jason1975

Mister International Thailand 2023

Watching that vdo, I do wish each contestant had worn a number. I also found it rather strange that the models were all virtually identical in height with almost the same sculpted bodies. I'd have assumed a slightly greater variety (or perhaps would have wished for a greater variety since that model look is not my typeย ๐Ÿ˜‰)

I was not aware until I looked up wikipedia that Mister International was actually founded by a Singaporean and run from Singapore from 2006 to 2021. With the death of the founder, the organisation has been moved to Thailand and has a Thai President. Originally it was only for single men. Since the move, fathers, married and divorced men are now permitted to enter as contestants. It has always been held in Asia.

Interestingly, the country with the most titles is Lebanon with 3. Vietnam and Brazil come second with 2. Thailand has never won nor have its entrants ever come in any subsequent positions from 2nd to 5th. I find that rather surprising given that of Asian contestants Vietnam, South Korea and The Philippines have each had 3 finalists in the top 5, whereas Singapore, Japan, ย Indonesia, India, Hong Kong and China have each had one. Last year, though, Mr Thailand won the Mister Photogenic prize.