gap1972

20 days in Rio Sep-Oct 2021

• Members
8 minutes ago, Vanbcanthony said:

Thanks for the report!

What would happen if you did test positive? Would they stop you from boarding?

I see the sauna price. Does knowing Portuguese help the negotiation? By the way, what was the client&boy ratio?

You must show negative test result or you have recovered from covid (tested positive at least certain number of days ago), otherwise you won't be allowed to board for Canada at GIG. The airline staff will verify your test results before letting you board. Customs don't really care about the paper.

On M, W and F at 202, it feels like similar number of boys as before, but less clients. So boys are all eager for business. I think life is  tougher for the boys now. Certainly old folks (most clients) are more concerned about covid than the working boys.

• Members
3 hours ago, Vanbcanthony said:

So if you tested positive, what would happen to your tickets? Was the plane full?

Flying copa airline economy with a stop over in Panama city, packed every leg to and from.

Plane ticket was cheap (550US$), late September is low season. Forfeiting the plane ticket is really the least of my worries. If tested positive, I was prepared to hunker down for a month working remotely from Brazil waiting for it to clear. I was fully vaccinated not until late July, and am in decent shape, therefore not too worried about getting very sick with covid. Have to admit, it was a relief checking the hospital website and saw the negative result😇.

• Members
6 hours ago, Vanbcanthony said:

I see the sauna price. Does knowing Portuguese help the negotiation? By the way, what was the client&boy ratio?

Negotiation is not really about the price, who cares about the 50 or 100 extra. More importantly, if the boy knows you are clueless about the price, he probably assumes you are also clueless of what boys normally do in the room. I always chat with the boy via google translate to get a feel of the boy. Those who don't like to chat, just want to go straight to the room I would avoid. In the early years without a cell plan nor wifi, I would go to the room with a boy without mutual agreement of what we would do, often ended up with the boy insists on giving head with condom and just want to get it over with quickly. I have learned not to rush or be rushed, and not be shy about discussing expectations openly. Also, when you find a boy you like, don't hesitate and wait, go after him and make future plans right after if you like your time together. You are only visiting for a couple weeks, might never run into him again.

If your home mobile plan doesn't work in Brazil, do get a local sim for using google translate, maps and uber, a must have for a great trip. 

• Members
9 hours ago, asdsrfr said:

Given the hard economic times did you feel that security issues were any different in Rio at this time? Also--sorry you hit a rainy stretch. It really does change the feel of the city.

I personally didn't feel any difference walking to Metro around 8pm in Centro (Meio Mundo) or Gloria (117). Stayed in two different hotels in Copacabana, both within 15 minutes or so walking distance to 202 from opposite sides, walking back to hotel around 8 or 9pm felt perfectly safe too. A lot of people are still out having dinner or cheering for their football team. Morning walks on the beach around 6:30 or 7 felt just fine as well. No problem at all during the day in Centro, Gloria or Copacabana. Business as usual other than face masks pretty much.

Condolences to anyone who experienced any violence in Brazil, I understand one incident could traumatize someone for a long long time. So far so good for me.

• Members

I totally agree on the expectations and being clueless points. It doesn't hurt to do a thorough DD. I also heard that not long did the boys have a rep, so did the clients. If you appeared clueless and seemed like an easy target, they would pile on you. Even though the cost is still minuscule compared to what's being charged in North America, having a target on your back certainly does not add to the overall pleasure. 

I'm learning Portuguese for my first trip. Hopefully that would help.  

4 hours ago, Vanbcanthony said:

I totally agree on the expectations and being clueless points. It doesn't hurt to do a thorough DD. I also heard that not long did the boys have a rep, so did the clients. If you appeared clueless and seemed like an easy target, they would pile on you. Even though the cost is still minuscule compared to what's being charged in North America, having a target on your back certainly does not add to the overall pleasure. 

Although I only know a few basic works of Brazilian Portuguese, one's knowing some of the language will definitely help.  Overall my experiences in the saunas went reasonably well, for I'd read guidelines on a similar board/forum prior to my leaving in 2002.  I traveled all over Brazil from 2002 until 2011.  It seems like eons ago.  

Once some semblance of normalcy appears in our world, I hope to resume traveling to some of my favorite places in this world of ours.

[Many times I was viewed as a native and could not converse with the individuals who began conversations on the street or who asked for directions or whatever.  I would say: "no fala Portugese" or some such response.  Both of us would laugh, and the individual asking the question would go on her or his merry way.

