omega

Where to go this Christmas...

I'm based in Europe, and this year I don't have a big budget. Because I don't have much in the way of family, I like to escape to somewhere warm with pretty guys to chase. Normally, Thailand would be on my list; but demand leads to flights and hotels being more expensive than normal.

Anyone have ideas for somewhere fun to go at Christmas in Europe... preferably somewhere warm and sunny. Gran Canaria is on my list... but it's expensive for what it is.

Other places I haven't thought of/considered?

Why don't you try The Philippines?🇵🇭

Probably meet many guys for free  although you can go to Cebu islands and Duamagette 

I'm not sure the airfare however hotels will be on par or more expensive than Thailand so Airbnb is better in Philippines 

It's also a Christian country so Xmas is celebrating not that it matters to you 

You will probably money guys for free 

You will need to plan it though.

Though Vietnam maybe a dark horse...

I wonder what Vietnam will be like at Xmas ?

I heard it's the cheapest Asian country , I think Vietnam maybe cheaper for flights and accommodation out of all them.?

But . I'm not sure the other parts of your trip goals , 

eg meeting people to spend Xmas with otherwise you will be alone Xmas day in a foreign country.

My picks Vietnam 🇻🇳

If financial is the key goal  for the OP do others suggest Vietnam ?

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

eg meeting people to spend Xmas with otherwise you will be alone Xmas day in a foreign country.

no harm done. I was in both  Bangkok and Hanoi , on separate trips of course and did not feel lonely at all , specially that in both places it was regular working and bustling day. 

For many  of us Christmas as well as other holidays is day spent with people not necessarily we like company of that much, talking about  things not exactly  we are interested in. 

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

no harm done. I was in both  Bangkok and Hanoi , on separate trips of course and did not feel lonely at all , specially that in both places it was regular working and bustling day. 

For many  of us Christmas as well as other holidays is day spent with people not necessarily we like company of that much, talking about  things not exactly  we are interested in. 

Good point. Often Christmas  spent with those you feel an obligation to, is unhappy.  I am considering  Christmas  away this year, with no guilt feelings. 

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

Amen to those words.  I often dreaded Xmas time with people that made me uneasy - especially when the booze started flowing.  So, Xmas in any other place - even if alone - was a GREAT alternative to the status quo.  😇

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Why don't you try The Philippines?🇵🇭

Probably meet many guys for free  although you can go to Cebu islands and Duamagette 

I'm not sure the airfare however hotels will be on par or more expensive than Thailand so Airbnb is better in Philippines 

It's also a Christian country so Xmas is celebrating not that it matters to you 

You will probably money guys for free 

You will need to plan it though.

Though Vietnam maybe a dark horse...

I wonder what Vietnam will be like at Xmas ?

I heard it's the cheapest Asian country , I think Vietnam maybe cheaper for flights and accommodation out of all them.?

But . I'm not sure the other parts of your trip goals , 

My picks Vietnam 🇻🇳

Budget is the primary concern, and there just isn't any good flight deals around the Christmas period. Hotel prices too, tend to be more expensive over this period, even in non-christian countries. Basically, take a good price at any other time of the year, and double it.

So to keep the budget, I think I need to be looking closer to Europe.

9 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Amen to those words.  I often dreaded Xmas time with people that made me uneasy - especially when the booze started flowing.  So, Xmas in any other place - even if alone - was a GREAT alternative to the status quo.  😇

Completely agree. And judging by the demand hikes around that time of year, many others also agree :D

On 6/11/2024 at 7:37 PM, Olddaddy said:

Agree that Vietnam would be a finer choice but you’ll find accommodations (especially in Ho Chi Minh City) can frequently be higher than in Thailand’s major cities. 

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm not sure where Gran Canaria is , haven't bothered to google it 

Spain may be another option for you 

I hope  you're not forgetting that Gran Canaria is in Spain?

4 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I hope  you're not forgetting that Gran Canaria is in Spain?

Oh is it ?😄

I'm from Australia so no idea 

7 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm not sure where Gran Canaria is , haven't bothered to google it 

Spain may be another option for you 

Gran Canaria is part of Canary Islands, they in turn are part of Spain but are located on Atlantic close to southern Morocco which in turn is in  North Africa

34 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Oh is it ?😄

don't worry , I always mix Vanuatu with Tonga

12 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Oh is it ?😄

Yep, It's a big destination for gay guys in Europe. Some great resorts that cater specifically to gay guys, along with lots of nightlife along the lines of Soi4 or Jomtien, but with cruise bars and no go-go bars. You'll find lots of dark rooms, but you won't find anyone to "off" for a fee. You might find money boys on the apps.

But, the pink premium is charged.

3 hours ago, omega said:

Yep, It's a big destination for gay guys in Europe. Some great resorts that cater specifically to gay guys, along with lots of nightlife along the lines of Soi4 or Jomtien, but with cruise bars and no go-go bars. You'll find lots of dark rooms, but you won't find anyone to "off" for a fee. You might find money boys on the apps.

But, the pink premium is charged.

so in short, go to Bangkok or Pattaya instead

3 hours ago, omega said:

I'm not sure I'd want to do Romania. Doesn't strike me as a very gay friendly place, but I don't know much about it.

stunning and relatively wild mountains, folk culture still alive and painted monasteries of Moldova in Suceava area are very unique and well worth effort, Also Danube delta for nature lovers.

For gay friendly we still have Thailand at the ready

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

stunning and relatively wild mountains, folk culture still alive and painted monasteries of Moldova in Suceava area are very unique and well worth effort, Also Danube delta for nature lovers.

For gay friendly we still have Thailand at the ready

I think Translvanyia Dracula is in Romania ?🧛🧛

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

was. for all we know he died and is still dead 

Maybe not🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️

On 6/13/2024 at 5:10 AM, vinapu said:

Gran Canaria is part of Canary Islands, they in turn are part of Spain but are located on Atlantic close to southern Morocco which in turn is in  North Africa

don't worry , I always mix Vanuatu with Tonga

Perhaps he doesn't know where Africa is?

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Perhaps he doesn't know where Africa is?

Perhaps you don't know where Tasmania is?😲