vinapu

Final Notes for December 2014 trip

For those who find my day to day account in an 'Off to Thailand again " thread

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9774-off-to-thailand-again-december-2014-trip/page-9

boring and/ or  too long

below are  my notes and information you may find usefull.

Getting from/to airport

cheapest and depending on time of day even fastest way is City Link train to Phaya Thai BTS / elevated railway / station.Train runs every 15 minutes and it takes about 30 minutes to get there with 6 station on the way. It costs 45 baht.

Those with staying at Nasa Vegas hotel - it just across the street from RamKamhaeng station. At Makkasan station you can transfer / separate ticket necessary / to MRT / underground/ Petchaburi station via covered walkway, well posted. To transfer to BTS you need separate ticket as well.

all three- City Link, MRT and BTS run 6-24 only so for those , mainly North Americans, arriving past midnight and departing early taxi are only option.

Taxi system is well organized at the airport, line up , you will get ticket with stand number , go to taxi waiting there and off you go. Mete to Silom area should be about 260 baht plus 50 bah airport supplement payable to the driver and if you wish to go via tollway 70 bahts in tolls payable by you.

Getting around

best way is BTS and MRT as taxis are notoriously stuck in traffic. You can transfer from one to other but need to buy separate ticket. I used few times BTS day ticket which costs 130 bath but it makes sense only if you are making at least 4 trips that day. This ticket is valid on day of purchase only so don't even try to buy in advance.

Best way to get to more remote areas is to go as far as possible by either one and than take a taxi or mototaxi to get to your destination. You not necessarily save money that way but certainly time. Traffic is horrendous in BKK.

Very scenic and to some destinations practical are Chao Praya River Express boat, best way to get to Grand Palace and khlong ( canal) Saen Saeb boats - best to get to Bangkapi and Golden Mount temple, tickets on the board.

Taxis are cheap and plentifull, if driver refuses to use meter ,  get out and next on will show up in 2-3 minutes the most. 

Mototaxis are fun but can be dangerous, I love them, not practical for longer diostances but ideal for short hops like Silom-Sukhumvit ot from BTS to your destination

Getting to/from Pattaya

there's train at 6.55, scenic but slow most practical are either vans from Victory Monument or buses from Ekkamai station , both very close to BTS 

Van is cheaper at 100 baht, departs every 20 or so minutes , will get you to Wat Chai area, walking distance to Boyztown and Sunee but can be cramped and not suitable if you have a big luggage also nothing stops you from buying 2 seats if you don't want to keep your suitcase on you knees, after all 100 baht is only 3$.

Bus is also frequent, every 30-60 minutes, costs 124 baht, more comfortable than van but in Pattaya you may take a taxi or songtaew to your destination as bus station is a bit far.

Pattaya is walkable city, only  Jomtien and bus a station are too far to walk, take songtaew or motorsai.

Hotels

Hotels

I'm not looking for luxuries, like to stay close to an action in places where 's no fuss with visitors. Working A/c a must, I'm not sensitive to a noise and don't care about dining facilities and elevators. Used following:

BBB Inn - right behind soi Twilight, Snake Farm across the street, 

no elevator, safety deposit box on reception, no blanket- always use big towel they provide instead, no dining facilities, usually have breakfast at Foodland, Patpong 2 when staying there, massage boys on duty 7/24 so you can get horny at any time, best A/C of them all., marble bathroom, free computer in the lobby. I love the place, always stay there at least for 2-3 nights although at 1320 a bit overpriced

Tarntawan - steps from Tawan, tucked in  a quiet alley. More luxurious than other I used and at 2000 better it will be, Treat myself over weekend  just for fun.Free sumptuous breakfast included if you book for 2 your guest will get one as well.Safety box in the room did not work but I prefer one on reception anyways. Bathtub instead of just a shower, free computers in the lobby. For me top of luxury and much more than I need but will be back.

Take A Nap - right beside BBB Inn, 900 / night, very nice and helpful staff, elevator working, cheap beer in the lobby at 40/baht , free computers in the lobby well positioned to check on passing eye candy, if you not a resident it cost 30 baht to use, no time limit it seams, safe deposit box in the room working, refrigerator provided for your provisions, visitors free to go in and out so you on your own if  something gets wrong,rooms small with basic desk, breakfast included but very basic, A/c quiet but very slow, good enough in winter but I have my doubts about hotter months. Basic and affordable, not my first choice but still workable alternative.

