GoldMember

BKK Test n Go

Hey guys, 

It has been a while. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the plague.

I feel that my time has come. I need some advice from the experienced. 

Assuming I come to visit BKK with test n go at the beginning of March, is there any way to obtain a rapid result for the PCR? Does it matter what hotel I take? I would hate to spend my first night at my room.

Will appreciate any sort of advice regarding test n go. Will probably come for 4 nights so won't need a 2nd test. 

It is possible to get an express result, guaranteed in four hours not over night. 

You will need to call the hotel and explicitly ask for it.

In arranging my trip none of the hotels mentioned the availability of an express result - they automatically assumed the 24 hour result was ok - but if you asked about an express result they could do it for another $70 or thereabouts.

Yes, some hotels in bkk does provide express result at higher price. I believe u should contact the hotel directly and as for this. When i was researching during dec, i recall seeing this express test rates stated in marriot apps. I just checked 2 hotels, courtyard marriot says result in 6-8 hours if check in before 18:30, 12 hours if after. While the more expensive Le meridien only have 24 hours result... So check directly with hotels u want.

Seems also just to depend on who does the test and what time you arrive. Obviously much more chance of getting the result, well not in 3-4 hrs, but say before evening falls, so all good for the first nite out in town! IF you can arrange arrival early morning or be in HTL by noon at the latest. I´ve read several of such reports in the old scheme from non-gay visitors in general forums. In some cases after airport arrival they were first taxied to testing place and afters to arranged HTL. Sorry- do not remember any names for that now

I have a trip booked at the end of March so plenty of time for things to change on the Test and Go front (both positively and negatively!) but could do with some advice on my travel planning. Any help gratefully received! 

I land in BKK on 28 March at about 2pm. My initial plan was to then hop on a flight to Chiang Mai and spend a week there before coming back to BKK for another week. 

The current Test and Go, if i have got it right, requires a PCR on Day 1 and 5. Do I have to take the Day 1 PCR in BKK, as that is the first point of entry, or can I get on the flight to Chiang Mai and take the tests there? 

If I have to take the Day 1 test in BKK are there hotels close to the airport that i can use so I don't have to spend all the time getting into BKK just to come straight back out to the airport again? 

Presumably it would be ok, if i have to stay in BKK for Day 1 test, to take Day 5 test in Chiang Mai? So take test, travel, take test in new location?  

"Bangkok

Proceed to the prearranged accommodation or medical facility to undergo the first RT-PCR test. The trip must be by a prearranged vehicle on a sealed route. Then, all travellers must wait for the test result within the hotel only. Travellers under 6 years of age, travelling with parents, can have a saliva test.

• If testing negative for COVID-19, travellers are free to go anywhere in Thailand. However, they must stay at their prepaid accommodation on Day 5 and undergo their second COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.) The second test can also be taken when the travellers experience respiratory symptoms."

If you test negative at your Bangkok Hotel, you can then fly to Chiang Mai.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:21 PM, CurtisD said:

It is possible to get an express result, guaranteed in four hours not over night. 

You will need to call the hotel and explicitly ask for it.

In arranging my trip none of the hotels mentioned the availability of an express result - they automatically assumed the 24 hour result was ok - but if you asked about an express result they could do it for another $70 or thereabouts.

I called several hotels, none offered that. You remember which hotels offered you that? 

On 2/1/2022 at 10:29 PM, pong2 said:

IF you can arrange arrival early morning or be in HTL by noon at the latest. 

Landing at 3PM. Earlier means taking shitty flights. 

1 hour ago, abidismaili said:

What if you get covid on the plane and you test positive in Thailand? Then big problem and big loss of money. Worrying about that. 

A risk I am willing to take. 

5 hours ago, GoldMember said:

Landing at 3PM. Earlier means taking shitty flights. 

Not sure if the timing of your arrival may be affecting the responses you are getting. I arrived early morning and all could get a result by lunch time.

However, the day I departed the hotel requested that I be at their testing spot as early in the morning as possible to guarantee the quick turnaround. 

6 hours ago, CurtisD said:

Sheraton Grande, Le Meridian, Peninsula, Manderin Oriental.

Le merdien wrote me: "As per your email at this moment BNH hospital did not have rapid test anymore so hotel can’t provide rapid test service to the guest. However the result will be announce around 6-12 hours."

Maybe the hospital used to have a rapid PCR but they temporarily stopped offering it to the wide public because of Omicron. That is the situation in my country. 

I did my 1 day quarantine at the end of december.

My hotel first took me from the airport to a hospital for my Covid test, only after that was I taken to the hotel. Maybe this works faster.

If you're tired of waiting for the result, it might be a good idea to call the reception after 8 hours or so. In my experience receptions are not exactly proactive.

3 times out of 3 we got our result only after we called the reception. Once because I saw the result on the Phuket app first, once when I called to ask when I would get my dinner, and my boyfriend also had to call before het got his result

1 hour ago, GoldMember said:

6-12 hours

That means u could be out by around midnight. Might as well assume itll be the next day as bars close early still. I do wonder if u get your negative result, will u able to bring visitor that night. If so, the day is not a total lost hehe

Another issue I had was with the second PCR test (instead of a self-test).

I went to the same hospital where I had my first test (had to return the next day - they didn't have free slots anymore, and I didn't find a way to book ahead).

Luckily I spotted the notice with a QR code for a web site where I could later download my results, because I wasn't contacted by the hospital (despite the having my telephone and e-mail). I believe other people had more trouble. I had the impression staff themselves didn't know about this web site, they certainly didn't point people in the right direction.

On top of that a few days later I received a notice on the Morchana app to tell me I needed to enter my test results, again despite the hospital having all my details. Luckily I had downloaded everything.

The process for receiving test results could have been better organised, to put it mildly (not that there's no issues in my home country).

4 minutes ago, spoon said:

That means u could be out by around midnight. Might as well assume itll be the next day as bars close early still. I do wonder if u get your negative result, will u able to bring visitor that night. If so, the day is not a total lost hehe

I arrived around noon, and had my results around 8PM, so I skipped dinner at the hotel and went to Soi 4 instead 😇. I was tired and my room was in the quarantine section of the hotel (not exactly cheerfull), so I didn't bring visitors.

9 hours ago, abidismaili said:

Do your guys refrain from sex the first 5 days and from massage, to limit the risk of getting covid from a boy and being tested positive ?
And only after day 5 you will do what you normally did? 

Put it this way; I would insist on a hairdresser and a foot-masseur  wearing a mask throughout my stay. And most certainly I'd advise the same for anything more intimate. For the duration of the trip. Being declared positive just as you begin your return would be most disagreeable!

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Put it this way; I would insist on a hairdresser and a foot-masseur  wearing a mask throughout my stay. And most certainly I'd advise the same for anything more intimate. For the duration of the trip. Being declared positive just as you begin your return would be most disagreeable!

The hair dresser is likely to wear a mask anyway.

I don't do foot massages and wearing a face mask would inhibit activities too much for the type of massage I do get.   Also, none of the visitors to my room wear a mask either. 

1-1 engagement is still a low risk, compared to going to dj station unmasked jam packed with people. Similarly, eating in a full-house indoor restaurant with poor ventilation, is higher risk than your 1-1 session in the room. Self test kit is cheap, so u can always ask your boys to take one to reduce chances further. 

I agree, for some activities, wearing masks is just not practical, unless u like gloryhole haha