Shax

Bangkok April 2024 Brief Trip Report

thank you for this and earlier report about Tawan 

Wonder who that former Tawan boy in Sol could be but hopefully somebody will spy  on that for us. Wonder how sound level in Sol was as in January I left bar half deaf.

\waiting impatiently for a next installment.

Just now, Marc in Calif said:

Have you recovered the full 50%?

I thought so until last night I tried to watch Perth Nahun clip 10tazione posted in BL thread. I couldn't hear and gave up. Luckily this morning it seems all good with my hearing so I will watch it again.

I wonder if it was me or something  in actual recording .

10 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I thought so until last night I tried to watch Perth Nahun clip 10tazione posted in BL thread. I couldn't hear and gave up. Luckily this morning it seems all good with my hearing so I will watch it again.

I wonder if it was me or something  in actual recording .

9 minutes ago, vinapu said:

yes, when somebody says ' take it' I can hear, when he says ' give me that" I still don't 

You might have what we call "selective hearing." 

You hear what you want to hear only when you want to hear it. 😍

That could be the case or it could be a number of other reasons. Whatever it may be, I hope they both got something good out of the arrangement.

My objective for the next trip - try and off a guy from Jupiter 🤣

4 hours ago, Shax said:

My objective for the next trip - try and off a guy from Jupiter 🤣

not that it's an overwhelming task although at  first look seems like one owing to bar mandated disinterested look boys there sport.

But when you invite them to sit with you they may be all clings and smiles.

19 minutes ago, vinapu said:

not that it's an overwhelming task although at  first look seems like one owing to bar mandated disinterested look boys there sport.

But when you invite them to sit with you they may be all clings and smiles.

Agree that it's not an overwhelming task. But coaxing myself to be interested to a guy sporting a "resting b*tch face" can be a challenge. 😜

But I join Shax in this resolution to off a Jupiter guy next time I'm in Bangkok. 

25 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

But coaxing myself to be interested to a guy sporting a "resting b*tch face" can be a challenge. 😜

it's indeed is, it's why I, who usually look for a smile before deciding on the boy  rarely off from Jupiter but almost always visit it on my first or 2nd night in Bangkok. For esthetics of looking at their handsome crew and then look for earthly  pleasures nearby, in other bars

12 minutes ago, vinapu said:

it's indeed is, it's why I, who usually look for a smile before deciding on the boy  rarely off from Jupiter but almost always visit it on my first or 2nd night in Bangkok. For esthetics of looking at their handsome crew and then look for earthly  pleasures nearby, in other bars

+1

I would always visit this bar in all my visits, mainly to appreciate the beauty of the models and their well choreographed performances. Just need to add offing a guy from there to this. Perhaps an invitation to sit for a drink first would be good, just to get a feel of whether they are even interested.

16 hours ago, Shax said:

Jupiter

The entrance fee is THB 500. Unlike my previous trip in November last year, the bar had a sizeable number of female customers (some of whom were quite rowdy during the shows). The boys and shows were pretty much the same. I think I have a crush on the cute singer who would usually perform a few sets before the show starts. 😬

There was this young looking twunk customer at the bar that I took notice of because he kept changing seats. When the show was close to starting, a model just walked in wearing street clothes (presumably from a previous off). Upon seeing this model, the twunk almost jumped out of his seat to catch the nearest papasan, talking while pointing at the model. Not sure what was the discussion but the papasan was shaking his head a lot and the twunk went back to his seat. A little while after that, the twunk again went to talk to the same papasan and after some time, I saw the model went to join the twunk (who, at this point, was smiling ear to ear) at his seat. My assumption (which could be completely wrong) is that the model was initially not available but after some persuasion, the twunk was able to get the model. I was actually impressed by how assertive and persistent the twunk was but I also noticed the uncomfortable look on the model's face. I hope they ended up having a mutually enjoyable night.

With so many female customers,  did the dancers perform more to the girls or equally to the guys?  In the past I have noticed that the dancers seem to gravitate more to the females but expect the males to give them a tip.  My thought: if they dance and perform for the girls, let the girls tip them.  My tip money for nothing - no way José.

In Jupiter I did not mercifully notice much effort to extract tips. Perhaps when boy is sitting with customer is making some moves but during their walkabouts mostly there are disinterested stares as mandated by the boss. After that they usually sit in the shadows waiting until somebody calls them over.

Jupiter is the only bar I can honestly say that I have no desire whatsoever to visit. Although fully aware of its reputation to put on display beautiful men, the accompanying attitude makes it a total no-go venue for me. It would be like visiting a museum full of modern art: nothing there to attract me.

2 hours ago, reader said:

It would be like visiting a museum full of modern art: nothing there to attract me.

what do you mean? not even that handsome ticket seller or those two tall handholding visitors in hall 12 ? 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

but during their walkabouts mostly there are disinterested stares as mandated by the boss

I always wonder what's the logic behind this.

38 minutes ago, Shax said:

I always wonder what's the logic behind this.

I asked that question  two different boys on two different occasions on different trips and answer was the same - management thinks it's client  who should pursue boy , not other way around. While there's certain logic in that as some Tawan customers   may attest - there boys approached clients freely and shy ones could feel  unduly pressed.

But end of day result of such policy is that  a lot of Jupiter customers  leave with impression that boys are not interested at all an nobody can blame them. 

Only because I braved and offed few guys from there I know that as soon as they are seated with us , behavior goes back to normal so to speak. On another hand I can confirm that it's a bit of truth in opinion that their boys tend to rush things , specially on the first meeting.

Again it's not universal - I even know one member who foolishly declined boy's offer to extend peace discussion till morning for very modest consideration. Some people are such wasters ! 

2 hours ago, reader said:

As I've gotten older I find that I no longer seek out guys with glorious bodies or prettiest faces. Perfectly willing to settle for attractive young men who offer affection and intimacy sans the attitude games. Nevertheless fully appreciate why others do flock to Jupiter.

I say amen to what you wrote above.

That is why I chose to retire in Asia and not Europe or the USA - where the attitude games are a daily ongoing frustration.