Riobard

Assumption Cathedral; luncheon Mandarin Oriental’s La Normandie

37 minutes ago, vinapu said:

If one is not happy with meal at Normandie world famous Madrid Tavern , previously of Patpong is located steps from cathedral in soi 49 on other side of Charoen Krung street. 

Madrid is no longer in Patpong?

17 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Madrid is no longer in Patpong?

not for probably 3 years already. Apparently rent was up for renewal and quotation was too high so owner decided to move it to current location in Charoen Krung soi 49.it's at end of soi facing elevated highway. But menu it still original one and  pizzas are tasting as good as in Patpong 

• Members
On 1/28/2024 at 11:26 PM, sydneyboy1 said:

Le Normandie. The best restaurant in the world. My absolute favourite.

It is now partnered with The Waterside Inn in UK and Chef Alain Roux. I needed no antidote to great local cuisine but it hit the spot as part of a broad range of options and alerted me to Baan Phraya at the hotel’s spa across the river. 

Wasn't it downgraded from 2 to 1 star Michelin in the last publication?

Personally, I found the food there just so-so, nothing exceptional and can see why they lost one star and for example Gaa gained one more and now has 2 stars. Probably the best Indian food I've had, including some famous places in India.

• Members
13 hours ago, hojacat said:

Wasn't it downgraded from 2 to 1 star Michelin in the last publication?

Personally, I found the food there just so-so, nothing exceptional and can see why they lost one star and for example Gaa gained one more and now has 2 stars. Probably the best Indian food I've had, including some famous places in India.

Sorry to break it to you but Michelin Tire Man is deflating your tired comment several pressure points as I had a delicious lunch at a decent French restaurant conveniently located where my sightseeing took me that day, not multi tasting course mid-evening meal at a South Asia themed restaurant. Nothing personal.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Riobard said:

Sorry to break it to you but Michelin Tire Man is deflating your tired comment several pressure points as I had a delicious lunch at a decent French restaurant conveniently located where my sightseeing took me that day, not multi tasting course mid-evening meal at a South Asia themed restaurant. Nothing personal.

giphy.gif

Odd comment!