De7548

Bangkok saunas

2 hours ago, vaughn said:

Krubb Bangkok (@krubb_bkkth) and VCK Cool Space (@vckcoolspace) are the only two I know of, they both are on twitter with opening times and prices etc.

I believe VCK Cool Space is the massage spa attached to Chakran Sauna off Soi Aree. According to its website, Chakran is open. However, for some years it has been virtually sticky Thai and Asian. I am sure some of the other saunas further from the central area will be open, but these tend also to be basically sticky Thai. However I have not been to any and is only what I have heard.

I went to the Chakran sauna, pre-Covid, and as a late 40's white guy, I definitely felt like I didn't belong.  It's an amazing space, with a rooftop sex-filled deck that overlooks the skyline, but it was definitely all young Thais looking for other young Thais.  I miss Babylon. 😪

I went to Chakran in its heyday for farang in the years after its opening around the turn of the century. It was an amazing facility with lots of young Thais and only a few westerners. I think I am right in saying it was the first Bangkok sauna to introduce an all-nude area. There were at that time lounger chairs in front of the bar by the pool. Just sitting enjoying a drink while watching the guys walk down from the first floor on the open stairs opposite was a joy!

Anyone know if Heaven sauna near the end of Silom across from the Holiday Inn Hotel still operates? It was sometimes quite active. A long time ago I met there a lovely guy who worked at the nearby Mandarin Oriental hotel.