massage has been open and the 3~4 massage shops between that and Silom were open when I arrived back in Bangkok around 23-02-2021.

Jupiter Boy does not know the place well and without the group that sits on the Soi to get people inside, we passed it by last night looking for it. It took us a few minutes of walking by to figure out we missed it. We turned around and then it was there but no lights. I didn't go inside the area but I am glad you went to the door and read the sign.

I went to Dreamboy yesterday and around 70% seated, good business during this period.

Mamasan proudly announced they have 25 boys with full show.

The show lasted till at least 1110pm, i left on that time but seems like they still have show going on later? 

Hotmale bar come to pursue me go their site as their show starting soon, but I thought now all bars need to be closed on 11pm?

Not sure so I left, as experienced before one of bar told me show starting but it finished after 5 minutes I went into the bar, their trick maybe? Haha, see again Bangkok in April or May, glad to see bars reopen.

4 hours ago, yp11 said:

I went to Dreamboy yesterday and around 70% seated

wow 70% is almost "shockingly" impressive. Great news of course. One wonders who were all these customers? Thais? Men/women? Expats? From which countries (Farangland / China-Taiwan / Japan)?

22 hours ago, yp11 said:

I went to Dreamboy yesterday and around 70% seated, good business during this period.

Mamasan proudly announced they have 25 boys with full show.

The show lasted till at least 1110pm, i left on that time but seems like they still have show going on later? 

Hotmale bar come to pursue me go their site as their show starting soon, but I thought now all bars need to be closed on 11pm?

Not sure so I left, as experienced before one of bar told me show starting but it finished after 5 minutes I went into the bar, their trick maybe? Haha, see again Bangkok in April or May, glad to see bars reopen.

That is good they got the business for the show. That also tells you something. The boys on stage are not the ones that get the customers but the shows are good business for them as I was there earlier and very quiet for customers.

4 minutes ago, richincali said:

Good report @TotallyOzand great to hear things are coming back to life! The pic of Soi 4 looked quiet but nice to see some people out enjoying the evening. 
Did you happen to walk by DJ Station/Soi 2? Haven’t heard much about how they’ve been doing. It’s one of my favorite places and hope it makes it through the shutdown.

Sorry, I did not. I'll try to the next time I go out.

39 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Many thanks or the updates, both from Oz and yp11. 

On TotallyOz's point quoted above, though, DreamBoy brings in a good number of people, both for shows and for offs. They would not have that number of boys working there if there weren't a regular stream of customers offing them, all the more so given that the boys who work there are exclusively Thai. Most of the other bars have a much smaller group of boys and have had to recruit non-Thais to make-up the numbers. That doesn't happen at DreamBoy, DreamBoy is clearly attracting plenty of people willing to pay for company. It always has.

I find many guys want to pick up the guys before or after the show. During it, the show is all they can see. If you are looking for guys, it is easier to go when the show is not there. I was there the same night and did not see but 2 customers in there an hour before the show. But, it sounds like the place really picked up. To me, that says those customers were there to see the show. Also, having talked to the boys, they said they have not had an off all week. As the bars have only been open this week, that is worrying but makes me think the bar is paying them. That would make sense to keep the eye candy there and guys for the show and stage.

12 hours ago, richincali said:

Good report @TotallyOzand great to hear things are coming back to life! The pic of Soi 4 looked quiet but nice to see some people out enjoying the evening. 
Did you happen to walk by DJ Station/Soi 2? Haven’t heard much about how they’ve been doing. It’s one of my favorite places and hope it makes it through the shutdown.

for an update on that see the other thread about Soi 4. Soi 2 hopping this last weekend.