Moses

The Palestinian Olympic Committee reported the death of 47 athletes in the Gaza Strip

The Palestinian Olympic Committee reported that since the start of the war between the Israeli army and the Palestinian Hamas movement in the Gaza Strip, 47 athletes and 17 representatives of the administrative and technical staff of sports organizations have been killed. 

At least five sports figures have been arrested, the committee notes, and many have been injured. In addition, since the start of attacks on the enclave, the UN Development Program stadium and the Beit Hanoun stadium have come under fire. The stadium, located next to one of the hospitals, “was turned into a mass grave,” the committee added.

The committee says several other sports facilities, including three equestrian clubs, a baseball field and several martial arts centers, were bombed. As WAFA notes, many Palestinians have used sports facilities in the Gaza Strip as refuge.

https://english.wafa.ps/Pages/Details/139941

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/war-has-killed-262-ukrainian-athletes-sports-minister-says-2023-04-02/

Russia's war against Ukraine has claimed the lives of 262 Ukrainian athletes and destroyed 363 sports facilities, the country's sports minister, Vadym Huttsait, said on Saturday.

https://yangoly-sportu.teamukraine.com.ua/en/

Requiem for the Ukrainian athletes who died. See their names, photos, and bios.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1138943/ukraine-fencer-killed-in-war-with-russia

Denys Boreyko, one of Ukraine's leading fencers, has been killed in the war against Russia, it was reported today.

The 34-year-old died on July 3 and was buried on Thursday (July 13), the Ukrainian Fencing Federation said. "Denys was a world champion and European champion among juniors, as well as a master of sports of international class."

https://war.ukraine.ua/heroes/ukrainian-decathlon-champion-volodymyr-androshchuk-was-killed-on-the-battlefield/

Ukrainian athlete Volodymyr Androshchuk died defending Ukraine against the Russian invasion near Bakhmut. Volodymyr’s death was announced on January 25.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-kickboxing-champion-maksym-bordus-killed-fighting-war-website-2023-06-20/

Ukrainian kickboxing champion Maksym Bordus has been killed fighting Russian forces, a website that lists athletes killed in the war said on Tuesday. Bordus was killed on June 11 in "fierce fighting against Russian invaders." Bordus, who was born in 2000, had signed up to fight for the Ukrainian army on the first day of Russia's full-scale invasion in February last year. A petition was posted on President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's website calling for Bordus to be posthumously awarded the title of "Hero of Ukraine".

10 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend and accept?

It is hard because you manipulatively compare results of 2 years with results of 2 months.

By the way, I think Israel killed "only" 47 just because weak Palestinian Olympic team hasn't more athletes 

25 minutes ago, Moses said:

It is hard because you manipulatively compare results of 2 years with results of 2 months.

Do you know what the word manipulatively actually means? I guess not.

I said I was comparing. I said nothing about equivalency. 

I think the Russian habit of propaganda has led you to believe that all facts are "manipulation"! Poor boy. 😰

29 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I don't see these kinds of threads on SGT.  Why?

Given that @Moses owns and runs SGT, I am also confused. Why does he post here and get into quite a few argumentative discussions which he hardly ever backs up with background links when with very rare exceptions he does not post such threads on his own site? Is it because he knows SGT gets so few posts these days and most are specifically related to Pattaya?

Yet SGT does have a Gay World forum where this and other posts he has started making here could easily be added. Then again, given that that World forum has had all of a mere 12 threads during the course of the last 12 months, he must know that if he posted there most of the readership would likely ignore them. 

I suggest he should try - and then see what happens. I may be completely wrong - but I think not :devil:

2 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

He craves the attention he gets here, but he doesn't realize that it's mostly mockery. 

Dear, without signatures (and Siamroads advertising) in posts as it was at past, attention has no sense. I just love it when some users suddenly discover that the Western point of view is not the only one in this world, and react nervously to this discovery.

6 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I don't see these kinds of threads on SGT.  Why?

Just because there are no fans of politic. Only few political threads were created by CDNMatt there, he is gone. I created zero political threads there.

And here it’s interesting to poke an anthill with a stick. Everyone starts fussing and getting angry.

It’s especially funny to watch supporters of democratic views: when they don’t have any arguments against my statements, they begin to betray their own beliefs and get personal, or even offer to ban me. Ban is so democratic, right? Victory for freedom of speech.

Just a clarification…

Freedom of speech is a concept related to being able to say whatever you would like without being punished by a government authority. The freedom of speech guarantees in the United States are quite extensive. In other western countries, there are certain things that cannot be said, publicly, without violating specific laws. There are very specific issues in Thailand that cannot be discussed publicly without violating laws. In repressive dictatorships like Russia, the list of things you cannot discuss is extensive and not always clearly defined, making it easier for the government to arrest you if they so desire.

Freedom of speech also does not mean freedom from the consequences of that speech.  People can counter your speech with their own speech.  They can hold you in low regard.  They can go so far as to shun you and refuse to have anything to do with you.  None of this violates your freedom of speech.

You seem to confuse freedom of speech, which is a government issue with the right to say whatever you’d like in a private domain. You can’t just go into somebody’s house and insult them and expect that they’re going to respect your freedom of speech and not kick you out on the street. The same actually applies to the Internet. the host of the website can decide what is acceptable behavior or not. People on the Internet, who are arguing so vociferously for their freedom of speech are often times just arguing for the right to state offensive things without consequences. No internet host has to put up with speech that they find offensive.  They don’t even have to put up with speech that they find boring and trollish.

It seems bizarre to argue for freedom of speech on someone else’s internet site, when one has their own internet site where they could post whatever they would like, but choose not to.  That sounds more like trolling behavior.  Being banned from a site because you deliberately post things with the sole intent of provoking others would not be a violation of your freedom of speech.  You have your own website on which you can post whatever you like.  Therefore, your freedom of speech would not have been violated. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Travelingguy said:

Just a clarification…

Freedom of speech is a concept related to being able to say whatever you would like without being punished by a government authority...

Another clarification: freedom of speech doesn't quite mean the government can't prohibit ANY speech. Prohibited speech includes defamation/slander, threats, fraud, and perjury. 

• Members
4 hours ago, unicorn said:

Another clarification: freedom of speech doesn't quite mean the government can't prohibit ANY speech. Prohibited speech includes defamation/slander, threats, fraud, and perjury. 

...as well as other speech that harms the judicial process can be prohibited.

231002100805-01-trump-fraud-trial-unf.jp

47 minutes ago, reader said:

So you decided to bring them here? Here, where you get free advertising for your business?

1. It isn't my business. It is coop. And on my side it is non-profitable

2. Why not? How my political views are involved into tours around Asia?

3. What about freedom of speech?

4. If someone decides to ignore the Asia tour because on some forum on the Internet I tell my points of view on current events, they will shoot themselves in the foot - they will be left without a tour, not me, I will lose nothing (see p.1).

5. Siamroads is the only place to book gay tours in SouthEast Asia. Before Covid, there was also a Purple Dragon, but it did not survive because it worked for profit, which disappeared during the Covid years, and I continued to pay for servers and support the guys, and I continue to do so.

6. political discussions appeared on this forum long before I began participating in them