reader

Thailand voted the World’s best country to visit in your lifetime

From Thai PBS World

On CEOWORLD magazine’s list of “World’s Best Countries To Visit In Your Lifetime 2024”, Thailand is ranked top, according to Government Spokesman Chai Wacharonke.

The ranking is based on feedback from over 295,000 readers, making it the highest level of participation in the magazine’s history.

According to CEOWORLD, Thailand offers a diverse range of experiences, such as wild nightlife, delicious food, vibrant art and culture, great shopping options, winding rivers and canals, Buddhist temples and night markets. Visitors can also visit more peaceful locations in Bangkok, such as Bang Krachao Island.

The rankings are:

1. Thailand, 72.15%

2. Greece, 67.22%

3. Indonesia, 65.15%

4. Portugal, 64.32%

5. Sri Lanka, 60.54%

6. South Africa, 59.76%

7. Peru, 59.76%

8. Italy, 57.77%

9. India. 57.65%

10. The United Arab Emirates, 57.38%

while wholeheartedly I agree with Thailand top position, rest is bit questionable -  relatively low place of India or Italy with relation to Greece, absence of Mexico , USA , Spain , France , Turkey and UK and prominent position of Emirates makes me wonder. 

Truth is , always  those types of rankings produce results questionable results. Me and my travelling friends often recall similar ranking from one of luxury travel magazines in early  90 ties when Palm Springs California came on top of most desired cities to visit leaving in the dust behind Paris, Rome , Rio, Tokyo, NY and all other worthies including   St.Olaf,  MN

• Members
10 hours ago, reader said:

From Thai PBS World

On CEOWORLD magazine’s list of “World’s Best Countries To Visit In Your Lifetime 2024”, Thailand is ranked top, according to Government Spokesman Chai Wacharonke.

The ranking is based on feedback from over 295,000 readers, making it the highest level of participation in the magazine’s history.

According to CEOWORLD, Thailand offers a diverse range of experiences, such as wild nightlife, delicious food, vibrant art and culture, great shopping options, winding rivers and canals, Buddhist temples and night markets. Visitors can also visit more peaceful locations in Bangkok, such as Bang Krachao Island.

The rankings are:

1. Thailand, 72.15%

2. Greece, 67.22%

3. Indonesia, 65.15%

4. Portugal, 64.32%

5. Sri Lanka, 60.54%

6. South Africa, 59.76%

7. Peru, 59.76%

8. Italy, 57.77%

9. India. 57.65%

10. The United Arab Emirates, 57.38%

Oh, of course. Because Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and the UAE are so much more interesting than Egypt, Cambodia, France, Turkey, or the US.... 😄 That has got to be the silliest list I've ever seen. It just shows what some tourist offices are willing to pay to get on silly lists.

6 Facts about Amazing Abu Simbel Temples: Egypt's Sentinel.

Top Half Day Tour To East Bank Visit Karnak And Luxor Temples

Cambodia Up Close: 7 Must-See Sites at Angkor Wat

Palace of Versailles - A Symbol of 17th-Century French Monarchy – Go Guides

103 Loire Valley castles to discover (list + photos)

Hagia Sophia | Hagia Sophia Museum | Memphis Tours

Cappadocia welcomes more than 35,000 visitors in two days - Türkiye News

Visiting Grand Canyon National Park Will Be More Dangerous in the Future -  Thrillist

Bryce Canyon History - Bryce Canyon Country

16 hours ago, vinapu said:

while wholeheartedly I agree with Thailand top position, rest is bit questionable -  relatively low place of India or Italy with relation to Greece, absence of Mexico , USA , Spain , France , Turkey and UK and prominent position of Emirates makes me wonder. 

Truth is , always  those types of rankings produce results questionable results. Me and my travelling friends often recall similar ranking from one of luxury travel magazines in early  90 ties when Palm Springs California came on top of most desired cities to visit leaving in the dust behind Paris, Rome , Rio, Tokyo, NY and all other worthies including   St.Olaf,  MN

I know someone  who is very keen on Turkey!

7 hours ago, unicorn said:

One man's opinion regarding Asian countries. Probably pretty accurate.

accurate or not which can be disputed to no end it's very informative , free of cheap propaganda  and easy to watch. Thank you for finding it for us and posting here

5 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

Ukraine is generally considered to be in Europe.

Europe is part of the areas mentioned in the blog!