reader

Khao San Road next on list for 4a.m. closing

Interior Minister Anutin Charvirakul said that he was ready to consider expanding the zones where entertainment places can open until 4am in order to boost the economy during a visit Saturday night to Khao San Road.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2707248/zones-for-nightspot-4am-closing-time-can-expand-anutin

There is a tonne of fun to be had in Khao San. It isn't just backpackers. You actually get a fair number of Thai students there in search of cheap booze and bright lights. Plus, watching la comédie humaine is always amusing. As far as a gay bar in Khao San goes, does one really need a gay bar to have fun or find an encounter in Thailand?

• Members
44 minutes ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

As far a gay bar in Khao San goes, does one really need a gay bar to have fun or find an encounter in Thailand?

As an older man like you and I, I am afraid that this is yes.  However, you can always make a fool of yourself if you like.  I heard the easiest way to mingle is to stay at a backpackers shared bunker hostel, those young guys can keep talking about sexy Thai women.

49 minutes ago, scott456 said:

As an older man like you and I, I am afraid that this is yes.  However, you can always make a fool of yourself if you like.  I heard the easiest way to mingle is to stay at a backpackers shared bunker hostel, those young guys can keep talking about sexy Thai women.

You could always try a nursing home instead. Might have luck with your peer group.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:26 AM, scott456 said:

If you look at the Blowing Wind website, recommended by PeterRS, a Singaporean based website, there are some graphic descriptions of encounters in these hostels. Interestingly, bearing in mind the comments on here about ageing farang, most of the posters on BW are young, and come to Bangkok for sex!

• Members
32 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

If you look at the Blowing Wind website, recommended by PeterRS, a Singaporean based website, there are some graphic descriptions of encounters in these hostels. Interestingly, bearing in mind the comments on here about ageing farang, most of the posters on BW are young, and come to Bangkok for sex!

LOL.

6 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Young guys from EA will find easy sex everywhere in BKK and Khao San road isn't exception in that.I didn't like the remodeling of the street most of the backpackers ambiance was gone it can be nice to stroll around in the evening for a visit but not more than that.