Le Cafe Royale, Boystown, Pattaya

small place right at the center of the action so you are steps from everywhere and all soi will check on your guests, elevator, safety box in the room., A/C all working perfect, ,breakfast and 7.5%  tax not included in the rate of 1100, restaurant on the first floor a bit costly but still affordable , if you want save some money, cheaper Boat bakery is just across the street, guests are leaving ID on reception, mini bar in the room. As long as I'm concerned great value for money and will return.

Malaysia Hotel

best value for money IMNSHO, 875 / night, breakfast not included but can be had in a restaurant downstairs open 7/24, computer access 40 / baht hr., 70/ 2 hrs. Spacious and airy room with a view, not just a wall, two beds- big and small, refrigerator in the room, safety deposit box on reception, need 500 baht refundable deposit, moneyboys gone, bathtub instead of just shower, visitors welcomed but with ID only, A/c good and well positioned / I hate when cold air blows directly on the bed/. Love the place and will be back , only disadvantage is a bit of distance from the action but you can be in Silom for 50 baht and motorsai from Lumpini MRT costs just 20 baht if you are too lazy to walk. Even with those extra expenses still cheap option.

Om Yim

very close contender for best value for money 1000/ night , breakfast not included but can be had in a restaurant downstairs, safety deposit box in the room working, no elevator, steps from Chong Nonsi BTS yet still very quiet., guest ID hold on reception, refrigerator provided, money changer with best rates very close and so is Arena. Easy walking distance to Silom and soi Twilight or short hop by taxi. If sentenced to staying in just one hotel this would be my choice. Cemetery  behind, how convenient !

Nantra Silom

in Silom soi 8 , close to Tawan. 1200/night, breakfast included, three free computers in the lobby with very fast connection, elevator working, safety deposit box in the room did not work but no problem at end of stay when one lives out of cash advances. Very clean and modern but room very small. A/c blowing directly on the bed. Staff from reception quite often absent so technically everybody can pick up your key from the counter and go to your room if you not there, keep it in mind. Not a bad option, room  just bit of claustrophobic.  

will post my go-go and massage notes later, so watch this space if interested, need to go now

Boring or to long, are not words that I would used to describe your postings of your adventures. I looked forward everyday to reading how your day went. You do more in 2 days than I do when I am in Bangkok for a month. I leave in February for a months stay and hope to get out and about a bit more using a few of you suggestions .

Boring or to long, are not words that I would used to describe your postings of your adventures. I looked forward everyday to reading how your day went. You do more in 2 days than I do when I am in Bangkok for a month. I leave in February for a months stay and hope to get out and about a bit more using a few of you suggestions .

Thank you , you way too kind.

My first 8 trips were short ones / 5-7 / so I used to spent days in BKK very intensively and this habit seems to stuck with me even during longer trips like last two, truth is I sleep very little when in LOS and not only because I rarely sleep alone, for that I have home.

Guest xiandarkthorne

I'm one of those  who paid a Tawan guy 3000 Baht for short time (August 2014). My own fault really as I didn't bother to ask or bargain before I offed him but since he did everything I asked and allowed me to do everything I wanted without complaint, I figured it was worth it. Certainly better and much more enjoyable than some of the 1500 Baht guys I offed at some of the other bars. After years without picking a dud, last year I ended up with two in four days. Hopefully that's my quota of bad choices and lousy offing luck over and done with for the next ten years.

I'm one of those  who paid a Tawan guy 3000 Baht for short time (August 2014). My own fault really as I didn't bother to ask or bargain before I offed him but since he did everything I asked and allowed me to do everything I wanted without complaint, I figured it was worth it. Certainly better and much more enjoyable than some of the 1500 Baht guys I offed at some of the other bars. After years without picking a dud, last year I ended up with two in four days. Hopefully that's my quota of bad choices and lousy offing luck over and done with for the next ten years.

I have 3 comments here:

1. I'm last one who would tell anybody that is tipping too much. As long as you are satisfied with the guy and figure out if was worth it , I consider your money well spent. Although 3000 is maximum tip I'd give for any length of time on last trip I exceeded it on few occasions by giving 100 of taxi money on my own incentive or giving 500 extra to boy for an excellent massage he provided. We may be spoiling them but at times so do them to us.

2. Speaking about duds, on my trip above  in 19 days I did not see even one I can describe as dud even remotely. Yes 3 boys kind of pissed me off tiny bit but still they performed very well. With one from Magnolia for some reason we did not chemistry so excellent massage did not lead anywhere further .