One Saturday as I walked the streets in Santa Teresa after dining in a famous restaurant in the area, about four cars stopped while en route to wherever they were going and asked me for directions.  My response: "No fala Portugese."  Some would thank me in Ingles; others would thank me in Brazilian Portugese: "Obrigado" = Thank you.

• Members
13 hours ago, Vanbcanthony said:

You might also carry with you @Vanbcanthony a small paper notebook and a pen. Then you can easily note down any phone numbers, time agreed on for a date or meeting, and of course prices when you are negotiating.

• Members
On 10/27/2021 at 1:23 AM, msclelovr said:

You might also carry with you @Vanbcanthony a small paper notebook and a pen. Then you can easily note down any phone numbers, time agreed on for a date or meeting, and of course prices when you are negotiating.

Why does that feel like going to a flea market and try to find the best overall package possible? lol

• Members

Then I wish you good luck negotiating in Portuguese @Vanbcanthony. I speak 5 languages but I find it very hard to understand Portuguese when it is spoken rapidly to me.

At least, if you write down the sum or rate that you’ll pay, there can be no argument later about what fee was agreed. 

• Members
4 hours ago, msclelovr said:

Then I wish you good luck negotiating in Portuguese @Vanbcanthony. I speak 5 languages but I find it very hard to understand Portuguese when it is spoken rapidly to me.

At least, if you write down the sum or rate that you’ll pay, there can be no argument later about what fee was agreed. 

And do not forget your typewriter, in case you want to log your adventures.

giphy.gif

• Members
On 10/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, gap1972 said:

9. Bangu
The trip going there on the train and back on uber are just as  interesting as the time I spent in the club. If you don't speak Portuguese, and sucking straight cock doesn't particularly trigger your fancy, than it's not worth the efforts getting there. Unlike in 202 where many straight boys go all the way for money, straight boys in bangu club won't even suck you cock. A couple of them are very boy next door cute though. Bottoms fancying straight boys might love it😉

What are the good days and times for Bangu? I looked on the map and it is quite a trip, farther than Galeao though in a different direction. I also love urban transport adventures, but I assume this trip would take some time and planning. Did you leave from the Central train station?

• Members
18 hours ago, davet said:

What are the good days and times for Bangu? I looked on the map and it is quite a trip, farther than Galeao though in a different direction. I also love urban transport adventures, but I assume this trip would take some time and planning. Did you leave from the Central train station?

Others with more knowledge about the club pinned the best day as Sunday. If you are comfortable taking buses in Rio, then taking the supervia train would be a piece of cake for your trip going to the club in the afternoon, rio+ card works for the trains too. After dark, uber is the only way back.

For the Sunday afternoon I went to the club, the train was quite full (an earlier scheduled train was cancelled), standing spaces only after a couple stops. thankfully not too packed. I did start from the central station. Also I walked the short distance from the station to the club as it's not fully dark yet outside. Quite deserted with some abandoned buildings along the way. A few photos attached so you have a feel of the road leading to the club and areas right outside the club. Not the safe approach perhaps.

Quite busy for the Sunday I visited. Most people stay in street cloth. There is a sauna room, but a small number of clients and boys actually change to a towel for it. The door receptionist actually ask if you want a towel. You have to ask for a locker if you want one once you get to the main area upstairs. Most hang out at tables set out by the pool area. Some retreat in the disco area which has very dimmed lighting. I found 3 boys quite cute, two of them were quite content playing pool in the disco area for a long long time. I had to initiate conversation with them via google translate as they don't seem to try to meet your eyes at all. One of them is new to the club, he is at a loss with the "ativo passivo" inquiry, saying "I don't know those stuff, I don't even suck, ok?". The other is more familiar with the terms, but also balked at the suggestion of him giving a bj. Very straight boys 🙂 Their limits seem to be getting a bj and fucking some ass. The 3rd boy was grabbed by some regular, like in Porto Alegre, they would sit at a table with drinks chatting for hours.

Since I don't particularly fancy sucking or getting boned by a straight boy, left without action after a couple hours before 8pm. Returning uber cost 60 reals.

How I envy my bottom friends. I remember on my 2019 December trip, one of them went to a room with his 5th boy of the night on his last night in 202 with big smile on his face! Thank god women are not a major hiring force for boys, or we wouldn't have any good ones left.

IMG_20210926_175914.jpg

IMG_20210926_180439.jpg

IMG_20210926_180541.jpg