sydneyboy1

Entry to Thailand

• Members
48 minutes ago, pong2 said:

Not even that-though it makes it a lot easier.

(those refusing the vaccine can get  in-with recent test results)

and even that piece of paper to be filled in in airplane has gone

I am planning a trip in November, my first visit since Covid. This is the sought of practical information I was after.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, Londoner said:

I checked-in at Heathrow for EVA's BKK flight on Tuesday.

Anyone planning to fly from Heathrow over the summer should be aware that in addition to the cancellation of flights by carriers, Heathrow has informed airlines that it will fly a maximum of 100,000 passengers per day until Spetember 11. It has also advised airlines to stop selling seats for the peak season. This is in addition to the thousands of flights already withdrawn from the schedules. In summer 2019 Heathrow was handling around 125,000 passngers daily.

One of those hardest hit will be Emirates even though it owns its own ground-handling and catering services. It flies 6 daily A380s from Heathrow to Dubai and is therefore able to get many more passengers out of the airport that those operating much smaller aircraft. That airline has slammed Heathrow for its inabiility to gear up as some of the airlilnes have done. Ridicuously it was given just 36 hours to comply wth capacity restrictions.

When I go back to the UK, thankfully I elect to use smaller airports far from London.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/14/heathrow-emirates-airmageddon-summer-flights-disruption

When I arrived at Heathrow back in February, it was all very slick.   I walked up to an e-passport gate with no queue and was through very quickly.   Even the baggage handling wasn't too bad. 

Now in summer, with more traffic, of course it's more difficult.  During the pandemic, the airports had no revenue, so of course many staff have gone off and found other jobs. The airports have found it difficult to replace them.

1073087325_Flightcancellations2022.JPG.2f3cda1934fcde84324ce9d0fa892841.JPG

LHR cancellations have tended to be of short-haul flights and mostly from T3. Predominantly  BA. But this is not say that all was well at T2 on Tuesday. 

The EVA  flight was on time and  ready to leave when " operational issues" induced a full stop. And a two hour wait on the apron leading to the runway. I've never encountered anything like that before.