Boy from XSize was very good but reneged on long time and left after hour or so under parking excuse but I cut his tip to 1000 promising that he gets rest when he returns, he did not but then I realized that i really need some uninterrupted sleep that night so it worked for me , thank you.

Tawan boy , I bargained him down not being sure if he keeps time and I guessed rightly as he was looking for excuse to leave earlier again under parking excuse, had he stay full time promised I'd give him what he wanted originally because he was good. So I consider this his loss, not mine. 

3. speking about dud II

I forgot I promised you story of African guy who chatted me up in the BBB Inn another morning. He had hots for #60 from Jupiter, one of the best looking guys there where all are very good looking and offed him short time,  boy requested 2500 African did not mind to pay.

But in the room boy not only did not do anything to him but even flatly refused to shower together and after 30 minutes or so sandbaging told African he wants to go back to the bar because his clients are waiting for him  .    Shocked guy paid negotiated tip but was visibly distraught and pissed off, rightly so. Since this reflects my own experience with Jupiter boy from May 2013 lesson from it is that with those boys, as great looking as they are we need to negotiate firmly and up front or leave them alone.  

Thanks for your reports vinapu, I just hope I can get there on time so that I can share my expriences, they won't be as frequent as yours but I'm hoping to post something every 3 or 4 days or so. Looking forward to another Hero visit and will also be checking out Banana.

My best massages were in no particular order:

Tao from Banana

One from Screwboys / yes,  go-go boy /

Fay or Fi / spelling? / from Arena, 

M from Senso,

Art from Uniman

all of them using different techniques and working very fast which made for very intensive massage experience

I forgot to mention that on top of  massage boys from massage places I had also real massage , no hanky panky involved by Jirapat, professional masseur  in Pattaya. Session was impressive and I felt the difference but to be fair all those 5  mentioned above showed comparable skills and lots  of skin as a bonus. Will see him again if ever in Pattaya, I hope.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Thanks for the tip about the Jupiter boy, Vinapu. I have avoided Jupiter since 2008 because of a couple of bad experiences there.

If a boy doesn't perform, the client should tell him what he needs to do if he wants to actually receive the tip.

Obviously, the client's position is strengthened if he negotiates what should be done up front.  

However, if there's no performance whatsoever and the boy wants to leave after 30 minutes, the client is quite entitled to insist on some service before a tip is paid.

As for the negotiations, if a price is negotiated in advance, then the services to be provided should also be negotiated in advance.

In most of the world, of course it would be crazy to proceed without negotiating everything in advance. Thailand is perhaps the only exception, where the combination of reasonable bar staff and known going rates mean it's sometimes not necessary to discuss money up front.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading your reports and about your trip! It was so wonderful to read and I truly felt like I was there with you. Thank you!

Thank you very much Michael, good to know that all this typing was useful. Actually I enjoyed putting those reports together and I know that even I will read them form time to time in the future. Is only 4 days since I returned and I start missing LOS already

Thanks for the tip about the Jupiter boy, Vinapu. I have avoided Jupiter since 2008 because of a couple of bad experiences there.

I'm not avoiding Jupiter beacuse I like their show, mamasans are not pushy  and all boys are eve candy but I'm one of those who had  disapointments there in the past as well . 

My advice would be to negotiate with boy carefully including length of time and what he will and won't do.

With your bad experience we at least know that boys are not discriminating against farangs here, I think they are just bit too full of themselves.

They may be shooting themselves in the foot - one of night walking along Suriwong with xiluzer we met one of their best looking boys Ti #43 I had hots for coming after work. Because my last year's disappointment with his colleague it did not even cross my mind to take advantage of situation and  hire him right there. Boy went home without off and so did I.

I regret this and hope for correction in the future.

Obviously, the client's position is strengthened if he negotiates what should be done up front.  

However, if there's no performance whatsoever and the boy wants to leave after 30 minutes, the client is quite entitled to insist on some service before a tip is paid.

Problem with this approach is that even if you insist and boy gives up and does this or that,  encounter still will not be enjoyable as all will be done under kind of pressure.

I'm actually very tolerant and undemanding when comes to underperformace but hate with whole my heart and soul when boys tries to skip on negotiated time, doesn't matter how sweet he is as soon as he mentions that he wants to go I feel pissed of. This was my case with Boy from Tawan, truly great and enjoyable chap but story about parking car invented to get out earlier almost made me vomit so I gave up and let him go with negotiated tip.

