Novarunner

Sauna and massage recommendations

• Members

I will be traveling to Bogotá and Medellín with my boyfriend soon.  While in Colombia, we want to visit a bathhouse.  Babylon Baths in Bogotá appears to be exactly what we are looking for (clean, modern, big, etc.) but I see that it is no longer open.  Is there something similar in Bogotá or Medellín that is still open?  Advice on what times are best to go would also be welcome.

We also enjoy massage while on vacation.  If anyone out there would care to share some recommendations for where to get a massage in Bogotá or Medellín that would be welcome too.

On 7/26/2023 at 9:55 PM, Novarunner said:

I will be traveling to Bogotá and Medellín with my boyfriend soon.  While in Colombia, we want to visit a bathhouse.  Babylon Baths in Bogotá appears to be exactly what we are looking for (clean, modern, big, etc.) but I see that it is no longer open.  Is there something similar in Bogotá or Medellín that is still open?  Advice on what times are best to go would also be welcome.

We also enjoy massage while on vacation.  If anyone out there would care to share some recommendations for where to get a massage in Bogotá or Medellín that would be welcome too.

Great questions 

• Members
14 hours ago, Novarunner said:

Has anybody been to Complices in Bogotá?

Yes. It is different type of spa since part of the premises include a Gay History Hall of Fame (or similar description) that is open to the public. @Colombiaman on Instagram takes many of his private tours here if you want a preview.

There are a couple of colleges/universities nearby so there can be some rare finds at this spot. The facilities are clean and well maintained but definitely showing their age, and the crowd can be erratic -- gets busy on the weekends but weekdays can be spotty to nearly deserted. Check out their events calendars -- the stripper shows usually pack in the crowds on weekends.

Complices is one of the remaining spas in Bogotá that features massage attendants so that is also an option.

Went over the weekend to Bogota. Complices Spa was not my thing - it's either wear underwear or nude.  Many guys just did underwear which to me killed the vibe of what a bath house is for and turned down the volume per se.  Massage wise Saint Moritz (same building as Gigolo) has massages by very hot and talents guys.  I had a massage from Liam for 90 minutes 200 cop.  worth every dime.  Cash the masseur and the 60 cop to the sauna for use of the room (can credit card it). 

• Members

I visited Complices Spa in Bogota this evening which is a Thursday.  The place was filed with hot 20-somethings, most of which were interested in playing with me even though they are about two-thirds my age and my Spanish is abysmal.  One guy told me Colombians think Americans are hot or, at least that is what I think he said.  For so many different reasons, that absolutely should not be a thing (and may not be since his English was on par with my Spanish) but, in any case, he had a sexy tattoo of a small bird on his chest, abs and a really nice uncut cock so I let him (and others) fuck me.

The sexy underwear or nude dress code does take some getting used to and probably isn’t for everyone but I adapted and got into it pretty quickly.

I’m told Sunday afternoons/evenings are also good.

37 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

A Colombian freind of mine told me that many gay local guys have a dream to fell in love with American and live with him at the US , this explains what he referred to 'hot' .

Same in Philippines....

2 hours ago, Novarunner said:

nude dress code does take some getting used to

I'm used to it 😁 

• Members

I have unfortunately left my thirties behind which raises an interesting point….  Before I left my thirties behind, I had a day to kill in Paris.  I tried Grindr to find a friend but not speaking French made things difficult so I went to Sun City which is, well, similar to Babylon before it closed but in Paris.  Sun City was filled with hot 20-somethings and there wasn’t much talking going on so, initially, I was very excited.  My excitement faded after about half an hour though when it became clear very few people there were interested in what I had to offer.

My theory is that part of the human brain is wired for evolutionary reasons to fuck things that are new and different.  If you name a white European country, chances are I have an ancestor from there which is the long way of saying that I don’t qualify as new and different in Paris but that here in Bogota there just aren’t all that many Irish-English-French-German-Dutch-Nordic guys so you’re stuck with me if that’s what gets you hard.  And, since part of the human brain is also wired to fuck hot young guys with six packs and sexy tattoos and gorgeous, thick, straight (curved is a huge turn off for me which bothers me and I feel badly about because it’s not like they have any control over that but I digress) uncut cocks, this works out well for me.

My friend may have said Americans are hot yesterday but I think that what he meant was that different is hot.  This is of course just a theory so I will continue to conduct additional research.

I am 50 and slim. In Medellin sauna muscled twinks with big dicks politely refused my approach, but in Cali sauna they were happy. Its just coincidence and luck. If you are in 20s, you are lion king of sauna; but if in 50s, more of a dog, who has to sniff few asses before you find your match. As always, initiative brings results (but not in a creepy way).

• Members

I don’t think I ever posted anything but I started reading the gay Thailand forum when I was traveling to SE Asia in my late 20’s.  A massage after a 16 hour flight is a necessity and if it can be done by a hot guy that is also good with playing with my dick, that’s even better.  Go go bar etiquette was not part of my upbringing so I needed to learn about that somewhere too as well.

Do I have a point?  No, not really other than that I suspect the average age of the readership here might be somewhat less than you suggest.  Even if you do happen to be a decent looking 28 year old and meeting other decent looking 28 year olds at DJ Station on Saturday night in Bangkok is an option, that takes effort which might be more than you can muster after a 16 hour flight.  It also could be Wednesday and DJ Station is closed.  Maybe I’m unique but I suspect not.

Bogota has been fun and I’m glad I’m here - I wanted to try something different - but I miss Rio.  There is a lot to be said for staring at the ocean while drinking caipirinhas and being able to speak the language somewhat.

5 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

I am 50 and slim. In Medellin sauna muscled twinks with big dicks politely refused my approach, but in Cali sauna they were happy. Its just coincidence and luck. If you are in 20s, you are lion king of sauna; but if in 50s, more of a dog, who has to sniff few asses before you find your match. As always, initiative brings results (but not in a creepy way).

Just wait until you reach 75!

7 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

The way u phraed it, it's not coincidence but geography...

Recently at a sauna in Pereira where two attractive guys in their 30s initiated contact.... I'm mid-60s... and once in Manizales. I think they all just wanted somebody different to suck their dicks. Anyway I was certainly happy to oblige. Doubt that would ever happen in Medellin.