frazzle

I can't figure out where to stay in Bogotá

I'm doing my first solo trip to Bogota before meeting a friend in Medellin. My plan is to meet a few sex workers who I've found through one of the agency recommendations here. Yes, I know this isn't recommended but I'll take several precautions and accept the risk. 

One issue is I can't find any place to stay where I can discreetly bring them back to. AirBnB makes it really hard to see which buildings have doormen and which have no guest policies. As far as I can tell from reading here and elsewhere, most hotels don't allow guests at all and if they do they have to register with the front desk and you have to pay an extra fee. This isn't ideal, I'd like somewhere that isn't so strict or at least a place I can walk up with them to without being bothered. 

There are so few houses available for rent in the city. I have a flexible budget and every reasonably nice house is on a gated street with its own security guard... so the exact same issue. I'm just trying to hookup with some guys discreetly.

Are there any options other than motels? I've read a ton of threads here and feel like I may be missing something obvious. 

• Members
1 hour ago, aaroninatl said:

I have been lucky w the Airbnb I've used too. But keep in mind in Chapinero there are at least a dozen love motels.  They're cheap and add a little fun to the experience.

Agree. There is no reason to panic about having assignations thwarted. The motel I have used also didn’t unlock the reception exit unless I ushered my ‘guest’ out in person after the session. The room was modern and very nice.

I disagree that one cannot determine Airbnb guest policy ahead of booking. They are written or absent. I do agree that it is wise to communicate intent to host a friend for quiet drinks/dinner but not “party” events and that you wish to view any guest policy prior to booking, not be presented with new regulations at the point (usually 24-48 hrs) detailed check-in instructions are released. This inquiry may raise eyebrows but may help you to disqualify the more rigid host. The majority of hosts recognize we don’t live in a social vacuum. Nationals using the platform would, in fact, be expected to host friends because that would be the primary reason for renting the place. Hosts just don’t want noise complaints or damaging wear and tear. 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:32 AM, 12is12 said:

Frazzle, I checkes last year, and there were several hotels reported as open to visitors without payment: Viaggio 617, bogo 64, mercure. 

What's an "agency rcmndtion here"?

Mercure have 3 different hotels in Bogota : Calle 100, BH Retiro and BH Zona Financiera  Which of them is visitors friendly?

• Members
On 2/25/2024 at 9:33 PM, frazzle said:

AirBnB makes it really hard to see which buildings have doormen and which have no guest policies.

AirBNB has a 'Contact Host' option where it is possible to message the owner of a particular rental & ask questions.  Better to know up front if the owner has a guest policy.

Hotels: Mercure BH Zona Financiera and Holiday Inn Exp. & Suites Bogota. 

Airbnb: just message the host before you and ask if visitors are allowed. Most will reply that it is no issue even with doormen/security at the front desk/entrance. Local guys have no issue showing ID to security staff to visit you; it is entirely normal. 

I did 4 airbnb in medellin. one had a front desk guy who insisted on ID and maybe (nicely) frowned on the number of men I had in and out  but no problem (and oddly on the last day gave me the contact info of a male friend who did massages). .  the last host gave me a bad review for "violating the no guest rule" which was in fact NOT in the list of rules.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:33 PM, frazzle said:

I'm doing my first solo trip to Bogota before meeting a friend in Medellin. My plan is to meet a few sex workers who I've found through one of the agency recommendations here. Yes, I know this isn't recommended but I'll take several precautions and accept the risk. 

One issue is I can't find any place to stay where I can discreetly bring them back to. AirBnB makes it really hard to see which buildings have doormen and which have no guest policies. As far as I can tell from reading here and elsewhere, most hotels don't allow guests at all and if they do they have to register with the front desk and you have to pay an extra fee. This isn't ideal, I'd like somewhere that isn't so strict or at least a place I can walk up with them to without being bothered. 

There are so few houses available for rent in the city. I have a flexible budget and every reasonably nice house is on a gated street with its own security guard... so the exact same issue. I'm just trying to hookup with some guys discreetly.

Are there any options other than motels? I've read a ton of threads here and feel like I may be missing something obvious. 

How did you like Bogota?