Thankfully as you noted staff is mostly  reasonable and this type of incidents is mercifully rare / 2 out of 20  offs last trip  tried successfully to cut negotiated time, in one case I cut his tip to 1000 from 2500 , in second one above I gave up but not immediately/. This never happened with massage boys, no wonder I have soft spot for them.  

Regarding Nantra Silom Hotel.

I love it because of it's perfect location, so close to Tawan and Prime Massage. The size of the room does not bother me at all because i usually stay in the deluxe room ( but the bathroom is still small though). For deluxe room you can always get a good deal from Agoda (USD30 pernight / 108 bht... sometimes lower).

Regarding Jupiter...

thanks guys for sharing ideas and experiences... i love Jupiter shows and boys... but i'm going to be extra careful after reading about #60... maybe one should spend more time with the boy discussing about how the night is going to be, and trying to find the connection with him... but then again.. inside the the bar some will promise you the moon and and act all friendly, but when taken... transformed into a zombie... useless!!!

anyway, nice report all around Vin... so glad to meet you!! Till next time yeah! 

Regarding Nantra Silom Hotel.

I love it because of it's perfect location, so close to Tawan and Prime Massage. The size of the room does not bother me at all because i usually stay in the deluxe room ( but the bathroom is still small though). For deluxe room you can always get a good deal from Agoda (USD30 pernight / 108 bht... sometimes lower).

Regarding Jupiter...

thanks guys for sharing ideas and experiences... i love Jupiter shows and boys... but i'm going to be extra careful after reading about #60... maybe one should spend more time with the boy discussing about how the night is going to be, and trying to find the connection with him... but then again.. inside the the bar some will promise you the moon and and act all friendly, but when taken... transformed into a zombie... useless!!!

anyway, nice report all around Vin... so glad to meet you!! Till next time yeah! 

Next time I will try deluxe room at Nantra as location is excellent with 8 or so massage places within 200 m radius, one can easily spend 1 week there without crossing the street in search of suitable company.

I agree, one should invest in boy drink  at Jupiter and talk to a boy a bit before taking him home . Truth is , they all look great with #43 and #72 leading the pack for me

Here are a few random notes on my recent trip.  

Gogo Bars

Dream Boys -4 off fees paid

Funny Boys, Toy Boys, Cupidol, Krazy Dragon, Nature Boys (BKK) & Classic Boys BKK -1 off fee each

Needless to say, Dream Boys had by far the best selection of boys for my tastes. About 8 were really attractive, although some of them were frequently already gone when I arrived (usually after 9:30pm).  One time, I saw a boy leave with a customer and return whilst I was still there, maybe 30~40 minutes later.  The same person had done long time with me a few days before.

Eros deserves a mention for lots of, er, ass on show. Sunee Boys also had a nice selection

Wild West Boys managed to charge 250 for a water & had possibly the worst selection I have ever seen. Power Boys and Nice Boys were also a disappointment, but I suppose they keep the local tattoo artists employed.  :(

Classic Boys had a nice selection (as usual), however the mamasans were excessively pushy and difficult to get rid of.  So I left zero tip for them, when in most other places, a modest offering was usually (but not always) left.

About 5 dates were arranged via Planet Romeo and JackD.

Various massage shops were visited in Pattaya, including Sea (twice), Relax at Me, Somjit & one more behind Tuk Com.

The Beach

Still lots of cute boys there.  Most of them are already hooked up before they go there, however they still provide something to look at.

"Please be informed that there is a joiner's fee of 500 Baht per adult and 250 Baht per child".

Despite the excellent location, this put me off trying Nantra. 

What happens when you actually bring guests back?

Were the "safety deposit boxes" in the room or lobby?

I have been been staying there for more than 15 times... no problems at all in bringing boys to the room... they just don't care.. no id check.

Believe me, many of those who stayed there brought back lots of boys to the room without any hassle...

Next time I will try deluxe room at Nantra as location is excellent with 8 or so massage places within 200 m radius, one can easily spend 1 week there without crossing the street in search of suitable company.

I agree, one should invest in boy drink  at Jupiter and talk to a boy a bit before taking him home . Truth is , they all look great with #43 and #72 leading the pack for me

Oh yes Vin, Nantra is so close to Arena, your favourite yeah!!!

Massage : Thai Best, Prime, Montara, The Sun, one that in front of the Sun, 2 new ones beside 7E near Tawan, there's one behind 7E soi 8, Arena... yeah, you're right.. 8 or so massage places just around its corner.