reader

Curfew to end in 17 tourist provinces

From Bangkok Post

The prime minister has ordered an end to the curfew in 17 provinces, including Bangkok, from Oct 31 to support the reopening of the country to fully vaccinated foreign tourists on Nov 1.

The order, signed by Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, was published in the Royal Gazette late on Thursday night.

The curfew will therefore end at 11pm on Oct 31 in the "Sandbox" provinces that were declared maximum and strict control zones but have tourism significance and are designated for reopening.

The 17 provinces where the curfew will end are:

- Bangkok

- Krabi

- Chon Buri (only in Bang Lamung, Pattaya, Si Racha, Koh Si Chang and tambon Na Jomtien and tambon Bang Sare of Sattahip district)

- Chiang Mai (in Muang, Doi Tao, Mae Rim and Mae Taeng districts)

- Trat (on Koh Chang only)

- Buri Ram (in Muang district only)

- Prachuap Khiri Khan (in tambon Hua Hin and tambon Nong Kae only)

- Phangnga

- Phetchaburi (in Cha-am municipality only)

- Phuket

- Ranong (on Koh Phayam only)

- Rayong (on Koh Samet only)

- Loei (in Chiang Khan district only)

- Samut Prakan (only at Suvarnabhumi airport)

- Surat Thani (on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and on Koh Tao only)

- Nong Khai (in Muang, Sangkhom, Sri Chiang Mai and Tha Bo districts)

- Udon Thani (in Muang, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yoong, Nong Han and Prachak Silapakhom districts)

The number of people at public gatherings in the tourist reopening zones will be capped at 500.

Entertainment venues in the tourism reopening provinces will remain closed, including pubs, bars and karaoke shops, but operators and officials could begin preparing for their reopening, which would be permitted later.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2202459/curfew-to-end-in-17-tourist-provinces

47 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Of course 'no quarantine' actually means 'one night quarantine in a selected hotel' to await test results.

I have similar thoughts, however "quarantine" means you're confined to your hotel room.

I imagine we're free to wander around the hotel premises under the new rules, although a source of detailed T&C for the new systems would be welcome.   So if you book a hotel with some facilities, this should not be a big hardship.

There is also a report in THe Nation where some minister said tourists arriving on the no-quarantine scheme need to stay 21 days  (see Gaybuttonthai forum).   I've not yet seen that in any other publication, but a written and comprehensive set of rules would be most appreciated.

Finally, it seems the $100,000 insurance is replaced by a $50,000 insurance.   They don't explain if this is still required to have the same wording about covid cover.   [I imagine it is and I wouldn't dream of traveling without suitable cover, preferably far in excess of $50,000]

1 hour ago, paulsf said:

A couple of hotels I have contacted have said you will be confined to room until test results come back. 
Of course everything is.  Subject to Change.   

After 18 hours flight that may not be as bad as it sounds, PCR results should come by time we wake up. 

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

After 18 hours flight that may not be as bad as it sounds, PCR results should come by time we wake up.

It depends what time you arrive & do remember that some of the flight options we have used in the past might not be currently operating.   Gone is my preferred EVA direct flight, with very reasonable timing and a nice Premium Economy seat.   

So I was contemplating a flight which arrived at about 7:00 am, due to problems with other options.    Confinement to my room until next day would not be pleasant.   Although it beats the 15 nights last time.   Which all seemed to be worth it from night 16 onwards.

However, I have chosen a flight which arrives at 12:05, so a slight improvement. 

Some of the people on the Phuket sandbox ****book page report tests in the morning upon arrival and results by around 5:00 pm.    I don't recall reading about their confinement status.    

Finding SHA+ accommodation comes later.

Also, ref Thailand Pass, to replace COE, they have now given out 2 different web addresses, neither of which are ready.

https://tp.consular.go.th/

And   www.thailandpass.go.th    as shown on the CCSA briefing doc,  which had a "coming soon" but now looks like it will be abandoned.